Overclock.net › Forums › Hardware Vendors › Case Labs › CaseLabs announces the Mercury S8!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

CaseLabs announces the Mercury S8! - Page 134

post #1331 of 2032
Yeah, I ordered the MAC-302 psu mount for the S8 as it appears to have the same mounting hole locations as the ST10 - one of the cases the MAC-302 is listed to suit.
Tracking shows my S8 order is now in Singapore - halfway here biggrin.gif

post #1332 of 2032
Awesome. Thanks, ordering now. smile.gif

Sent from Note 3
post #1333 of 2032
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGKris View Post

Awesome. Thanks, ordering now. smile.gif

Sent from Note 3

Hmm, I am tad worried now.
I have a Seasonic 1050 X, It's quite large
Do you need the bracket or are you ok without it? Could you possibly take a pic with your PSU in? smile.gif
post #1334 of 2032
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGKris View Post

Hey guys, quick question. Are you guys mounting your psu without a bracket? Is it needed?

Sent from Note 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerlic View Post

I've been able to mount my PSU without a bracket, but I don't like the feel of it. I have a question out to CS support about which bracket would fit. The Merlin PSU support mount seems the most likely just looking at the pictures on their site. Seems like there are pre-drilled mount points for a PSU bracket so they've probably planned for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGKris View Post

yeah I don't like how it puts added stress on the case/psu. I think you're right about the merlin bracket. Let's see what CL says.

Sent from Note 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast_fate View Post

Yeah, I ordered the MAC-302 psu mount for the S8 as it appears to have the same mounting hole locations as the ST10 - one of the cases the MAC-302 is listed to suit.
Tracking shows my S8 order is now in Singapore - halfway here biggrin.gif


Quote:
Originally Posted by BGKris View Post

Awesome. Thanks, ordering now. smile.gif

Sent from Note 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeckIRE View Post

Hmm, I am tad worried now.
I have a Seasonic 1050 X, It's quite large
Do you need the bracket or are you ok without it? Could you possibly take a pic with your PSU in? smile.gif

I have dual-Strider 1200w Gold Evolutions in my STH10, mounted side by side in the top compartment of the case together, and there is ZERO droop from front to back on either.................. Unless your frequently dropping the case to the ground, I feel that the support is basically there to prey on peoples insecurities. Sure, in a case made of SECC thin steel, a PSU Support might help. But these CL cases are REALLY stiff cases....... just my 2cents.gif
Edited by Jimhans1 - 3/3/14 at 2:12am
post #1335 of 2032
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimhans1 View Post


I have dual-Strider 1200w Gold Evolutions in my STH10, mounted side by side in the top compartment of the case together, and there is ZERO droop from front to back on either.................. Unless your frequently dropping the case to the ground, I feel that the support is basically there to prey on peoples insecurities. Sure, in a case made of SECC this steel, a PSU Support might help. But these CL cases are REALLY stiff cases....... just my 2cents.gif

Thanks for your input man. the Strider and Seasonic X are similarly sized. I was worried for a second tongue.gif
It seems like the PSU in the mercury s8 would be close the floor of the case, so if I feel its bending I can always put something under it to steady it.

My case hasn't shipped to me yet, I was gonna email to add the bracket haha. Its grand now
Edited by GeckIRE - 3/3/14 at 2:07am
post #1336 of 2032
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeckIRE View Post

Thanks for your input man. the Strider and Seasonic X are similarly sized. I was worried for a second tongue.gif
It seems like the PSU in the mercury s8 would be close the floor of the case, so if I feel its bending I can always put something under it to steady it.

My case hasn't shipped to me yet, I was gonna email to add the bracket haha. Its grand now

No problem, thumb.gif
At worst, you could get a little rubber anti-vibration foot for cabinets and such at Home Depot and put it right under the front edge of the psu, might cost $1 if you had to, but I doubt it's gonna be needed honestly.
post #1337 of 2032
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeckIRE View Post

Hmm, I am tad worried now.
I have a Seasonic 1050 X, It's quite large
Do you need the bracket or are you ok without it? Could you possibly take a pic with your PSU in? smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimhans1 View Post

No problem, thumb.gif
At worst, you could get a little rubber anti-vibration foot for cabinets and such at Home Depot and put it right under the front edge of the psu, might cost $1 if you had to, but I doubt it's gonna be needed honestly.

Agreed, it's very close to the bottom of the case so you wouldn't have any trouble finding something to put under it. I'm still leaning towards grabbing the CS bracket though - just to help me sleep at night smile.gif

Here's a picture of my PSU floating above the bottom of the case.
Corsair AX1200i mounted

Mine looks to be 11mm off the bottom of the case.
post #1338 of 2032
Oh well, now I have an extra bracket just in case. tongue.gif

Sent from Note 3
post #1339 of 2032
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerlic View Post


Agreed, it's very close to the bottom of the case so you wouldn't have any trouble finding something to put under it. I'm still leaning towards grabbing the CS bracket though - just to help me sleep at night smile.gif

Here's a picture of my PSU floating above the bottom of the case.
Corsair AX1200i mounted

Mine looks to be 11mm off the bottom of the case.

Brilliant, thanks for the pic. Theirs "allot" more breathing room than I thought their was. I keep thinking this case is small.
Yeah and I actually already have some rubber PSU stands nicked from previous NZXT cases. so their ready and waiting. I should be fine without the bracket. don't want to go messing around with my order tongue.gif
post #1340 of 2032
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeckIRE View Post

Brilliant, thanks for the pic. Theirs "allot" more breathing room than I thought their was. I keep thinking this case is small.
Yeah and I actually already have some rubber PSU stands nicked from previous NZXT cases. so their ready and waiting. I should be fine without the bracket. don't want to go messing around with my order tongue.gif

If you're worried about the weight of the PSU, simply shore up the far end with a rubber support. like a rubber foot or something of the sort. Considering that you only have a small gap between the bottom of the case and the PSU, this should be no problem and cost very little to do.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3930K Big Bang-XPower II (MS-7737) ASUS HD7970 Series Corsair  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate Barracuda OCZ Agility 4  LG DVD burner Antec Kuhler H20 920 
OSCaseOther
Microsoft Windows 7 Pro 64 bit Cooler Master HAF-X recon fan controller 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3930K Big Bang-XPower II (MS-7737) ASUS HD7970 Series Corsair  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate Barracuda OCZ Agility 4  LG DVD burner Antec Kuhler H20 920 
OSCaseOther
Microsoft Windows 7 Pro 64 bit Cooler Master HAF-X recon fan controller 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Case Labs
Overclock.net › Forums › Hardware Vendors › Case Labs › CaseLabs announces the Mercury S8!