Overclock.net › Forums › Hardware Vendors › Case Labs › Case Labs Post-Sales › STH10 arrived...FEDEX damaged parts..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

STH10 arrived...FEDEX damaged parts.. - Page 2

post #11 of 44
12/6 month and day backwards
post #12 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDV617 View Post

Ehhh looks like it could go either way. If Fedex did all the packaging, they are at fault, at least more so than the seller. But if that is how Case Labs decides to package and handle their cases, that's a different story. I would take the issue up with both companies to be honest.

Trust me I have recieve multiply packages from Case Labs and if anything they package too well. If case is damaged then it is FedEx and they must have used a tank to push box around..

Quote:
Originally Posted by socketus View Post

Yah, CL is the champion of case packaging. Fedex had to work overtime to mangle the box like that. One question - if you got it in June of '13, why are you just now posting this ?

seems odd, just sayin ...

Welcome to the CL family. Hope you get it sorted soon !

Yes it does seem odd to just now be posting it??
post #13 of 44
that looks like a piss poor packaging job for a heavy case. no form and only about 1-2 inches of paper, I don't know what you expect if you pack a case like that.

The packaging is definitely to blame, how much does that case weight?
post #14 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotendbz1 View Post

that looks like a piss poor packaging job for a heavy case. no form and only about 1-2 inches of paper, I don't know what you expect if you pack a case like that.

The packaging is definitely to blame, how much does that case weight?

Trust me I have recieve multiply packages from Case Labs and if anything they package too well. If case is damaged then it is FedEx and they must have used a tank to push box around.. This would also be the first time I had heard of a complaint about CL packaging... they use, lots of forms and plastic, cardboard and paper.

Sorry to double post but I cant stand someone saying something bad about packaging from CL. I know I have received over 10 large shipments from them. from just extra parts to cases and always perfect on the inside of the box!!!
post #15 of 44
ouch
post #16 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by socketus View Post

Yah, CL is the champion of case packaging. Fedex had to work overtime to mangle the box like that. One question - if you got it in June of '13, why are you just now posting this ?

seems odd, just sayin ...

Welcome to the CL family. Hope you get it sorted soon !

Most of the world uses date as day/month/year not the US month/day/year
post #17 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by zemco999 View Post

Most of the world uses date as day/month/year not the US month/day/year

You are so right and I work internationally and live in the USA and always use the day/month/year so I feel real stupid for not thinking about this!!
post #18 of 44
Kevin is aware of the situation and is in contact with the OP, has been for a few days now. In fact, he emailed me these pics and we had some banter about Fedex.

Sorry for this. IT's never fun seeing stuff you worked so hard for get ruined. Rest assured we'll figure out a solution for this.
post #19 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by XNine View Post

Kevin is aware of the situation and is in contact with the OP, has been for a few days now. In fact, he emailed me these pics and we had some banter about Fedex.

Sorry for this. IT's never fun seeing stuff you worked so hard for get ruined. Rest assured we'll figure out a solution for this.

That's some great customer service right here thumb.gif
post #20 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDV617 View Post

Ehhh looks like it could go either way. If Fedex did all the packaging, they are at fault, at least more so than the seller. But if that is how Case Labs decides to package and handle their cases, that's a different story. I would take the issue up with both companies to be honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotendbz1 View Post

that looks like a piss poor packaging job for a heavy case. no form and only about 1-2 inches of paper, I don't know what you expect if you pack a case like that.

The packaging is definitely to blame, how much does that case weight?

Shipping damage happens. This is why every case we ship has shipping insurance. We will also personally handle the damage claim with FedEx, and we will ship your replacement parts as fast as we can process them, regardless of the status of the claim.

As far as packaging is concerned,

The STH10 is shipped in a double wall 275lb test box and has a shipping weight of around 42lbs. The bottom of the box is lined in multiple layers of thick bubble wrap. Every single part is individually wrapped in thick plastic and separated by layers of foam. The top of the box is packed with paper to ensure a tight "compressed" shipment. This "compressed" packaging prevents parts from moving around inside the box. It is more than evident that this package was very poorly handled.

We already have a damage claim in progress for this shipment, and the parts are being replaced.
Edited by Kevin_CL - 4/8/14 at 7:00pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Case Labs Post-Sales
Overclock.net › Forums › Hardware Vendors › Case Labs › Case Labs Post-Sales › STH10 arrived...FEDEX damaged parts..