Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › Gigabyte r9 290 windforce 3x oc ( GV-R929OC-4GD-GA ) temp issues
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gigabyte r9 290 windforce 3x oc ( GV-R929OC-4GD-GA ) temp issues

post #1 of 62
Thread Starter 
Hi Guys

i have bought this card and my idle temps are on desktop is around 40-41-42 degrees.

and after 6 minutes of playing crysis 3,the gpu temp reaches 84 degrees and the card starts throotling.Gpu speed reduces to 800-900mhzs..Everything is on default.the auto fan reaches at %51 fan speed at 84 degrees.

so is my card faulty?

i didnt use the switch for my card .it is on SW2 position for my card.you can see it in the link below

http://www.gigabyte.com/support-downloads/faq-page.aspx?fid=2767

what should i do to prevent decreasing gpu speed ? should i hold the gpu temps under 84 degrees?

or how can i arrange the maximum temp as 93-95 degrees instead of 84 degrees?


edit: i have found a hiint on the web .the pic is in the attachment r9290.JPG 75k .JPG file

best regards..
Edited by SpiritRises - 1/13/14 at 2:25am
post #2 of 62
I'm wondering to buy new Gigabyte GV-R929OC-4GD.

There is also a new BIOS for this card F3L:

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4884#bios

The problem is the new BIOS decreases GPU speed at almost 100MHz, why?
post #3 of 62
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke2 View Post

I'm wondering to buy new Gigabyte GV-R929OC-4GD.

There is also a new BIOS for this card F3L:

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4884#bios

The problem is the new BIOS decreases GPU speed at almost 100MHz, why?

Yes mate we are waiting for an answer about that decreased gpu speed..it is really annoying..
Edited by SpiritRises - 1/15/14 at 4:23am
post #4 of 62
Thread Starter 
Here is the reply from gigabyte


After confirming, the core clock 947 MHz of F3L is not correct. It will not down grade core clock after updating VBIOS F3L. We have forwarded this mail to relevant department and the person who's in charge with this issue will correct the core clock. We are sorry for any inconvenience.

Regards,
GIGABYTE

i do not know what to say..is that normal? What if wasnt ask them reason why they decreased the gpu speed?
post #5 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritRises View Post

Here is the reply from gigabyte


After confirming, the core clock 947 MHz of F3L is not correct. It will not down grade core clock after updating VBIOS F3L. We have forwarded this mail to relevant department and the person who's in charge with this issue will correct the core clock. We are sorry for any inconvenience.

Regards,
GIGABYTE

i do not know what to say..is that normal? What if wasnt ask them reason why they decreased the gpu speed?

probly some one got the hash sums wrong thats all they probs will fix it soon

the money pit
(21 items)
 
  
Reply
the money pit
(21 items)
 
  
Reply
post #6 of 62
Thats great.
Then please post your temp and noise experiences with this new BIOS smile.gif
post #7 of 62
Thread Starter 
Dont worry mate i will post the results.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke2 View Post

Thats great.
Then please post your temp and noise experiences with this new BIOS smile.gif
post #8 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritRises View Post

Dont worry mate i will post the results.
Thank you.
Would be great if soon, want to buy finally one smile.gif
post #9 of 62
Thread Starter 
below is the new message from Gigabyte

We have already correct "Base Clock/Memory Clock : 1040/5000MHz" about VBIOS F3L on our website. Please first confirm whether the original VBIOS is F1/F2, if it is, please feel free to update F3L VBIOS. But, if the original VBIOS is Not F1/F2, please do not update VBIOS F3L (due to they are not the same series as we mentioned before).

Regards,
GIGABYTE
post #10 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritRises View Post

below is the new message from Gigabyte

We have already correct "Base Clock/Memory Clock : 1040/5000MHz" about VBIOS F3L on our website. Please first confirm whether the original VBIOS is F1/F2, if it is, please feel free to update F3L VBIOS. But, if the original VBIOS is Not F1/F2, please do not update VBIOS F3L (due to they are not the same series as we mentioned before).

Regards,
GIGABYTE

When I try to flash R929O4GDL.F3 I get a flash error, 'bios id does not match'.

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4884#bios

Anyone else had that problem?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD/ATI
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › Gigabyte r9 290 windforce 3x oc ( GV-R929OC-4GD-GA ) temp issues