Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Technology and Science News › [CHW] Mantle in BF4 up to 45% more performance
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[CHW] Mantle in BF4 up to 45% more performance - Page 34  

post #331 of 365
Knuckle just on a rager in the two AMD related threads!
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5820K AsRock Extreme6 X99 Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti Windforce OC 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - HDD Speed Edtition Samsung SM951 512 GB - I still hate Samsung!  Noctua NHD14 Windows 10 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Achieva Shimian QH270-Lite Overlord Computer Tempest X27OC  Acer Predator XB270HU Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic X-1250 Fractal Design R5 Razer Naga Razer Goliathus Alpha 
AudioAudio
AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition Creative Sound Blaster Zx 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5820K AsRock Extreme6 X99 Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti Windforce OC 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - HDD Speed Edtition Samsung SM951 512 GB - I still hate Samsung!  Noctua NHD14 Windows 10 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Achieva Shimian QH270-Lite Overlord Computer Tempest X27OC  Acer Predator XB270HU Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic X-1250 Fractal Design R5 Razer Naga Razer Goliathus Alpha 
AudioAudio
AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition Creative Sound Blaster Zx 
  hide details  
post #332 of 365
Why so many hurt feelings in this thread?
SBD:
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770k Gigabyte ga-z77x-up4 tb EVGA GTX 980 SC 32GB G.SKILL Trident X F3-1600C7Q-32GTX  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD Western Digtal 2TB RE4 Plextor 24x DL Burner ThermalTake Water 2.0 Extreme 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit Acer XB270HU 2560x1440, IPS-type panel, 144hz, ... EIZO FG2421 1920x1080 VA 120Hz QuickFire Cherry Blue 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Lepa G1000 1kw Corsair 550D Logitech G400 Roccat Taito 
AudioAudio
Xonar Essence ST Niles SI-275 Amplifier 
  hide details  
SBD:
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770k Gigabyte ga-z77x-up4 tb EVGA GTX 980 SC 32GB G.SKILL Trident X F3-1600C7Q-32GTX  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD Western Digtal 2TB RE4 Plextor 24x DL Burner ThermalTake Water 2.0 Extreme 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit Acer XB270HU 2560x1440, IPS-type panel, 144hz, ... EIZO FG2421 1920x1080 VA 120Hz QuickFire Cherry Blue 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Lepa G1000 1kw Corsair 550D Logitech G400 Roccat Taito 
AudioAudio
Xonar Essence ST Niles SI-275 Amplifier 
  hide details  
post #333 of 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay Puft View Post

Personally i think the 45% number is BS. I'm thinking 8-10% real world gains over directX.
More than 4% is confirmed but in games that would be cpu limited on DX it may actually do a lot and then there is also the extra gpu performance.


Knucklehead47 getting all mad just because he has a reading comprehension.
"up to" but I can give you my guesstimate which is 15/20% and if the cpu is a really big bottleneck supposedly more.
Edited by maarten12100 - 1/10/14 at 9:39pm
post #334 of 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by PostalTwinkie View Post

???



It is a VERY brief demo that starts at 31:00 and goes for a whole ~2 minutes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maarten12100 View Post

Thanks I'm watching now

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND trueaudio part

wow never had an amd gpu before, for 10 years. But My next duel cards, could be AMD , I think they will blow away nvidia in 2 years. Interesting.
post #335 of 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durquavian View Post

Ok I will do it like this:

FIRST BOLDED: Nothing about either of these Free-sync nor Mantle is deceptive. Fact is the words UP TO say just that, up to. Not that it is 45% across the board no matter what you use. You cant argue 45% and leave out the up to. There are a lot of reviews, articles, advertisements, and the like that do it like this. There is nothing wrong with it. You have the right to want more specifics but to condemn because they use the words "up to", well speaks to some issues you have.

SECOND, THIRD and FOURTH BOLDED: Ok look at your tone here. Ill make it easy:
see the anger and tone carried here. Now how would you respond to that? It isn't the tone for a rational argument. Come on man you are just a bit older than me yet you act like a spoiled brat, you should know better. It is ok for you to have opinions and issues based on your own experience and I gather you have little with the AMD front. I don't give opinions on Nvidia driver issues simply because I don't have experience with them and I generally don't hound them for it.

Everything is a choice. You and a certain other poster have felt the need to come into AMD threads and Bash AMD at every chance you can get. When others call you out on it you claim no affinity for any brand but then you end with this:
So that begs the question: Why come into threads of products that have no interest as a purchase for you?

Don't waste your time man. Everyone else has tried the common sense route with him...no one has succeeded. Just let him bash and don't acknowledge it, maybe he will just go away.
Home PC
(12 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 - 4770k MSI Z87 Mpower Max AMD R9 290x G.Skill Trident X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate Desktop HDD 4TB 3.5" 5900RPM Seagate Desktop HDD 4TB 3.5" 5900RPM LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer NZXT Kraken x60 
MonitorPower
Asus PB278Q 27.0" Monitor Rosewill Capstone 750 modular 
  hide details  
Home PC
(12 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 - 4770k MSI Z87 Mpower Max AMD R9 290x G.Skill Trident X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate Desktop HDD 4TB 3.5" 5900RPM Seagate Desktop HDD 4TB 3.5" 5900RPM LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer NZXT Kraken x60 
MonitorPower
Asus PB278Q 27.0" Monitor Rosewill Capstone 750 modular 
  hide details  
post #336 of 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mygaffer View Post

Why so many hurt feelings in this thread?
just relax enjoy the popcorn session biggrin.gif
Gaming Rig
(10 items)
 
Work/Web Rig
(11 items)
 
Web Rig
(8 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @4GHz stock volt OC Asus P8Z77-V LK Palit GTX 750Ti StormX Dual Corsair Vengence 1600MHz_CL8 4GBx4 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Seagate 80GB 7200rpm Maxtor 250GB 7200rpm Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorCase
BenQ XL2720z @ 1920x1080 144Hz Silverstone Ps06 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Quad Q9650 Gigabyte EP41-UD3L Asus 1GB Radeon 7790 DirectCU OC Corsair Gaming Ram 2GBx2 DDR2-800 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 80GB 7200rpm Western Digital 200GB 7200rpm Cooler Master Hyper TX3 Windows 7 pro 
MonitorPowerCase
Samsung 226bw 1680x1050 Acbel iPower 510w (450w PSU) LianLi PS05 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD E350 MSI E350IA-E45 AMD Radeon 6310 4GB Kingston DDR3 1333 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Western Digital 80GB Linux Slackware 14.1 Samsung 22" 1680x1050 LCD Acbel 300w PSU 
  hide details  
Gaming Rig
(10 items)
 
Work/Web Rig
(11 items)
 
Web Rig
(8 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @4GHz stock volt OC Asus P8Z77-V LK Palit GTX 750Ti StormX Dual Corsair Vengence 1600MHz_CL8 4GBx4 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Seagate 80GB 7200rpm Maxtor 250GB 7200rpm Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorCase
BenQ XL2720z @ 1920x1080 144Hz Silverstone Ps06 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Quad Q9650 Gigabyte EP41-UD3L Asus 1GB Radeon 7790 DirectCU OC Corsair Gaming Ram 2GBx2 DDR2-800 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 80GB 7200rpm Western Digital 200GB 7200rpm Cooler Master Hyper TX3 Windows 7 pro 
MonitorPowerCase
Samsung 226bw 1680x1050 Acbel iPower 510w (450w PSU) LianLi PS05 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD E350 MSI E350IA-E45 AMD Radeon 6310 4GB Kingston DDR3 1333 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Western Digital 80GB Linux Slackware 14.1 Samsung 22" 1680x1050 LCD Acbel 300w PSU 
  hide details  
post #337 of 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seallone View Post


wow never had an amd gpu before, for 10 years. But My next duel cards, could be AMD , I think they will blow away nvidia in 2 years. Interesting.
that video shows nothing really. where is the graphic setting? what are the spec for hardware they are using for bf4 demo?

I don't think mantle provide %45 performance boost in bf4. i am not being fanboy here i been using amd graphic card for 10 years. The reason i am saying this because Amd does not have good software programmer look at the driver the released, fill with bug,glitch takes age to fix them.
My System
(1 item)
 
  
CPU
asus laptop 
  hide details  
My System
(1 item)
 
  
CPU
asus laptop 
  hide details  
post #338 of 365
Maybe because .net and in general windows is a buggy hell...Both nviidia and amd cant deal wiith lot of bugs because sometimes you cantdeal wtih them. ANd calling them bad when you have no idea how tough is to fix bugs for so many different rigs with a diffiicult os its kinda stupid
Workstation
(4 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsMonitor
Xeon E5-2690 Supermicro 2011 Nvidia GP100/ Vega FE Dell ultrasharp 4k 
  hide details  
Workstation
(4 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsMonitor
Xeon E5-2690 Supermicro 2011 Nvidia GP100/ Vega FE Dell ultrasharp 4k 
  hide details  
post #339 of 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmario View Post

that video shows nothing really. where is the graphic setting? what are the spec for hardware they are using for bf4 demo?

I don't think mantle provide %45 performance boost in bf4. i am not being fanboy here i been using amd graphic card for 10 years. The reason i am saying this because Amd does not have good software programmer look at the driver the released, fill with bug,glitch takes age to fix them.
It is up to 45% not 45% average so expect max 15/20% on a 270x.

AMD's drivers are on par with Nvidia's and lately they have been a tad better than Nvidia's. It used to be crap for the last couple of years but now they have Raja leading their graphics team again and he is doing good work.
post #340 of 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmario View Post

that video shows nothing really. where is the graphic setting? what are the spec for hardware they are using for bf4 demo?

Exactly. For all we know it is running on a pair of R9 290X's and because AMD's crappy driver that they haven't bothered to fix in 9 months for DirectX9 (or multiple monitors or single monitors above 2560x1600 on a single monitor in ANY DirectX version) that could account for a large portion of the gain.

Conspiracy Theory on:

Refuse to fix your video driver for DirectX, introduce Mantle, compare the broke driver on DirectX with your new technology, and drive people to your new standard.

Not exactly a fair comparison.

Conspiracy Theory off:
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Technology and Science News
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Technology and Science News › [CHW] Mantle in BF4 up to 45% more performance