Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › EVGA X79 Dark Owner's Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

EVGA X79 Dark Owner's Club - Page 3

post #21 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVGA-JacobF View Post

Here is an X79 Dark BIOS guide:

http://www.evga.com/support/manuals/files/BIOS/150-SE-E789_BIOS_Guide.pdf

AWESOME
post #22 of 90
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVGA-JacobF View Post

Here is an X79 Dark BIOS guide:

http://www.evga.com/support/manuals/files/BIOS/150-SE-E789_BIOS_Guide.pdf

Sweet! Thanks Jacob. The bios is already easy to work with, but that's a great guide.
post #23 of 90
These are in stock now. Not sure if it's worth upgrading P9X79 PRO though to get another PCI slot and better color scheme, but I really miss not being able to use my sound card since going 3-way SLI (external sound card is not as good). The Rampage IV black seems too expensive, and I don't need that silly display.

Is there a new socket/chip coming out any time soon? I'd hate to buy this and it be near EOL. I just did a water cooling build with Corsair 540, but thinking to start over with bigger case and more radiators (keep 780 ti's and 3930k).
http://www.overclock.net/t/1471136/first-time-water-cooling-3-gtx780-ti-component-check-suggestions
post #24 of 90
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by frunction View Post

These are in stock now. Not sure if it's worth upgrading P9X79 PRO though to get another PCI slot and better color scheme, but I really miss not being able to use my sound card since going 3-way SLI (external sound card is not as good). The Rampage IV black seems too expensive, and I don't need that silly display.

Is there a new socket/chip coming out any time soon? I'd hate to buy this and it be near EOL. I just did a water cooling build with Corsair 540, but thinking to start over with bigger case and more radiators (keep 780 ti's and 3930k).
http://www.overclock.net/t/1471136/first-time-water-cooling-3-gtx780-ti-component-check-suggestions

X99 platform is supposed to come out this year with octal core extreme processor.

You could always in a better USB day and amp like the schist modified and magni.

However, if you want to use your current sound card and not go external, this board really is amazing.
post #25 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameyscott View Post

X99 platform is supposed to come out this year with octal core extreme processor.

You could always in a better USB day and amp like the schist modified and magni.

However, if you want to use your current sound card and not go external, this board really is amazing.

I'll check those out. I am using a X-FI HD USB which has a DAC and amplifier, but doesn't sound as good to me as the internal Titanium X-FI HD or Xonar Essence I had before.
post #26 of 90
Thread Starter 
Magni-modi stack is as good as the essence six if not better.
post #27 of 90
Hey all, been off OCN for a while, came back as I am a recent buyer of the board. So far I really like it, read the BIOS guide thoroughly as well.

Has anyone here really pushed memory on it yet? I have a GSkill 32gb kit for X79 @ 2666. I have had some issues getting it to that speed, 2400 worked with XMP, just haven't really had the time to push it hard so far. This is for a 24/7 stability build, looking for mid-upper 4's @ 2666 on my 4930k.

Anyone push the memory yet, fi so, what BIOS (im on 2.10) and if so, what are your BIO settings?

BTW THANKS JACOB for writing that guide!
post #28 of 90
Thread Starter 
I haven't pushed that far with my memory because I'm using a blck strap of 125 and a blck 122.5. I did however easily get my g. Skill 2133 c10 kit to 2000ish with c9 timings.
post #29 of 90
I assume you are on BIOS 2.10, what are your settings for stabilizing your clock? Just curious.
post #30 of 90
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder_IIc View Post

I assume you are on BIOS 2.10, what are your settings for stabilizing your clock? Just curious.

It's for 4.9ghz so 40 base clock with 122.5 blck. I run 1.445 vcore which droops down to 1.425ish with 80% droop setting. I forget what I messed with. It's been awhile since I messed with it, so I forget what else I messed with. And yes, I'm on 2.10. Just as stable for overclocking as 2.07 was for me.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › EVGA X79 Dark Owner's Club