Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › R9 290/290x Price Drop Predictions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

R9 290/290x Price Drop Predictions - Page 54

post #531 of 619
Yes, all 290/X are Overpriced. Ok, thanks.
post #532 of 619
Prices did drop can get a 290 for $450 on Ebay thumb.gif
Z'Gok
(14 items)
 
Lord Lycan
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6700 @ 3.2GHz GIGABYTE EP45-UD3L Sapphire 5770 Juniper XT G.Skill 2x2gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Western Digital 160GB Hitachi 250 GB Barracuda 1TB Sony Optiarc 24X Windows 7 Ultimate Acer H203H 
PowerCase
Silencer 750 Cooler Master Storm Scout 
  hide details  
Reply
Z'Gok
(14 items)
 
Lord Lycan
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6700 @ 3.2GHz GIGABYTE EP45-UD3L Sapphire 5770 Juniper XT G.Skill 2x2gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Western Digital 160GB Hitachi 250 GB Barracuda 1TB Sony Optiarc 24X Windows 7 Ultimate Acer H203H 
PowerCase
Silencer 750 Cooler Master Storm Scout 
  hide details  
Reply
post #533 of 619
I just ordered 2 VisionTek CryoVenom R9 290 for my water cooled system at $600 each.
They tune it for water cooling so it's up to 20% faster. It's faster than Air Cooled R9 290x.
1 year warranty.
Edited by WarDad - 3/19/14 at 9:39pm
PappyBogus
(0 items)
  
Reply
PappyBogus
(0 items)
  
Reply
post #534 of 619
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bal3Wolf View Post

(Re: GPU price drop due to ASIC adoption) ...and it could never happen it took years for them to come out for btc and its harder with ltc type coins cause of the highspeed memory needed and lots of it not to mention they will be even higher then btc asic cause of extra requirements.
Good tech assessment.

IMHO, The biggest kick in the teeth for GPUs may come from a surprising source, like AMD or NVIDEA. How hard would it be to optimize for mining? Instead of a GPU ASIC that also lends compute power, why not turn it around to a Mining ASIC that also GPUs?

I did a quick ASIC survey and added some opinions.

Alpha Tech
This device can perform proof-of-work (hashing) for all Scrypt based coins.
Price: £5450 Shipment will be extra, may be responsible for paying local import duty and taxes.
~ $9k USD for 25MH unit, smaller 5MH unit is 1/4 that.
2.22 kH per $, 50kH per Watt, <=500W.
Warranty: 6 months after shipment.
Summary: Great kH/W, Fair kH/$, Poor warranty. Will it run long enough to realize electric savings?

CyptoIndustries
Development updates. Looks like 2015. No word on performance/costs/preorder.

Scrypt ASIC International - Probable Scam

SluiceBit
The Worlds First FPGA Litecoin Miners
SluiceBit II - 2 Megahashes @ 100 Watts MSRP $2500
SluiceBit IV - 4 Megahashes @ 115 Watts MSRP $4500
DEVELOPMENT COMPLETION TARGET MARCH 2014
$100 deposit for place in queue. Many forum posters claim SCAM.
2MH unit: 0.8kH/$, 20kH/W, 4MH unit 0.88kh/$, 34.7kH/W
Summary: Good kH/W, Poor kH/$, No warranty info. Will it run long enough to realize electric savings?

Litecoin GEAR
Early FPGA miners. GPUs have similar performance, and can be re-purposed.

Compare to GPUS:

AMD HD 7850
300kH @ 100W $100 refurbished
3kH/$, 3kH/W, 1 year warranty Void for mining or Folding. Can overheat.
Summary: Poor kH/W, Great kH/$, Add in PC system costs, no mining warranty

AMD R9 290 (estimates)
1000kH @ 300W $500
2kH/$, 3.3kH/W, ~ typical 1 year warranty, Mining might void warranty
Summary: Poor kH/W, Good kH/$, Better use of added system costs.
Runs hot and needs cooling help and/or under voltage setting.
Edited by WarDad - 3/19/14 at 10:40pm
PappyBogus
(0 items)
  
Reply
PappyBogus
(0 items)
  
Reply
post #535 of 619
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarDad View Post

Good tech assessment.

I did a quick ASIC survey and added some opinions.

Alpha Tech
This device can perform proof-of-work (hashing) for all Scrypt based coins.
Price: £5450 Shipment will be extra, may be responsible for paying local import duty and taxes.
~ $9k USD for 25MH unit, smaller 5MH unit is 1/4 that.
2.22 kH per $, 50kH per Watt, <=500W.
Warranty: 6 months after shipment.
Summary: Great kH/W, Fair kH/$, Poor warranty. Will it run long enough to realize electric savings?

CyptoIndustries
Development updates. Looks like 2015. No word on performance/costs/preorder.

Scrypt ASIC International - Probable Scam

SluiceBit
The Worlds First FPGA Litecoin Miners
SluiceBit II - 2 Megahashes @ 100 Watts MSRP $2500
SluiceBit IV - 4 Megahashes @ 115 Watts MSRP $4500
DEVELOPMENT COMPLETION TARGET MARCH 2014
$100 deposit for place in queue. Many forum posters claim SCAM.
2MH unit: 0.8kH/$, 20kH/W, 4MH unit 0.88kh/$, 34.7kH/W
Summary: Good kH/W, Poor kH/$, No warranty info. Will it run long enough to realize electric savings?

Litecoin GEAR
Early FPGA miners. GPUs have similar performance, and can be re-purposed.

Compare to GPUS:

AMD HD 7850
300kH @ 100W $100 refurbished
3kH/$, 3kH/W, 1 year warranty Void for mining or Folding. Can overheat.
Summary: Poor kH/W, Great kH/$, Add in PC system costs, no mining warranty

AMD R9 290 (estimates)
1000kH @ 300W $500
2kH/$, 3.3kH/W, ~ typical 1 year warranty, Mining might void warranty
Summary: Poor kH/W, Good kH/$, Better use of added system costs.
Runs hot and needs cooling help and/or under voltage setting.
https://www.kncminer.com/categories/litecoin-mining-hardware
$10,000
100mh/s

KnC has delivered in the past.


Also, mining doesn't void warranty on cards. There is nothing that says you can't use a GPU 24/7 under "recommended temperatures/voltages". If the hardware fails under terms of warranty it is the manufacturers responsibility to give you a new card or fix the damaged one, and/or of course blame you for their own cheap components failing xD
  
Reply
  
Reply
post #536 of 619
Quote:
Originally Posted by INCREDIBLEHULK View Post

https://www.kncminer.com/categories/litecoin-mining-hardware
$10,000
100mh/s

KnC has delivered in the past.


Also, mining doesn't void warranty on cards. There is nothing that says you can't use a GPU 24/7 under "recommended temperatures/voltages". If the hardware fails under terms of warranty it is the manufacturers responsibility to give you a new card or fix the damaged one, and/or of course blame you for their own cheap components failing xD

Read VisionTek warranty. ."..NOT APPLY... ...◾If the graphics card is not used for its specifically designed purpose of graphical processing and visual output to a display or multiple displays. Most common applications include gaming, multi-media play-back, video production & editing, and output to display or multiple displays."

Good lead on KnC. It is a preorder with no tech details or warranty details.
100 MH/s, $10k, I guestimate 1200W.
10 kH/$, ~ 8.3kH/W
Excellent kH/$, Good kH/W

Mining ASICs Technologies B.V. (just found them)
Various sizes. Preorders on FPGA miners. No warranty details.
kH/$ ranges from GPU like to KnC.
Top unit is ~ 13kH/$ and 3x 1000W supplies.
VAT, import/export duties not included.
PappyBogus
(0 items)
  
Reply
PappyBogus
(0 items)
  
Reply
post #537 of 619
Mining is graphical processing though!
post #538 of 619
I see 290's for $450 on Newegg and PCS 290x is $580 drop moarrrrr thumb.gif
Edited by King Lycan - 3/21/14 at 10:40am
Z'Gok
(14 items)
 
Lord Lycan
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6700 @ 3.2GHz GIGABYTE EP45-UD3L Sapphire 5770 Juniper XT G.Skill 2x2gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Western Digital 160GB Hitachi 250 GB Barracuda 1TB Sony Optiarc 24X Windows 7 Ultimate Acer H203H 
PowerCase
Silencer 750 Cooler Master Storm Scout 
  hide details  
Reply
Z'Gok
(14 items)
 
Lord Lycan
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6700 @ 3.2GHz GIGABYTE EP45-UD3L Sapphire 5770 Juniper XT G.Skill 2x2gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Western Digital 160GB Hitachi 250 GB Barracuda 1TB Sony Optiarc 24X Windows 7 Ultimate Acer H203H 
PowerCase
Silencer 750 Cooler Master Storm Scout 
  hide details  
Reply
post #539 of 619
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post

I see 290's for $450 on Newegg and PCS 290x is $580 drop moarrrrr:thumb:

I picked up a PCS+ to watercool, sold the ASUS 290x dcu2 to a friend who is a ASUS fan, and it came with BF4 all for $580... Considering MSRP for ref 290x is $550, I'd say it is at its MSRP. With BF4, if sold, it drops below.

And according to EK, reference-design GPU blocks fit on the PCS+, so win-win.
Black Sunshine
(14 items)
 
Trinity
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
AMD A10-5800k MSI FM2-A75IA-E53 Corsair Vengeance 1866mhz DDR3 Seagate Barracuda 2TB 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG DVD Burner DLF-91D Windows 2008 R2 40" Samsung LED HDTV 
KeyboardCaseAudio
Logitech K400 CoolerMaster Elite 120 Sony Home Theatre 5.1 System 
  hide details  
Reply
Black Sunshine
(14 items)
 
Trinity
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
AMD A10-5800k MSI FM2-A75IA-E53 Corsair Vengeance 1866mhz DDR3 Seagate Barracuda 2TB 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG DVD Burner DLF-91D Windows 2008 R2 40" Samsung LED HDTV 
KeyboardCaseAudio
Logitech K400 CoolerMaster Elite 120 Sony Home Theatre 5.1 System 
  hide details  
Reply
post #540 of 619
Quote:
Originally Posted by geggeg View Post

Mining is graphical processing though!

come on... thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif
Black Sunshine
(14 items)
 
Trinity
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
AMD A10-5800k MSI FM2-A75IA-E53 Corsair Vengeance 1866mhz DDR3 Seagate Barracuda 2TB 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG DVD Burner DLF-91D Windows 2008 R2 40" Samsung LED HDTV 
KeyboardCaseAudio
Logitech K400 CoolerMaster Elite 120 Sony Home Theatre 5.1 System 
  hide details  
Reply
Black Sunshine
(14 items)
 
Trinity
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
AMD A10-5800k MSI FM2-A75IA-E53 Corsair Vengeance 1866mhz DDR3 Seagate Barracuda 2TB 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG DVD Burner DLF-91D Windows 2008 R2 40" Samsung LED HDTV 
KeyboardCaseAudio
Logitech K400 CoolerMaster Elite 120 Sony Home Theatre 5.1 System 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD/ATI
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › R9 290/290x Price Drop Predictions