Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [DS] Titanfall Dev Gives Lots of Details on 6 vs 6 Player Count: “a TON of Debate” About it at Respawn
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[DS] Titanfall Dev Gives Lots of Details on 6 vs 6 Player Count: “a TON of Debate” About it at Respawn - Page 18

post #171 of 215
I'll wait for reviews but no 64 multiplayer does not bode well IMO, at least 32 player would be acceptable for such a title.
post #172 of 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbiker033 View Post

it's ok man, no offense taken. just from watching the videos, quickly the hit markers and even the font used for the point numbers is identical to COD. not that that in any way means a whole lot but I noticed it within the first few seconds of watching their E3 trailers.

Wow really? Kinda sad that you can't see past hit markers and text font. Even if they used the exact same thing who cares? These guys INVENTED CoD after all. If the text and some simple UI things are similar it isn't the end of the world.

Also besides the fear of not having dedicated player owned servers that video didn't touch on much other than long winded personal opinion. He mainly complains about how CoD starts to get terrible after MW2 yet the developers at Respawn left during MW2s development so I don't understand how Respawn is responsible for CoD games besides 1, 2, 4, and half of MW2.
RED Raven
(24 items)
 
Sonic Screwdriver
(11 items)
 
N+1
(9 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670k Asus Maximus Hero EVGA 980 G.Skill Ripjaws X 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill Ripjaws X WD Blue Samsung 840 Evo Samsung 840 Evo 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD Black WD Blue H80i w/ SP120 x2 Windows 8.1 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Achieva Shimian 27" Ducky Shine 3 TKL reds AX860i Silverstone RV02 EW 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
G700 Ripper XXL Yamaha RX-V373 Receiver Polk Monitor 30 Bookshelfs 
AudioAudioAudioOther
Polk CS1 Center Speaker Polk PSW10 Subwoofer DT 990 PRO 250 ohm Lian Li BZ-502B w/ Coolermaster SickleFlow 120 Red 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4670k ASrock z87 750 TI SC G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
250 GB Samsung Evo 1TB WD Black H220 Win 8.1 
MonitorPowerCase
55" Samsung LED Silverstone 450w SSF Ncase M1 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
A10 6800k GA-F2A88XN-WIF Onboard G.Skill Ares 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
840 Evo H60 Win 8.1 Silverstone ST45SF 
Case
Rosewill Legacy U3 
  hide details  
Reply
RED Raven
(24 items)
 
Sonic Screwdriver
(11 items)
 
N+1
(9 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670k Asus Maximus Hero EVGA 980 G.Skill Ripjaws X 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill Ripjaws X WD Blue Samsung 840 Evo Samsung 840 Evo 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD Black WD Blue H80i w/ SP120 x2 Windows 8.1 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Achieva Shimian 27" Ducky Shine 3 TKL reds AX860i Silverstone RV02 EW 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
G700 Ripper XXL Yamaha RX-V373 Receiver Polk Monitor 30 Bookshelfs 
AudioAudioAudioOther
Polk CS1 Center Speaker Polk PSW10 Subwoofer DT 990 PRO 250 ohm Lian Li BZ-502B w/ Coolermaster SickleFlow 120 Red 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4670k ASrock z87 750 TI SC G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
250 GB Samsung Evo 1TB WD Black H220 Win 8.1 
MonitorPowerCase
55" Samsung LED Silverstone 450w SSF Ncase M1 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
A10 6800k GA-F2A88XN-WIF Onboard G.Skill Ares 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
840 Evo H60 Win 8.1 Silverstone ST45SF 
Case
Rosewill Legacy U3 
  hide details  
Reply
post #173 of 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJR1775 View Post

I'll wait for reviews but no 64 multiplayer does not bode well IMO, at least 32 player would be acceptable for such a title.

Isn't there a mech for each player? That would be complete hell if there were 64 players and 64 mechs. Probably just as bad if there were 32 players and 32 mechs.
post #174 of 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by theturbofd View Post

Isn't there a mech for each player? That would be complete hell if there were 64 players and 64 mechs. Probably just as bad if there were 32 players and 32 mechs.

Is there a heavy vehicle for each player in large mulitplayer games? Of course this would be balanced out and not every player would deploy a titan. Just my view on how such a game would be deployed.

I'll wait for reviews since it's not etched in stone as far what exactly we're getting. With games like BF4 you pretty much knew what you were getting but TitanFall seems like one of those I'll wait for reviews on.
post #175 of 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artikbot View Post

Calling names, are we now?

The competitive FPS genre, just like the simulator racing genre, isn't made to chill after a day of work... They are an intense genre, and the sole purpose of the match or the race is winning. Everyone has a different definition of winning in a specific scenario. For you it might be ending up higher in the ranking that your friend, or scoring that long range headshot against that guy. For me it might just be beat my own laptime, even though I ended up down in the scoreboard, or blowing up that base with a C4 even though the hopes of capturing it were lost.

You HAVE objectives that you need to achieve in order to, in your words, 'have fun'. Else you'll get bored of the match, some people even get pissed. Winning a match usually leads to keep playing, losing one, look in the opposing team scoreboard, leads to the majority of that team leaving the game. Guess what, they weren't having fun.

Nobody plays 'for teh lulz' or to 'kill time'. That's shenanigans. If I want to relax I play Animal Crossing and shape my urban forests, not go kill some baddies on Planetside, or try to beat my time around the Nords tongue.gif
I'm just defending my point why 6 vs 6 is better than larger matches if the maps and the characters are tailored around that. You missed the point.

Where did I call names? I said you call people names. tongue.gif

And you really need to relax. smile.gif

Like I said in my previous post, what's with the "I don't want it so others shouldn't have it" mentality of yours?

There's no reason for the devs to limit the game to 6vs6. Just make most of the maps for 6vs6 for those who want competitive play or a more team focused and serious game, and make a few maps for 12vs12 or 24vs24 for the players who want bigger fights or have less responsibility about carrying the game.

No need for overkill, hyperboles or subtle insults by telling me to go play "Animal crossings", because that is too boring. I need something to pump adrenaline into my blood, but not something that will frustrate me. You mentioned Planetside 2, and that's a perfect example of that! You can join big fights and zerg where you can relax and try to aim at noobs, or join smaller fights where skill counts a lot more. Non-competitive FPS/RTS/Moba are just for that.

Just look at CS. There are competitive servers, and normal casual servers. Same for LoL. There are normal games, and then there are ranked games. No reason why you can't have both. Just because you want serious play doesn't mean everyone else does and that those who don't should piss off and play some lame game that's more boring than relaxing.

At least have the decency of recommending a relaxing game that's actually good. Like Anno 1602. tongue.gif
Lala
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-750 @ 3.00GHz Intel DP55WB Sapphire HD 5870 @ 950/1200 1.212V Kingston 2x2GB DDR3 1333.3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
1TB WD Black, 1TB WD Green Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit Samsung P2370H Thermaltake ToughPower 750W 
Case
Thermaltake M9 Black 
  hide details  
Reply
Lala
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-750 @ 3.00GHz Intel DP55WB Sapphire HD 5870 @ 950/1200 1.212V Kingston 2x2GB DDR3 1333.3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
1TB WD Black, 1TB WD Green Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit Samsung P2370H Thermaltake ToughPower 750W 
Case
Thermaltake M9 Black 
  hide details  
Reply
post #176 of 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by __Pat__ View Post

There's no reason for the devs to limit the game to 6vs6. Just make most of the maps for 6vs6 for those who want competitive play or a more team focused and serious game, and make a few maps for 12vs12 or 24vs24 for the players who want bigger fights or have less responsibility about carrying the game.

Just look at CS. There are competitive servers, and normal casual servers. Same for LoL. There are normal games, and then there are ranked games. No reason why you can't have both. Just because you want serious play doesn't mean everyone else does and that those who don't should piss off and play some lame game that's more boring than relaxing.

At least have the decency of recommending a relaxing game that's actually good. Like Anno 1602. tongue.gif


Pat, this is a game that you clearly haven't played and in my opinion, you also haven't educated yourself on the game, itself or the this wonderful diatribe of inaccuracy wouldn't exist.

There is a reason THIS game is limited to 6v6. It's because an intuitive AI with difficulty scaling exists based on performance within the game itself.

You're a programmer. Imagine how much code that AI facilitates. Okay, now imagine the sheer volume of performance is necessary to run that AI and/or run the game in a successful manner. Okay, now, why are we still having this discussion?

Including your mech, this is actually a 12v12 scenario. Sometimes it's a 6v7, sometimes a 5v10, sometimes a 10v12...It is what it is.

I've been playing this game since day 1 and it's quite obvious none of you have even watched the footage of the game. It's faster than CoD, it's faster than BF, it's a very FAST game with mechs. You don't want more than 6 people on that map.

Again, I quote the same article I quoted and put up here, yesterday.

Source
Quote:
It’s important to remember that most of the people complaining about the "small" size of Titanfall's 6-on-6 player count have never played the game, and many are suffering from a lack of understanding of what Titanfall is and what it’s trying to do.
post #177 of 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archngamin View Post

Wow really? Kinda sad that you can't see past hit markers and text font. Even if they used the exact same thing who cares? These guys INVENTED CoD after all. If the text and some simple UI things are similar it isn't the end of the world.

Also besides the fear of not having dedicated player owned servers that video didn't touch on much other than long winded personal opinion. He mainly complains about how CoD starts to get terrible after MW2 yet the developers at Respawn left during MW2s development so I don't understand how Respawn is responsible for CoD games besides 1, 2, 4, and half of MW2.

The hit markers and font I noticed like in the first few seconds of watching, it's not in anyway indicative of the full product but was something I just noticed really quickly. I view this all from pc gamers perspective and due to the trends in the gaming industry over the last few years, skepticism is warranted.

What is sad is they are responsible in part for the trends in stripping away features and options that were common for pc games.

I will grant you that I will be open to watching reviews and gameplay videos from those I deem trustworthy as this game progresses in it's development.
Easy V3
(17 items)
 
12 Pack
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4820k Asus Rampage IV BE evga 1080ti FE w/ hybrid kit 16 GB G.Skill Trident X 2400mhz  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 EVO 120gb Samsung 840 EVO 1TB Samsung Blu-ray Corsair H110 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
windows 10 Asus PG278Q Ducky Shine 3 - blue led - cherry mx browns Seasonic Platinum-1000 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Dimastech Easy V3 Mionix NAOS 8200 Mionix Ensis 320 titanium HD  
Other
audio technica ATH-A900X 
  hide details  
Reply
Easy V3
(17 items)
 
12 Pack
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4820k Asus Rampage IV BE evga 1080ti FE w/ hybrid kit 16 GB G.Skill Trident X 2400mhz  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 EVO 120gb Samsung 840 EVO 1TB Samsung Blu-ray Corsair H110 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
windows 10 Asus PG278Q Ducky Shine 3 - blue led - cherry mx browns Seasonic Platinum-1000 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Dimastech Easy V3 Mionix NAOS 8200 Mionix Ensis 320 titanium HD  
Other
audio technica ATH-A900X 
  hide details  
Reply
post #178 of 215
After watching nearly every gameplay video of Titanfall out there I've come to accept the 6v6. It's just fine. Perhaps on much larger maps (probably not coming due to Source limitations) more players would work well.
Gaming Rig
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500k, 4.6GHz, 1.304v ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 2x Sapphire HD7970 OC with Boost, 1150 MHz/1550... 2x4GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 840 Pro Samsung 750GB HD753LJ Samsung F3 ASUS 24X DVD Combo Drive 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Noctua DH14 Windows 8 Professional x64 Crossover 27Q 27" IPS LED, 2560x1440 Logitech G11 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair TX750 Cooler Master HAF932 Logitech G500 Custom 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty 2x Dayton B652 Bookshelf Dayton DTA-100A Amplifier Dayton 12" SUB-1200 Subwoofer 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming Rig
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500k, 4.6GHz, 1.304v ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 2x Sapphire HD7970 OC with Boost, 1150 MHz/1550... 2x4GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 840 Pro Samsung 750GB HD753LJ Samsung F3 ASUS 24X DVD Combo Drive 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Noctua DH14 Windows 8 Professional x64 Crossover 27Q 27" IPS LED, 2560x1440 Logitech G11 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair TX750 Cooler Master HAF932 Logitech G500 Custom 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty 2x Dayton B652 Bookshelf Dayton DTA-100A Amplifier Dayton 12" SUB-1200 Subwoofer 
  hide details  
Reply
post #179 of 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked View Post

Pat, this is a game that you clearly haven't played and in my opinion, you also haven't educated yourself on the game, itself or the this wonderful diatribe of inaccuracy wouldn't exist.

There is a reason THIS game is limited to 6v6. It's because an intuitive AI with difficulty scaling exists based on performance within the game itself.

You're a programmer. Imagine how much code that AI facilitates. Okay, now imagine the sheer volume of performance is necessary to run that AI and/or run the game in a successful manner. Okay, now, why are we still having this discussion?

Including your mech, this is actually a 12v12 scenario. Sometimes it's a 6v7, sometimes a 5v10, sometimes a 10v12...It is what it is.

I've been playing this game since day 1 and it's quite obvious none of you have even watched the footage of the game. It's faster than CoD, it's faster than BF, it's a very FAST game with mechs. You don't want more than 6 people on that map.

Again, I quote the same article I quoted and put up here, yesterday.

Source

I can definitely accept this statement which is why we must keep an open mind. Wondering if they'll have a demo of some type that will allow you play the multiplayer at all since multiplayer is the real reason behind this game right?
post #180 of 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJR1775 View Post

I can definitely accept this statement which is why we must keep an open mind. Wondering if they'll have a demo of some type that will allow you play the multiplayer at all since multiplayer is the real reason behind this game right?

I agree and yes it is multiplayer only (with AI bots it appears).
Easy V3
(17 items)
 
12 Pack
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4820k Asus Rampage IV BE evga 1080ti FE w/ hybrid kit 16 GB G.Skill Trident X 2400mhz  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 EVO 120gb Samsung 840 EVO 1TB Samsung Blu-ray Corsair H110 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
windows 10 Asus PG278Q Ducky Shine 3 - blue led - cherry mx browns Seasonic Platinum-1000 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Dimastech Easy V3 Mionix NAOS 8200 Mionix Ensis 320 titanium HD  
Other
audio technica ATH-A900X 
  hide details  
Reply
Easy V3
(17 items)
 
12 Pack
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4820k Asus Rampage IV BE evga 1080ti FE w/ hybrid kit 16 GB G.Skill Trident X 2400mhz  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 EVO 120gb Samsung 840 EVO 1TB Samsung Blu-ray Corsair H110 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
windows 10 Asus PG278Q Ducky Shine 3 - blue led - cherry mx browns Seasonic Platinum-1000 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Dimastech Easy V3 Mionix NAOS 8200 Mionix Ensis 320 titanium HD  
Other
audio technica ATH-A900X 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [DS] Titanfall Dev Gives Lots of Details on 6 vs 6 Player Count: “a TON of Debate” About it at Respawn