Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Builds & Case Mods › Build Logs › [BL&VL] Gold Rush -= The Voters Choice Build:750D, 780Ti-SLI, Delidding, Sleeving, Acrylic Tube, 2x420 rads =-
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[BL&VL] Gold Rush -= The Voters Choice Build:750D, 780Ti-SLI, Delidding, Sleeving, Acrylic Tube, 2x420 rads =- - Page 4

post #31 of 277
Is there any way for me to change my poll vote? I want to change from "other" to the NB fans because I don't want darwing to have to buy AF140s because of stupid poll answerers... tongue.gif

Although I do still stand by my previous vote of Phanteks 140SP or 140XP, for other.
post #32 of 277
Thread Starter 
so major update will be coming tonight, however here is a teaser with the fitting as smooth as a baby's but 2 x 420 Rads wink.gif


Those pics are of the rad sitting on the ground, after I screwed in the fans there is literally an unmeasurable amount of room between the top fan and the front res, however there is a thiin streem of light between the two! LOL I can use the premade holes for the 140mm fans, however because EH uses 20mm instead of the standard 15mm between fans, I will be required to drill 2 holes (THATS IT!!!!!) to fit the middle fan in but everything has gone almost too smooth...













EXCEPT THIS LOOK AT MY RES!!!

PHOBYA CRAP RES

I will also be getting a better light source for my pictures there is no light in my basement, and uploading the second video this weekend smile.gif and pain that EK rad it looks brown frown.gif

Oh and we need to discuss the fan selection cause $25/fan is over $250 in fans alone for the noiseblockers... mad.gif
Edited by darwing - 1/9/14 at 9:31pm
post #33 of 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by darwing View Post

so major update will be coming tonight, however here is a teaser with the fitting as smooth as a baby's but 2 x 420 Rads wink.gif


Those pics are of the rad sitting on the ground, after I screwed in the fans there is literally an unmeasurable amount of room between the top fan and the front res, however there is a thiin streem of light between the two! LOL I can use the premade holes for the 140mm fans, however because EH uses 20mm instead of the standard 15mm between fans, I will be required to drill 2 holes (THATS IT!!!!!) to fit the middle fan in but everything has gone almost too smooth...













EXCEPT THIS LOOK AT MY RES!!!

PHOBYA CRAP RES

I will also be getting a better light source for my pictures there is no light in my basement, and uploading the second video this weekend smile.gif and pain that EK rad it looks brown frown.gif

Oh and we need to discuss the fan selection cause $25/fan is over $250 in fans alone for the noiseblockers... mad.gif

You get what you pay for, they look sexy and from my experience with mine, solid build quality and nice harmonics
post #34 of 277
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heracles View Post

You get what you pay for, they look sexy and from my experience with mine, solid build quality and nice harmonics

Ok if noiseblocker is #1 then what's for sake of argument # 2
post #35 of 277
Have you thought about anything from Phanteks, or do the white blades clash too much with the build? I think they should be in the running if fans with colors like Noctua or NZXT are in it...

Oh and Heracles when you are quoting a bunch of pics it is best to put them in spoiler tags, or delete them and say something like "snip."

Example:
Quote:
Originally Posted by darwing View Post

so major update will be coming tonight, however here is a teaser with the fitting as smooth as a baby's but 2 x 420 Rads wink.gif
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Those pics are of the rad sitting on the ground, after I screwed in the fans there is literally an unmeasurable amount of room between the top fan and the front res, however there is a thiin streem of light between the two! LOL I can use the premade holes for the 140mm fans, however because EH uses 20mm instead of the standard 15mm between fans, I will be required to drill 2 holes (THATS IT!!!!!) to fit the middle fan in but everything has gone almost too smooth...

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)












EXCEPT THIS LOOK AT MY RES!!!

PHOBYA CRAP RES

I will also be getting a better light source for my pictures there is no light in my basement, and uploading the second video this weekend smile.gif and pain that EK rad it looks brown frown.gif

Oh and we need to discuss the fan selection cause $25/fan is over $250 in fans alone for the noiseblockers... mad.gif

Edited by WarpPrism - 1/9/14 at 11:47pm
post #36 of 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by darwing View Post

Ok if noiseblocker is #1 then what's for sake of argument # 2

Same thing as the Noiseblockers but they have a "interesting" colour scheme that clashes with 90% of builds
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpPrism View Post

Have you thought about anything from [URL=http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod

Oh and Heracles when you are quoting a bunch of pics it is best to put them in spoiler tags, or delete them and say something like "snip."

Example:

I posted that on my mobile and it likes to play up on me :/, when I am behind an actual KB/M I edit and snip biggrin.gif
post #37 of 277
Thread Starter 
Not worried about fan color scheme as I will b painting them all to coordinate, sort of surprised I don't have to do any modding to fit those rads in there...

Oh well I guess that eans I get to make the mount for the pump and res this weekend smile.gif
post #38 of 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heracles View Post

Same thing as the Noiseblockers but they have a "interesting" colour scheme that clashes with 90% of builds
I posted that on my mobile and it likes to play up on me :/, when I am behind an actual KB/M I edit and snip biggrin.gif

Ok I understand, as I browse from my phone from time to time. Scrolling all the way down just gets annoying sometimes... tongue.gif And it takes more data for phones to load.
Quote:
Originally Posted by darwing View Post

Not worried about fan color scheme as I will b painting them all to coordinate, sort of surprised I don't have to do any modding to fit those rads in there...

Oh well I guess that eans I get to make the mount for the pump and res this weekend smile.gif

Which res again? Are you still using a Phobya or did you say in your res thread what you were getting?
post #39 of 277
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpPrism View Post

Ok I understand, as I browse from my phone from time to time. Scrolling all the way down just gets annoying sometimes... tongue.gif And it takes more data for phones to load.
Which res again? Are you still using a Phobya or did you say in your res thread what you were getting?

so Im going to get performance-pcs to ship me a new one, judging by the discoloration in the metal, I think this is due to either the storage or moisture..I dont know what it could have been what do you think?

Im actually trying to get Alex (head of FrozenQ reservoirs) to make me a custom res, if he is able to make either a gold helix, or a double gold and black helix mix then I'll pay whatever to get that, otherwise I can try to paint a res, but that may turn out bad unless its a silver top/bottom res that will take the gold well..

I'm going to try to re-connect with Alex on my proposed custom res cause I think a gold & Black glowing res would look sick,

this weekend Ill be making the mount for the pump and configuring the res stands and uploading the 2nd video. As well trying to purchase some good photo hardware for the rest of the build
post #40 of 277
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpPrism View Post

Have you thought about anything from Phanteks, or do the white blades clash too much with the build? I think they should be in the running if fans with colors like Noctua or NZXT are in it...

Oh and Heracles when you are quoting a bunch of pics it is best to put them in spoiler tags, or delete them and say something like "snip."

Example:

Just looked at the phantasy and they are $10 cheaper per fan which is significant, in a contest for top rad fans for performance to noise where do these stand?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Build Logs
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Builds & Case Mods › Build Logs › [BL&VL] Gold Rush -= The Voters Choice Build:750D, 780Ti-SLI, Delidding, Sleeving, Acrylic Tube, 2x420 rads =-