Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › 7950 Crossfire prices?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

7950 Crossfire prices? - Page 2

post #11 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeDsh0t View Post

I might do that, I thought they were both highly priced. Just saw a 7950 twin frozer go for 440.... are you kidding me? These crypto currencies dont get you that much after electricity

That's not true at all. My friend invested $4k in start up hardware a few weeks ago when Litecoins were around $35-42 each and was made back his investment plus some in 3 weeks. He's running about 10 GPUs 24/7 mining separate coins keeping up with the flavor of the month coin and is doing quite well on his returns. You also have to remember that most of these people who are willing to pay so much for these cards are also probably people who have mining for quite some time and probably had a decent stock of the coins to offload. I know that over in the litecoin thread there's a few people who have made thousands of dollars due to the fact that they have been mining coins for years without mass selling them as soon as they come in. I honestly don't think that the coin bubble is going anywhere anytime soon, it's just changing what coin is the flavor of the month is all.
post #12 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiromar View Post

That's not true at all. My friend invested $4k in start up hardware a few weeks ago when Litecoins were around $35-42 each and was made back his investment plus some in 3 weeks. He's running about 10 GPUs 24/7 mining separate coins keeping up with the flavor of the month coin and is doing quite well on his returns. You also have to remember that most of these people who are willing to pay so much for these cards are also probably people who have mining for quite some time and probably had a decent stock of the coins to offload. I know that over in the litecoin thread there's a few people who have made thousands of dollars due to the fact that they have been mining coins for years without mass selling them as soon as they come in. I honestly don't think that the coin bubble is going anywhere anytime soon, it's just changing what coin is the flavor of the month is all.

I painfully agree. I have about 2 LTC saved in a wallet that I mined with my single 7950...took a while. I mean, I can't blame them, it just sucks that cards are being bought for non-graphical purposes and drives up the cost for people like me. Ill probably pick up a 7970, I cn get one for 350 or so, maybe 400, which is the same price as 7950's go for, or less.
post #13 of 15
Less indeed. My Saphh 3GB 3L is going for $449 on the Egg.
I got it for $210 before the miner craze.
BTC going to 1k made a whole nation of crazies. It's like the Bakken Range for computers.
And I'm just sitting here playing BF4 on Ultra @ 60fps...(yeah 1600x900)
Blue Fury
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD A8 6600k asus Sapphire 290X Tri-OCX 4GB 2x4 (8)GB G-Skill Ripjaws 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZVertex3 60GB Seagate 1TB WD 500GB Samsung 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung Evo 850 ASUS DVDRW24x Corsair H100 W10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
55" 4k Hisense Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 Corsair CX750 AzzA Hurrican 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Deathadder 3500 Diablo3 RoS LE onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
Blue Fury
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD A8 6600k asus Sapphire 290X Tri-OCX 4GB 2x4 (8)GB G-Skill Ripjaws 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZVertex3 60GB Seagate 1TB WD 500GB Samsung 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung Evo 850 ASUS DVDRW24x Corsair H100 W10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
55" 4k Hisense Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 Corsair CX750 AzzA Hurrican 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Deathadder 3500 Diablo3 RoS LE onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixuz View Post

Less indeed. My Saphh 3GB 3L is going for $449 on the Egg.
I got it for $210 before the miner craze.
BTC going to 1k made a whole nation of crazies. It's like the Bakken Range for computers.
And I'm just sitting here playing BF4 on Ultra @ 60fps...(yeah 1600x900)


Lmao I just put my card up on eBay for a buy it now of 440, starting 350. Hopefully I get a bite.
post #15 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeDsh0t View Post

Lmao I just put my card up on eBay for a buy it now of 440, starting 350. Hopefully I get a bite.

I dunno. I don't really see anything from the Green Team that outclasses the 7950 when you OC to 1150/1500.
The 780TI's are going for $700 on Newegg.
Even the 770's are only about on par with the 7950 OC'd. And they are around $400.
And to be fair, I'm not really seeing 7970's cheaper than 7950's.
I might be looking in the wrong places.
Edited by Nixuz - 1/7/14 at 7:55pm
Blue Fury
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD A8 6600k asus Sapphire 290X Tri-OCX 4GB 2x4 (8)GB G-Skill Ripjaws 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZVertex3 60GB Seagate 1TB WD 500GB Samsung 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung Evo 850 ASUS DVDRW24x Corsair H100 W10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
55" 4k Hisense Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 Corsair CX750 AzzA Hurrican 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Deathadder 3500 Diablo3 RoS LE onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
Blue Fury
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD A8 6600k asus Sapphire 290X Tri-OCX 4GB 2x4 (8)GB G-Skill Ripjaws 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZVertex3 60GB Seagate 1TB WD 500GB Samsung 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung Evo 850 ASUS DVDRW24x Corsair H100 W10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
55" 4k Hisense Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 Corsair CX750 AzzA Hurrican 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Deathadder 3500 Diablo3 RoS LE onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD/ATI
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › 7950 Crossfire prices?