I'd like to present my newest build log, Jet Black. This log is culmination of a semester of thinking and debating, much thinking that has turned into a very large build. I'll skip all of the gibberish and get right to the point:
What is the point of this build you may ask? Four processors, 16 sticks of RAM all watercooled? My answer: why not? Gradually I'm gaming less and less and using the true power of my sig rig less; I simply don't want unused power (and depreciating money) sitting in my rig. While I may be jumping back to the old days with my motherboard/processor choice, the computer will serve me well learning Linux based operating systems.
The Almighty To Do List (In no particular order)
- Takedown, flush and clean parts to be reused
- Takedown Case and Fans, Paint with HVLP
- Reassemble Case and Install Components
- Sleeving and Cabling (Black, Dark Grey and Green)
The theme of the build, if you haven't already figured it out, is of a typical business jet. I've had a passion for flying since I was a kid, and after enrolling in flight school to become a commercial pilot, it only makes sense! Therefore, it's only natural that my case will be painted in aviation-grade paint and topcoats. While it will be a bit pricy, I'm confident in the finish and durability. It will also give me a 90 degree heavy gloss I've been very eager to achieve.
- PTI Acid Etch Primer/Stripper
- PTI Polyurethane Paint in Dakota Black (14038)
- PTI PT-1003 Type I Reducer
- PTI Gloss Top Coat
- Motherboard: Tyan Thunder S4989
- CPU's: 4x AMD Opteron 8358SE
- RAM: 32x (Brand Undecided) DDR2 ECC 600Mhz 1GB Sticks
- Video Card: Galaxy GTX 780HOF
- SSD: Corsair Force SATA III 120GB
- Hard Drive: 2TB Seagate Black
- Power Supply: Corsair AX1200
- Case: Little Devil PC-V8 Reverse
- CPU Blocks: EK Supremacy Nickel/Plexi
- RAM Blocks: Bitspower V2 Plexi Blocks with Bitspower Covers
- GPU Block: Swiftech Komodo LE
- Tubing: E22 Acrylic to start, gradual switch over to chrome plated copper
- Fittings: Bitspower C47 Crystal Links and a plethora of angle fittings in WHITE
- Radiators: 2x EKWB Coolstream XT 480
- Pumps: 2x Swiftech MCP35x
- Reservoirs: Swiftech Bay Reservior
- Fluid: Ice Dragon Nanofluid
- Fans: 13x Noiseblocker E-Loop 120mm Painted Green
This build needs to be completed by June 21st, as that's my office's annual LAN party where everyone shows off their yearly PC builds. I'm very eager to turn some heads!
Suggestions and improvements are always welcome!
Edited by WebsterXC - 5/16/14 at 3:02pm