Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › Graphics Cards - General › GTX 780Ti or R9-290 CrossFire ?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

GTX 780Ti or R9-290 CrossFire ? - Page 4  

post #31 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdr09 View Post

this thread should be closed. op has decided. lol
And he made the smart choice going with Nvidia. thumb.gif
post #32 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gripen90 View Post


So I ordered the Palit GTX 780 Super Jetstream 980MHz core (1033MHz Boost) & 6.2GHz ram instead. Coming tomorrow.
It was cheaper and came with 3 games.

Guess i was here a tad to late

good decision I really dont see much of an investment increase justifying 50% increase on the cost for a ti over a non ti.

17% memory bandwith and 27% texel is not enough for twice the price for me

Edit fixed pricing difference lol
post #33 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippyPinhead View Post

And he made the smart choice going with Nvidia. thumb.gif

my 2 7900 series cards were not the best but i enjoyed them. never had to install and uninstall driver for each and every game i played. but hey, miners need them . . .




hoping a miner will need my 290 someday.thumb.gif
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 1050 16 / 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 212 10 64 32 1080 
PowerCase
700 912 
  hide details  
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 1050 16 / 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 212 10 64 32 1080 
PowerCase
700 912 
  hide details  
post #34 of 59
I
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdr09 View Post

my 2 7900 series cards were not the best but i enjoyed them. never had to install and uninstall driver for each and every game i played. but hey, miners need them . . .




hoping a miner will need my 290 someday.thumb.gif

Im sure if i put my 290s for sale i get something around 500 per card maybe 650 if i found some one that waters them( since i got full blocks and back plates)
post #35 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekamikazepr View Post

I
Im sure if i put my 290s for sale i get something around 500 per card maybe 650 if i found some one that waters them( since i got full blocks and back plates)

soon you'll find out how a 290 compares to your Ti. unless you have the King.
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 1050 16 / 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 212 10 64 32 1080 
PowerCase
700 912 
  hide details  
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 1050 16 / 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 212 10 64 32 1080 
PowerCase
700 912 
  hide details  
post #36 of 59
kingpin coming take that biggrin.gif

I cannot stand the idea of sli/cf - single card man and will always be.

So my choice if I had the money would the fastest single card out there biggrin.gif
post #37 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdr09 View Post

soon you'll find out how a 290 compares to your Ti. unless you have the King.

Oh i know the dofference wink.gif

Build quality in 780's/ti and titan is way superior.

Price /Performance wise if watercool r9 is a better option.

But ill be honest gamin evolve is not even 50% as good as geforce exp
post #38 of 59
Not to m
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladcrooks View Post

kingpin coming take that biggrin.gif

I cannot stand the idea of sli/cf - single card man and will always be.

So my choice if I had the money would the fastest single card out there biggrin.gif


Not to mention extra cost in electricity, psu that cost nearly 3x as much and the lack support on games.
post #39 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekamikazepr View Post

Not to m
Not to mention extra cost in electricity, psu that cost nearly 3x as much and the lack support on games.

how much does the King consumes?
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 1050 16 / 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 212 10 64 32 1080 
PowerCase
700 912 
  hide details  
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 1050 16 / 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 212 10 64 32 1080 
PowerCase
700 912 
  hide details  
post #40 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdr09 View Post

how much does the King consumes?
By king you mean titan i guess?

250 vs "300"(r9)

Some people claim r9. Jumping to 383 w/o overclock tho

You can run a simple intel tiran/780 on 450 watts... You cant on a r9-290
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Graphics Cards - General
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › Graphics Cards - General › GTX 780Ti or R9-290 CrossFire ?