Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › went into eufi clockspeed 4.4?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

went into eufi clockspeed 4.4?

post #1 of 7
Thread Starter 

sabertooth 990fx
clcok speed 4330x 20
ram 1443

bus speed 216

ht link 2384

dram frequency 722

nb 2384
IM on optimal mode and oc
do these numbers look ok

post #2 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by automaton View Post

sabertooth 990fx

clcok speed 4330x 20

ram 1443
bus speed 216
ht link 2384
dram frequency 722
nb 2384

IM on optimal mode and oc

do these numbers look ok

No, not really.

CPU speed = Buss speed x Multiplier. You have 216 x 20 = 4320 (Look at CPU-Z)
Memory speed is Buss speed x Divider, To hard to explain, but your memory should be running at whatever is it's advertized speed. Yours is at 722 x 2 (because it's Dual Chanel) = 1444 (Again look at CPU-Z)
HT link and NB Buss speed are OK. but you can play with them for added stability.

What you have is kind of a bastardized, mediocre overclock.

Leave the FSB at 200 and just change the multiplier (ie 200 x 22 = 4.4 ghz (you're at 4.33 ghz now)
There's a lot of other stuff you should be turning off and changing. Much, much to much to cover in a reply.

Read some guides on overclocking AMD Vishera CPUs. Post questions about what you don't understand.
Questions like "How do I overclock?" and "Is this OK?" are hard to answer.
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX6300 Black M5A99X EVO R2.0 Nvidia GTS450 Team Vulcan PC3 12800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 PRO Asus DRW-1608P (x2) Custom Water Cooling Win7 (Ult), Win 8.1 & Win Server 2012 R2 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2 X Samsung 915N Ducky Shine III, Blue Cherry/Blue LEDs PCP&C 1kw Lian Li PC-71 (W/Window) 
MouseAudio
Logiteck G400s none 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX6300 Black M5A99X EVO R2.0 Nvidia GTS450 Team Vulcan PC3 12800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 PRO Asus DRW-1608P (x2) Custom Water Cooling Win7 (Ult), Win 8.1 & Win Server 2012 R2 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2 X Samsung 915N Ducky Shine III, Blue Cherry/Blue LEDs PCP&C 1kw Lian Li PC-71 (W/Window) 
MouseAudio
Logiteck G400s none 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by billbartuska View Post


No, not really.

CPU speed = Buss speed x Multiplier. You have 216 x 20 = 4320 (Look at CPU-Z)
Memory speed is Buss speed x Divider, To hard to explain, but your memory should be running at whatever is it's advertized speed. Yours is at 722 x 2 (because it's Dual Chanel) = 1444 (Again look at CPU-Z)
HT link and NB Buss speed are OK. but you can play with them for added stability.

What you have is kind of a bastardized, mediocre overclock.

Leave the FSB at 200 and just change the multiplier (ie 200 x 22 = 4.4 ghz (you're at 4.33 ghz now)
There's a lot of other stuff you should be turning off and changing. Much, much to much to cover in a reply.

Read some guides on overclocking AMD Vishera CPUs. Post questions about what you don't understand.
Questions like "How do I overclock?" and "Is this OK?" are hard to answer.
Given I dont know what Im doing didnt know optimal mode would oc me Im afraid to tinker
I appreciate your reply and help thank you
post #4 of 7
Thread Starter 

I reset  fo oprimal default in eufi and it put everything back to stock

post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by billbartuska View Post

No, not really.

CPU speed = Buss speed x Multiplier. You have 216 x 20 = 4320 (Look at CPU-Z)
Memory speed is Buss speed x Divider, To hard to explain, but your memory should be running at whatever is it's advertized speed. Yours is at 722 x 2 (because it's Dual Chanel) = 1444 (Again look at CPU-Z)
HT link and NB Buss speed are OK. but you can play with them for added stability.

What you have is kind of a bastardized, mediocre overclock.

Leave the FSB at 200 and just change the multiplier (ie 200 x 22 = 4.4 ghz (you're at 4.33 ghz now)
There's a lot of other stuff you should be turning off and changing. Much, much to much to cover in a reply.

Read some guides on overclocking AMD Vishera CPUs. Post questions about what you don't understand.
Questions like "How do I overclock?" and "Is this OK?" are hard to answer.

I would like to note that it runs 1444Mhz because DDR3 does 2 operations each clock cycle.
Its actually running at 772Mhz, giving DDR3-1444 but software displays it as 1444Mhz.
If it were because of Dual Channel, Then in that way a Quad Channel would run 7x4=2888mhz what is simply not true.
Blazer
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4790K MSI MPower Z97 Gigabyte GTX970 G1 Gaming 4GB Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3-2600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial M500 120GB SSD Samsung 830 128GB SSD Cruscial MX200 250GB SSD WD 1TB HDD 
Power
Seasonic M12II Evo 750W 
  hide details  
Reply
Blazer
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4790K MSI MPower Z97 Gigabyte GTX970 G1 Gaming 4GB Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3-2600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial M500 120GB SSD Samsung 830 128GB SSD Cruscial MX200 250GB SSD WD 1TB HDD 
Power
Seasonic M12II Evo 750W 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6 of 7
This is a good starting point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MckeAmnDeTk
GrandPa's Gamer
(16 items)
 
Mini -ITX build
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790k @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus 7 Hero PowerColor R9 290X LCS w/Factory EK Waterblock 16gb of G.Skill Trident X 2400mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 850 EVO 500gb, 840 EVO 250gb, 840 Pro 1... 1 TB something.. Asus CD/DVD Drive Custom Water Loop cooling CPU and GPU 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Asus 24" VG248QE 144hz, Asus 24" VE247H Razer Blackwidow Ultimate XFX Pro Black 850w PSU 
CaseMouseAudio
Phanteks Enthoo Primo Black/Red Razer DeathAdder Turtle Beach PX21 headset 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel g3258 @ 4.2ghz  Asrock B85M-ITX XFX R7 250 4gb PNY 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840, 120gb SSD Samsung USB drive stock Windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer CM Storm Devastator 300 watt COOLER MASTER Elite 110 
MouseAudio
CM Storm Devastator Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
GrandPa's Gamer
(16 items)
 
Mini -ITX build
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790k @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus 7 Hero PowerColor R9 290X LCS w/Factory EK Waterblock 16gb of G.Skill Trident X 2400mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 850 EVO 500gb, 840 EVO 250gb, 840 Pro 1... 1 TB something.. Asus CD/DVD Drive Custom Water Loop cooling CPU and GPU 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Asus 24" VG248QE 144hz, Asus 24" VE247H Razer Blackwidow Ultimate XFX Pro Black 850w PSU 
CaseMouseAudio
Phanteks Enthoo Primo Black/Red Razer DeathAdder Turtle Beach PX21 headset 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel g3258 @ 4.2ghz  Asrock B85M-ITX XFX R7 250 4gb PNY 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840, 120gb SSD Samsung USB drive stock Windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer CM Storm Devastator 300 watt COOLER MASTER Elite 110 
MouseAudio
CM Storm Devastator Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by prescotter View Post

I would like to note that it runs 1444Mhz because DDR3 does 2 operations each clock cycle.
Its actually running at 772Mhz, giving DDR3-1444 but software displays it as 1444Mhz.
If it were because of Dual Channel, Then in that way a Quad Channel would run 7x4=2888mhz what is simply not true.

I stand corrected. DDR = Double Data Rate.
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX6300 Black M5A99X EVO R2.0 Nvidia GTS450 Team Vulcan PC3 12800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 PRO Asus DRW-1608P (x2) Custom Water Cooling Win7 (Ult), Win 8.1 & Win Server 2012 R2 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2 X Samsung 915N Ducky Shine III, Blue Cherry/Blue LEDs PCP&C 1kw Lian Li PC-71 (W/Window) 
MouseAudio
Logiteck G400s none 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX6300 Black M5A99X EVO R2.0 Nvidia GTS450 Team Vulcan PC3 12800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 PRO Asus DRW-1608P (x2) Custom Water Cooling Win7 (Ult), Win 8.1 & Win Server 2012 R2 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2 X Samsung 915N Ducky Shine III, Blue Cherry/Blue LEDs PCP&C 1kw Lian Li PC-71 (W/Window) 
MouseAudio
Logiteck G400s none 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › went into eufi clockspeed 4.4?