This is from the Steam forums.
1. Mouse4, Mouse5, etc. cannot be mapped in keybindings.
2. Mouse aim does not work during the turret segment in chapter 4.
3. "Switch-lock-on" is bound to movement keys A and D and cannot be changed.Game crashes:
1. Game crashes when failing to read a certain .dll file - ntdll.dll.
(Seems to happen if the user has no C:\ drive. Plugging in a flash drive and then setting it as C:\ seems to fix this.
2. Game crashes/goes to black screen when changing resolution.
(Delete the GraphicOption file in your Users/"your profile"/Documents/MGR/SaveData folder to reset your graphics settings to default)
3. Some users are reporting silent crashes with no error at all.Graphics:
1. Game runs at 24 frames per second/24Hz for users using HDMI cables. Other users report other oddities like the game running at 50FPS while fullscreen with HDMI, but running at the appropriate 60FPS while windowed.
(-For AMD users, forcing the game to run at 60Hz using RadeonPro seems to fix this issue, HDMI or not.
-For nVidia users that have issues with the game running at 50FPS, turning off vsync in MGR:R's application profile seems to solve the issue.)
2. Some users are reporting graphical issues when Crossfire is enabled - polygon tearing, black lines on objects.
(AFR Friendly profile seems to work)
3. Some users are reporting shader issues when blur and msaa are enabled - blue objects appear yellowish in motion.
4. The game will have letterboxing or borders even when played at native resolution.
(-This seems to be an ATI driver issue, not a game issue - Cheesecake posted a workaround at http://steamcommunity.com/app/235460/discussions/0/630802344121601673/
-Launching the game with RadeonPro might fix this issue)
5. The game does not change the computer's physical resolution on its own, it only changes logical resolution (e.g. downscales or upscales).
6. A user has an issue with the sun effect not being obscured by objects. The sun flare disappears after a screenshot is taken with Steam, and then returns after a few minutes. The user is using a ATI 7660G + 7670M combination.
7. Some users have the Steam Overlay flicker while playing at 1080p.
8. Some users have blurry textures at 1080p fullscreen, but textures are sharp when windowed.
9. Raiden's body does not show up on the customization screen for some users.
(updating your graphics drivers may fix this)
10. Some users report the game running at 59fps as opposed to 60fps.Boss fights/QTEs
1. Certain models/scripts are not loading, such as the clock tower in second boss fight.
(-restarting seems to fix this
-800x600 resolution might fix this, but that would also require a restart of the boss)
2. Some users are having issues with the armstrong fight.
---The debris cut by blade mode doesn't drop nanopaste like in the xbox/ps3 version.
---Armstrong's final QTE doesn't work, after the initial left joystick QTE, blade mode doesn't turn on when the symbol comes on screen.
(Seems to work on 800x600 for those affected by it)Audio:
1. The game cannot be silenced through volume control.
2. Some users have no audio in cutscenes - some users report 50% audio in cutscenesMisc/uncategorized:
1. Sundowner can get stuck in the ground when being chased.
(this does not seem to break any triggers, and despite this the game can be played through normally)
2. The game does not save.
(This appears to be an issue with Windows 8.1 users where the game does not have perimssion to write to the disk. Try running the game as an administrator. Alternatively, transferring Steam to a location like C:\Steam may also work).
3. Mouse cursor will sometimes appear on screen even while using a gamepad.
4. The cutscene where Monsoon talks to Raiden before his fight is not skippable.
5. Some enemy spawns appear to be broken for some users.
6. Cut-up objects disappear too quickly (i7 issue?)
7. A user reported an arm not registering and suggesting checking if an arm is in the collection and, if not, it appears back in-game.Missing features
1. Game does not list resolutions above 1080p and/or numerous 8:5/16:10/4:3/16:9 resolutions
(Numerous issues with resolutions abound:
- the game does not change physical resolution
- the UI is not scaled properly
- the final boss doesn't seem to behave properly at higher resolutions, although that may be an issue with the speed of the hardware of those experiencing said issue)
2. Game does not offer DirectInput support or provide PlayStation 3 buttons on HUD.
3. Lack of mouse options, notably removal of negative mouse acceleration.
4. No option to silence audio on focus loss.
5. The game is locked at 60 FPS at the moment.
(It's not known exactly how feasible it would be to remove this restriction)
6. Lack of a Vsync option.
7. Lack of a borderless windowed option.
8. Needs more bindable keys for KB+M controls, like sub-weapon confirm.Translation errors
-Prodigal Murderer: while the title is in french (Assassin Prodige) the description is in Italian ("Sconfiggi Mistral senza subire alcun danno in difficoltà Difficile o superiore." should be "Battre Mistral sans subir de dégâts en mode Difficile ou supérieur.")
-Stormbringer: the description is in fact the one for Steel Tail ("Couper la queue métallique du Metal Gear RAY pendant le dossier R-00." while it should be "Terminer le mode Histoire avec tous les classements S en mode Revengeance.")
-Italian users have a similar issue with the Prodigal Murderer achievement, where the title is in Italian but the description is in French.Fixed bugs
(if you get any of these, make sure your game is up to date!)
1. Game crashes if connection to Steam is dropped.
(-Was caused by faulty Steam integration.
-Should be fixed by an update as of 11:30AM PST January 10, 2014.)