Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel - General › PC shuts off randomly
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

PC shuts off randomly - Page 2

post #11 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamin9_t00l View Post

A good 750W PSU is enough to handle your system although you do have a lot of HDD's. It's a corsair so its a good quality PSU

This is wrong on so many levels

Corsair does not make PSU´s or is the CX line very good

Due note that the CX750 is a downgraded TX750 so its not as bad as the rest of the CX series
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastMHz View Post

Rosewill Capstones are inexpensive and often on sale and are made by Seasonic, which is a top OEM.

Capstone are not made by Seasonic

The Capstone is a Super Flower Golden Green
Edited by shilka - 1/13/14 at 9:47am
Seravee
(27 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core I7 6850K Gigabyte X99 Ultra Gaming EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 Kingston HyperX DDR4 Savage 3000 MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Evo WD Green WD60EZRX  WD Red WD80EFZX 8TB  Seagate Ironwolf Pro 10 TB 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
LG CH12NS30 x5 Noctua NF-A14 FLX Noctua NH-D15S Windows 7 64 Bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Asus PG279Q LG 49UH750V 4K LED TV Corsair Gaming Strafe RGB EVGA SuperNova G2 750 watt 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Roccat Kone EMP Roccat Sense Metor Sennheiser HD 598 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Onkyo TX NR646  Harman Kardon HKTS 60 Dali Opticon Vokal x2 Dali Opticon 2 
AudioOtherOther
x2 Dali Opticon 1 CableMod E series PSU cable set CableMod LED Strips 
  hide details  
Reply
Seravee
(27 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core I7 6850K Gigabyte X99 Ultra Gaming EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 Kingston HyperX DDR4 Savage 3000 MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Evo WD Green WD60EZRX  WD Red WD80EFZX 8TB  Seagate Ironwolf Pro 10 TB 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
LG CH12NS30 x5 Noctua NF-A14 FLX Noctua NH-D15S Windows 7 64 Bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Asus PG279Q LG 49UH750V 4K LED TV Corsair Gaming Strafe RGB EVGA SuperNova G2 750 watt 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Roccat Kone EMP Roccat Sense Metor Sennheiser HD 598 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Onkyo TX NR646  Harman Kardon HKTS 60 Dali Opticon Vokal x2 Dali Opticon 2 
AudioOtherOther
x2 Dali Opticon 1 CableMod E series PSU cable set CableMod LED Strips 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 47
Oops, my bad! Still a top OEM though smile.gif
RYZEN
(14 items)
 
OFFICE PC
(12 items)
 
20TB_HOMENAS
(9 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1700X ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming XFX 390x Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB DDR4 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
A bunch of swappable SSDs LG BD-ROM Thermaltake CL-P039-AL12BL-A Contac Silent Windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Generic Korean 32" 4K Generic mechanical rainbow LED lit SeaSonic G Series 550-Watt AZZA Helios 910 CSAZ-910 
MouseAudio
Logitech G500 T1 24BIT Tube USB DAC 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon II X2 255 ASRock 970DE3/U3S3 Radeon X300 Kingston KHX1600C9D3/4GX 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
8x Samsung HD204UI 7x Seagate ST2000DM001 Transcend TS16GSSD25-S 2x WD WD40EZRX 
Case
AZZA Helios 
  hide details  
Reply
RYZEN
(14 items)
 
OFFICE PC
(12 items)
 
20TB_HOMENAS
(9 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1700X ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming XFX 390x Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB DDR4 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
A bunch of swappable SSDs LG BD-ROM Thermaltake CL-P039-AL12BL-A Contac Silent Windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Generic Korean 32" 4K Generic mechanical rainbow LED lit SeaSonic G Series 550-Watt AZZA Helios 910 CSAZ-910 
MouseAudio
Logitech G500 T1 24BIT Tube USB DAC 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon II X2 255 ASRock 970DE3/U3S3 Radeon X300 Kingston KHX1600C9D3/4GX 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
8x Samsung HD204UI 7x Seagate ST2000DM001 Transcend TS16GSSD25-S 2x WD WD40EZRX 
Case
AZZA Helios 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastMHz View Post

Oops, my bad! Still a top OEM though smile.gif

They like every other OEM has both good and bad stuff

i really dont like it when words like top and best OEM is thrown around

It also depends what they are paid to make

So even Seasonic can make crap if that is what they are asked to make

Like that Antec series i can never recall the name of
Seravee
(27 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core I7 6850K Gigabyte X99 Ultra Gaming EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 Kingston HyperX DDR4 Savage 3000 MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Evo WD Green WD60EZRX  WD Red WD80EFZX 8TB  Seagate Ironwolf Pro 10 TB 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
LG CH12NS30 x5 Noctua NF-A14 FLX Noctua NH-D15S Windows 7 64 Bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Asus PG279Q LG 49UH750V 4K LED TV Corsair Gaming Strafe RGB EVGA SuperNova G2 750 watt 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Roccat Kone EMP Roccat Sense Metor Sennheiser HD 598 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Onkyo TX NR646  Harman Kardon HKTS 60 Dali Opticon Vokal x2 Dali Opticon 2 
AudioOtherOther
x2 Dali Opticon 1 CableMod E series PSU cable set CableMod LED Strips 
  hide details  
Reply
Seravee
(27 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core I7 6850K Gigabyte X99 Ultra Gaming EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 Kingston HyperX DDR4 Savage 3000 MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Evo WD Green WD60EZRX  WD Red WD80EFZX 8TB  Seagate Ironwolf Pro 10 TB 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
LG CH12NS30 x5 Noctua NF-A14 FLX Noctua NH-D15S Windows 7 64 Bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Asus PG279Q LG 49UH750V 4K LED TV Corsair Gaming Strafe RGB EVGA SuperNova G2 750 watt 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Roccat Kone EMP Roccat Sense Metor Sennheiser HD 598 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Onkyo TX NR646  Harman Kardon HKTS 60 Dali Opticon Vokal x2 Dali Opticon 2 
AudioOtherOther
x2 Dali Opticon 1 CableMod E series PSU cable set CableMod LED Strips 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 47
did you try just setting defaults in bios and booting and running some stress tests and leaving in on to see if it crashes? i personally do not like those auto overclock options.
post #15 of 47
Thread Starter 
I got the CX750, because i couldn't get the AX750, wich I think I will try instead.
And yeah, I tried stress testing with prime95 with everything set to default in BIOS. It shut down, without any warning, while the processer was around 40C.
post #16 of 47
do you have another psu to test or some one that can let you use one? my guess at this point is psu.
post #17 of 47
Thread Starter 
Nope. But I'm gonna buy one, test, and then return if it isn't that wink.gif
post #18 of 47
Unless you have two video cards or have one overvolted 750 watts is way more then needed
Seravee
(27 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core I7 6850K Gigabyte X99 Ultra Gaming EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 Kingston HyperX DDR4 Savage 3000 MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Evo WD Green WD60EZRX  WD Red WD80EFZX 8TB  Seagate Ironwolf Pro 10 TB 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
LG CH12NS30 x5 Noctua NF-A14 FLX Noctua NH-D15S Windows 7 64 Bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Asus PG279Q LG 49UH750V 4K LED TV Corsair Gaming Strafe RGB EVGA SuperNova G2 750 watt 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Roccat Kone EMP Roccat Sense Metor Sennheiser HD 598 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Onkyo TX NR646  Harman Kardon HKTS 60 Dali Opticon Vokal x2 Dali Opticon 2 
AudioOtherOther
x2 Dali Opticon 1 CableMod E series PSU cable set CableMod LED Strips 
  hide details  
Reply
Seravee
(27 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core I7 6850K Gigabyte X99 Ultra Gaming EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 Kingston HyperX DDR4 Savage 3000 MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Evo WD Green WD60EZRX  WD Red WD80EFZX 8TB  Seagate Ironwolf Pro 10 TB 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
LG CH12NS30 x5 Noctua NF-A14 FLX Noctua NH-D15S Windows 7 64 Bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Asus PG279Q LG 49UH750V 4K LED TV Corsair Gaming Strafe RGB EVGA SuperNova G2 750 watt 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Roccat Kone EMP Roccat Sense Metor Sennheiser HD 598 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Onkyo TX NR646  Harman Kardon HKTS 60 Dali Opticon Vokal x2 Dali Opticon 2 
AudioOtherOther
x2 Dali Opticon 1 CableMod E series PSU cable set CableMod LED Strips 
  hide details  
Reply
post #19 of 47
70% chance its the PSU, 30% chance something is overheating.

To check temps and voltages: HWINFO64 or 32 (depending on the SO).
If temps during NORMAl use are above 50-60 there's something wrong. If voltage in the +12v line goes below 11.8v during normal use or gaming, its the PSU (also check the +3v and +5v line)

post #20 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerapar88 View Post

70% chance its the PSU, 30% chance something is overheating.

To check temps and voltages: HWINFO64 or 32 (depending on the SO).
If temps during NORMAl use are above 50-60 there's something wrong. If voltage in the 12v+ line goes below 11.8v during normal use or gaming, its the PSU (also check the 3v and 5v line)

Software is useless for checking your PSU
Seravee
(27 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core I7 6850K Gigabyte X99 Ultra Gaming EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 Kingston HyperX DDR4 Savage 3000 MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Evo WD Green WD60EZRX  WD Red WD80EFZX 8TB  Seagate Ironwolf Pro 10 TB 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
LG CH12NS30 x5 Noctua NF-A14 FLX Noctua NH-D15S Windows 7 64 Bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Asus PG279Q LG 49UH750V 4K LED TV Corsair Gaming Strafe RGB EVGA SuperNova G2 750 watt 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Roccat Kone EMP Roccat Sense Metor Sennheiser HD 598 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Onkyo TX NR646  Harman Kardon HKTS 60 Dali Opticon Vokal x2 Dali Opticon 2 
AudioOtherOther
x2 Dali Opticon 1 CableMod E series PSU cable set CableMod LED Strips 
  hide details  
Reply
Seravee
(27 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core I7 6850K Gigabyte X99 Ultra Gaming EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 Kingston HyperX DDR4 Savage 3000 MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Evo WD Green WD60EZRX  WD Red WD80EFZX 8TB  Seagate Ironwolf Pro 10 TB 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
LG CH12NS30 x5 Noctua NF-A14 FLX Noctua NH-D15S Windows 7 64 Bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Asus PG279Q LG 49UH750V 4K LED TV Corsair Gaming Strafe RGB EVGA SuperNova G2 750 watt 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Roccat Kone EMP Roccat Sense Metor Sennheiser HD 598 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Onkyo TX NR646  Harman Kardon HKTS 60 Dali Opticon Vokal x2 Dali Opticon 2 
AudioOtherOther
x2 Dali Opticon 1 CableMod E series PSU cable set CableMod LED Strips 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel - General
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel - General › PC shuts off randomly