Originally Posted by OCPG
1) If I order with 750 Ti, will it be an easy swap out to upgrade down the line, just plug and play? I plan to install the high end Maxwell once it's released. P.S. It's been years since I built my own PC.
2) Maxwell looks like it will reduce power consumption so I was considering going 500w PSU. Is 700w louder? Would 700w head room be more stable/last longer?
3) Can you explain more about HydroLux? Without it is there still manual fan control? Will it make things quieter or easier to keep OC'ing temps down?
1) You might have to route the other 6-pin cable if you upgrade due to the 750 Ti only having one 6-pin connector. Swapping out the actual card is very easy to do! If you do plan on adding a differnt card in the future, just leave a comment in the special notes to route both of the power cables up there so you can upgrade easier later on.
2) 700w is roughly 2-6 dB louder, it's not really noticeable over the CPU + GPU fans when you put it under that load anyways. The 700W is just more for headroom like the 290X which draws 300W's of power or for anything NVIDIA or AMD decides to release that is balls to walls insane.
This does is a pretty good job at explaining it.
Without Hydrolux, the only way to control fans is to do it through motherboard software if the board you choose supports it or by adding resistors. It will help the OC in terms of speeding up the fans when needed and turning it down when not.