Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Power Supplies › Why you might not want to buy a Corsair RM PSU
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Why you might not want to buy a Corsair RM PSU - Page 31

post #301 of 649
It's not a lot of product. At this price range it doesn't even jap caps. It should have. And we all know that non jap caps are ALWAYS shorter in life.
Ayase Eli
(20 items)
 
Testbench
(10 items)
 
MC Server
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 7 1700 ASRock X370 SLI Killer Zotac GTX1070 "FE" with ID Cooling Frostflow 240G Crucial BallistiX Sport LP 16GB 8x2GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Zotac SSD Premium 480GB OCZ Vector 180 480GB Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 7200rpm ID Cooling Frostflow 240L 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
ID Cooling Frostflow 240G Phanteks F140MP x2 CoolerMaster Silencio FP120 x2 Phanteks F140SP 
CoolingMonitorKeyboardPower
Delta AFB1212SH x2 Dell U2713HM CM Storm MECH FSP Aurum PT 1200 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Phanteks Enthoo Pro Logitech G102 Tesoro Aegis X3 Virtus.Pro AKG K7XX 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700k Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 Depends Depends 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
Plextor M5S Depends Dell U2312HM CM Storm Quickfire Rapid-i 
PowerMouse
FSP Aurum PT 1200 CM Storm Mizar 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 2600 4GHz Gigabyte Z77X D3H Intel HD Graphics 2000 obviously Kingston HyperX Genesis 4X4GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Intel 530 240GB Deepcool Captain 240 Arctic Cooling Bionix 140 Delta AFB1212L 
OSPowerCase
Windows 10 Pro CoolerMaster G750M NZXT Switch 810 
  hide details  
Reply
Ayase Eli
(20 items)
 
Testbench
(10 items)
 
MC Server
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 7 1700 ASRock X370 SLI Killer Zotac GTX1070 "FE" with ID Cooling Frostflow 240G Crucial BallistiX Sport LP 16GB 8x2GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Zotac SSD Premium 480GB OCZ Vector 180 480GB Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 7200rpm ID Cooling Frostflow 240L 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
ID Cooling Frostflow 240G Phanteks F140MP x2 CoolerMaster Silencio FP120 x2 Phanteks F140SP 
CoolingMonitorKeyboardPower
Delta AFB1212SH x2 Dell U2713HM CM Storm MECH FSP Aurum PT 1200 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Phanteks Enthoo Pro Logitech G102 Tesoro Aegis X3 Virtus.Pro AKG K7XX 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700k Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 Depends Depends 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
Plextor M5S Depends Dell U2312HM CM Storm Quickfire Rapid-i 
PowerMouse
FSP Aurum PT 1200 CM Storm Mizar 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 2600 4GHz Gigabyte Z77X D3H Intel HD Graphics 2000 obviously Kingston HyperX Genesis 4X4GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Intel 530 240GB Deepcool Captain 240 Arctic Cooling Bionix 140 Delta AFB1212L 
OSPowerCase
Windows 10 Pro CoolerMaster G750M NZXT Switch 810 
  hide details  
Reply
post #302 of 649
We do? Cause I have 4 broken systems here that have "dead" japanese caps needing replacement after 5 years of moderate usage, with a fan or two making sure about proper air flow and such.

On the other hand my internet router which is like 10 years old and works 24/7, without having any fans and always being hot to the touch still works... and it has like 3-4 Teapos.

It's not just the caps people, it's the whole package. It's just that japanese caps affect the said package positively.
post #303 of 649
And I just got my second EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti Superclocked ACX 3GB as the other one got fried without any overclock. - You can sometimes be unlucky and you can sometimes be lucky wink.gif

Anyway on topic: The RM1000 is still going strong hasn't died yet, I will make sure to update this topic asap when it does. - In 5-10 years time or so biggrin.gif

- One thing I will mention "against" the RM1000 - It gets HOT - I have tested it whole day feeding it around 750W and warm it is. If it shortens lifetime a lot, I a do not know, but it is worth to mention.
Edited by Wrathier - 4/7/14 at 5:50pm
post #304 of 649
I am from the UK and have a Corsair RM1000 and i am more than happy with it!....I bought it because it was competitively priced and has received good reviews else where...other than this thread!...Also i do not believe for one minute that the so called crappy caps will shorten it life!...And if they do i have a 5 year warranty that i feel sure that Corsair will honour!
Custom Build
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7-4770K Gigabyte Z87X-DH3 Gigabyte R9 290 WindForce OC PowerColor PCS+ R9 290 4GB 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 mhz Samsung 840 Pro Sandisk Extreme 2 Seagate Hybrid Solid State Desktop Drive (SSHD)... 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-224DB H80i Windows 8.1 Pro  QNIX QX2710 LED [Matte] Perfect Pixel 27" @ 1... 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K70 - Cherry MX Brown Corsair 1000W RM1000 Zalman z11 plus  Corsair Vengeance M95 Performance Mouse 
AudioAudio
Cambridge Soundworks 5.1 Corsair Headset Vengeance 2100 Dolby 7.1 Wirele... 
  hide details  
Reply
Custom Build
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7-4770K Gigabyte Z87X-DH3 Gigabyte R9 290 WindForce OC PowerColor PCS+ R9 290 4GB 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 mhz Samsung 840 Pro Sandisk Extreme 2 Seagate Hybrid Solid State Desktop Drive (SSHD)... 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-224DB H80i Windows 8.1 Pro  QNIX QX2710 LED [Matte] Perfect Pixel 27" @ 1... 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K70 - Cherry MX Brown Corsair 1000W RM1000 Zalman z11 plus  Corsair Vengeance M95 Performance Mouse 
AudioAudio
Cambridge Soundworks 5.1 Corsair Headset Vengeance 2100 Dolby 7.1 Wirele... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #305 of 649
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawson67 View Post

I am from the UK and have a Corsair RM1000 and i am more than happy with it!....I bought it because it was competitively priced and has received good reviews else where...other than this thread!...Also i do not believe for one minute that the so called crappy caps will shorten it life!...And if they do i have a 5 year warranty that i feel sure that Corsair will honour!

Well you sacrificed everything just to get a higher wattage psu. Even if you plan to crossfire 850w would suffice.

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-power-supply-220g20850xr

Cheaper
Better build quality
Better Components
Better electrical performance
10 years warranty
post #306 of 649
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukelear View Post

Well you sacrificed everything just to get a higher wattage psu. Even if you plan to crossfire 850w would suffice.

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-power-supply-220g20850xr

Cheaper
Better build quality
Better Components
Better electrical performance
10 years warranty

As I just stated in another thread:

"perhaps it is me, but I do not care about 10 years warrenty. I never owned any hardware for much more than a year and a half anyway, but okay, this is my hobby and it is also my work, so I guess I put a bit to much cash into it really. - According to the wife I most definitely do smile.gif"

However, I still do not agree upon the build quality at all. - I have yet to see the Corsair fry, but I have already had one EVGA product frying on me within the last month. - So that alone makes me a bit.. hmm EVGA, is it really all that people think they are?

Also, the only reason I choose 1000Watt instead of lets say 850Watt is, that it clearly states that if I want to SLI on a ROG board, I need a 1000Watt. - So in order to not get any struggle if I burn the system down mining, I buy what is suggested by the motherboard manufacture and then I do not care about a few coins in price difference. - I can't be bothered.

*
Edited by Wrathier - 4/10/14 at 8:42pm
post #307 of 649
I can already see that someone is going to tell me i got the wrong PSU, BUT. I have an RM850, so far, so good, like a few others here have said, 5 yrs is more than enough for me, im usually turning over components every year or two anyway. The buying factors for me were, Price, Modular cables, size, reviews i read before purchasing, and the fact that it was the only decent PSU the store had in stock when i went in to buy a second GPU. Anyway, before you say anything, ill just say, this thread should have been titled "Why I wouldn't buy an RM series PSU" Its just the same as I would never buy a Ford, and I could also provide plenty of information on problems and faults to support my argument, but i would never tell someone else that they shouldnt buy a Ford, it comes down to personal preference, budget, and availability i guess. Just my 2 cents.
post #308 of 649
If you want to come in and say "OH I bought the right PSU for me" Get out. It's like going into a AMD GPU thread and saying "I bought the right GPU! It's an Intel!"
Ayase Eli
(20 items)
 
Testbench
(10 items)
 
MC Server
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 7 1700 ASRock X370 SLI Killer Zotac GTX1070 "FE" with ID Cooling Frostflow 240G Crucial BallistiX Sport LP 16GB 8x2GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Zotac SSD Premium 480GB OCZ Vector 180 480GB Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 7200rpm ID Cooling Frostflow 240L 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
ID Cooling Frostflow 240G Phanteks F140MP x2 CoolerMaster Silencio FP120 x2 Phanteks F140SP 
CoolingMonitorKeyboardPower
Delta AFB1212SH x2 Dell U2713HM CM Storm MECH FSP Aurum PT 1200 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Phanteks Enthoo Pro Logitech G102 Tesoro Aegis X3 Virtus.Pro AKG K7XX 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700k Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 Depends Depends 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
Plextor M5S Depends Dell U2312HM CM Storm Quickfire Rapid-i 
PowerMouse
FSP Aurum PT 1200 CM Storm Mizar 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 2600 4GHz Gigabyte Z77X D3H Intel HD Graphics 2000 obviously Kingston HyperX Genesis 4X4GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Intel 530 240GB Deepcool Captain 240 Arctic Cooling Bionix 140 Delta AFB1212L 
OSPowerCase
Windows 10 Pro CoolerMaster G750M NZXT Switch 810 
  hide details  
Reply
Ayase Eli
(20 items)
 
Testbench
(10 items)
 
MC Server
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 7 1700 ASRock X370 SLI Killer Zotac GTX1070 "FE" with ID Cooling Frostflow 240G Crucial BallistiX Sport LP 16GB 8x2GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Zotac SSD Premium 480GB OCZ Vector 180 480GB Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 7200rpm ID Cooling Frostflow 240L 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
ID Cooling Frostflow 240G Phanteks F140MP x2 CoolerMaster Silencio FP120 x2 Phanteks F140SP 
CoolingMonitorKeyboardPower
Delta AFB1212SH x2 Dell U2713HM CM Storm MECH FSP Aurum PT 1200 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Phanteks Enthoo Pro Logitech G102 Tesoro Aegis X3 Virtus.Pro AKG K7XX 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700k Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 Depends Depends 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
Plextor M5S Depends Dell U2312HM CM Storm Quickfire Rapid-i 
PowerMouse
FSP Aurum PT 1200 CM Storm Mizar 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 2600 4GHz Gigabyte Z77X D3H Intel HD Graphics 2000 obviously Kingston HyperX Genesis 4X4GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Intel 530 240GB Deepcool Captain 240 Arctic Cooling Bionix 140 Delta AFB1212L 
OSPowerCase
Windows 10 Pro CoolerMaster G750M NZXT Switch 810 
  hide details  
Reply
post #309 of 649
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilbs84 View Post

I can already see that someone is going to tell me i got the wrong PSU, BUT. I have an RM850, so far, so good, like a few others here have said, 5 yrs is more than enough for me, im usually turning over components every year or two anyway. The buying factors for me were, Price, Modular cables, size, reviews i read before purchasing, and the fact that it was the only decent PSU the store had in stock when i went in to buy a second GPU. Anyway, before you say anything, ill just say, this thread should have been titled "Why I wouldn't buy an RM series PSU" Its just the same as I would never buy a Ford, and I could also provide plenty of information on problems and faults to support my argument, but i would never tell someone else that they shouldnt buy a Ford, it comes down to personal preference, budget, and availability i guess. Just my 2 cents.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawson67 View Post

I am from the UK and have a Corsair RM1000 and i am more than happy with it!....I bought it because it was competitively priced and has received good reviews else where...other than this thread!...Also i do not believe for one minute that the so called crappy caps will shorten it life!...And if they do i have a 5 year warranty that i feel sure that Corsair will honour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrathier View Post

Ha ha ha no really just having a bit of fun - as you say, everything have been covered, both for and against smile.gif.

If I was admin I would probably just remove the thread as being preposterous entirely.

Have a nice day, evening or whatever TZ you are in guys.

I am going to step in and say a few things after i have been trying to keep out of it.

First off some of you want to make this personal and some of the posts are rude if not downright nasty, So many of those users have been blocked as i dont feel like getting attacked because you dont like what i say

No this thread will not be locked or removed just because some dont like it, It has vaild facts and information in it, That will not change no matter how much everyone complain about it.

Also if you bought an RM and you like it good for you, But i am not that interested about that so stop going on and on forever about you dont like this thread because you need to feel good about what you bought.

Also a number of things have been misunderstood i never said the RM was overpriced in Denmark alone, I looked at shops all over the world before i started this thread and over 90% of the shops i looked at have PSU´s that are just as good or better for around the same money, So no that argument is completely pointless and a waste of everyone´s time

Last i never said it was crap that it was going to blow up or that you should never buy it at all, I said you can often if not always find better in the same price range anyone that cant understand that need to read the OP again
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveLT View Post

If you want to come in and say "OH I bought the right PSU for me" Get out. It's like going into a AMD GPU thread and saying "I bought the right GPU! It's an Intel!"

I almost agree with you there as most (not all of them) of the RM owners and some die hard Corsair fanboys cant keep a civil tone, The mods have removed lots of such posts.

I dont mind discussion but so far almost all of it has ended in verbal fistfights, I am tired of it as this thread was to inform everyone that dont know any better, But some want to take it as an insult and spam this thead with i dont like this and i dont like that and you are not allowed to say this and that and bla bla bla
Edited by shilka - 4/11/14 at 4:36am
Seravee
(27 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core I7 6850K Gigabyte X99 Ultra Gaming EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 Kingston HyperX DDR4 Savage 3000 MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Evo WD Green WD60EZRX  WD Red WD80EFZX 8TB  Seagate Ironwolf Pro 10 TB 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
LG CH12NS30 x5 Noctua NF-A14 FLX Noctua NH-D15S Windows 7 64 Bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Asus PG279Q LG 49UH750V 4K LED TV Corsair Gaming Strafe RGB EVGA SuperNova G2 750 watt 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Roccat Kone EMP Roccat Sense Metor Sennheiser HD 598 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Onkyo TX NR646  Harman Kardon HKTS 60 Dali Opticon Vokal x2 Dali Opticon 2 
AudioOtherOther
x2 Dali Opticon 1 CableMod E series PSU cable set CableMod LED Strips 
  hide details  
Reply
Seravee
(27 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core I7 6850K Gigabyte X99 Ultra Gaming EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 Kingston HyperX DDR4 Savage 3000 MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Evo WD Green WD60EZRX  WD Red WD80EFZX 8TB  Seagate Ironwolf Pro 10 TB 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
LG CH12NS30 x5 Noctua NF-A14 FLX Noctua NH-D15S Windows 7 64 Bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Asus PG279Q LG 49UH750V 4K LED TV Corsair Gaming Strafe RGB EVGA SuperNova G2 750 watt 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Roccat Kone EMP Roccat Sense Metor Sennheiser HD 598 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Onkyo TX NR646  Harman Kardon HKTS 60 Dali Opticon Vokal x2 Dali Opticon 2 
AudioOtherOther
x2 Dali Opticon 1 CableMod E series PSU cable set CableMod LED Strips 
  hide details  
Reply
post #310 of 649
Quote:
Originally Posted by shilka View Post


I am going to step in and say a few things after i have been trying to keep out of it.

No this thread will not be locked or removed just because some dont like it, It has vaild facts and information in it, That will not change no matter how much everyone complain about it.

Also if you bought an RM and you like it good for you, But i really dont care about that so stop going on and on forever about you dont like this thread because you need to feel good about what you bought

Fair point
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Power Supplies
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Power Supplies › Why you might not want to buy a Corsair RM PSU