Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] EVGA 780 Ti Classified K|NGP|N Owner's Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] EVGA 780 Ti Classified K|NGP|N Owner's Club - Page 370

post #3691 of 8148
Quote:
Originally Posted by szeged View Post

nope, im still deciding if i want a second kingpin, a 290x lightning or a 780ti matrix lol.

Almost bought a 290X L from Amazon today till I saw it would ship in 3-4 weeks.
Core I7 5960X
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core I7 5960X ASRock X99 OC Formula MSI GTX 970 Gaming MSI GTX 970 Gaming 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
G. Skill 16GB DDR4 2600 Sandisk Extreme II 240GB SSD Custom 480 Water Setup Windows 10 
PowerCase
AX1500I Corsair 900D 
  hide details  
Reply
Core I7 5960X
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core I7 5960X ASRock X99 OC Formula MSI GTX 970 Gaming MSI GTX 970 Gaming 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
G. Skill 16GB DDR4 2600 Sandisk Extreme II 240GB SSD Custom 480 Water Setup Windows 10 
PowerCase
AX1500I Corsair 900D 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3692 of 8148
Quote:
Originally Posted by szeged View Post

nope, im still deciding if i want a second kingpin, a 290x lightning or a 780ti matrix lol.

Do you know when the Matrix is suppose to be out?
Iron Patriot
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4930K ASUS Rampage IV Gene EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti Classified K|NGP|N Edition 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2400mhz (9-11-1... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
512gb Samsung Pro SSD Corsair H110 Windows 7 64 bit Samsung 23SA950D 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Vengeance K70 Corsair AX860 Corsair 350D Mionix Naos 7000 
Mouse PadAudio
Corepad Deskpad XXXXL Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium 
  hide details  
Reply
Iron Patriot
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4930K ASUS Rampage IV Gene EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti Classified K|NGP|N Edition 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2400mhz (9-11-1... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
512gb Samsung Pro SSD Corsair H110 Windows 7 64 bit Samsung 23SA950D 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Vengeance K70 Corsair AX860 Corsair 350D Mionix Naos 7000 
Mouse PadAudio
Corepad Deskpad XXXXL Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3693 of 8148
ya I think one of each is the best combo. It's the best nvidia card and best amd card so all benches are covered. haha. I really want to see what a kingpin can do with hynix memory. did someone say that is what the 6gb kpe's will have?
Bench Rig
(20 items)
 
  
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Intel i7 core 5960x intel i7 core 4770k Rampage V Extreme Asus GTX 980 Strix 
GraphicsRAMRAMHard Drive
Asus 780 ti Matrix G-Skill Ripjawz 4 G-Skill Trident X Samsung 840 Evo 120gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Corsair Neutron 120gb Corsair Neutron 120gb Kingpin Tek 9 Fat GPU Pot Kingpin F1 Extreme CPU Pot 
CoolingCoolingOSOS
EK Universal GPU Water Block EK Supremacy CPU Block Win 7 64 bit Win XP 32 bit 
MonitorPowerCaseOther
Samsung S27A950D Corsair AX1200 Dimastech Easy v3 Bench and Armaflex Gigabyte Z97 SOC Force Motherboard 
  hide details  
Reply
Bench Rig
(20 items)
 
  
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Intel i7 core 5960x intel i7 core 4770k Rampage V Extreme Asus GTX 980 Strix 
GraphicsRAMRAMHard Drive
Asus 780 ti Matrix G-Skill Ripjawz 4 G-Skill Trident X Samsung 840 Evo 120gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Corsair Neutron 120gb Corsair Neutron 120gb Kingpin Tek 9 Fat GPU Pot Kingpin F1 Extreme CPU Pot 
CoolingCoolingOSOS
EK Universal GPU Water Block EK Supremacy CPU Block Win 7 64 bit Win XP 32 bit 
MonitorPowerCaseOther
Samsung S27A950D Corsair AX1200 Dimastech Easy v3 Bench and Armaflex Gigabyte Z97 SOC Force Motherboard 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3694 of 8148
Quote:
Originally Posted by strong island 1 View Post

ya I think one of each is the best combo. It's the best nvidia card and best amd card so all benches are covered. haha. I really want to see what a kingpin can do with hynix memory. did someone say that is what the 6gb kpe's will have?

Is the general consensus Hynix is on the same level as Samsung memory.....or is it better?
Iron Patriot
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4930K ASUS Rampage IV Gene EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti Classified K|NGP|N Edition 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2400mhz (9-11-1... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
512gb Samsung Pro SSD Corsair H110 Windows 7 64 bit Samsung 23SA950D 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Vengeance K70 Corsair AX860 Corsair 350D Mionix Naos 7000 
Mouse PadAudio
Corepad Deskpad XXXXL Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium 
  hide details  
Reply
Iron Patriot
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4930K ASUS Rampage IV Gene EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti Classified K|NGP|N Edition 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2400mhz (9-11-1... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
512gb Samsung Pro SSD Corsair H110 Windows 7 64 bit Samsung 23SA950D 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Vengeance K70 Corsair AX860 Corsair 350D Mionix Naos 7000 
Mouse PadAudio
Corepad Deskpad XXXXL Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3695 of 8148
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2spartan View Post

Is the general consensus Hynix is on the same level as Samsung memory.....or is it better?

It really depends on what you are trying to do with it. I have noticed the hynix memory on the ti's seem to score better in benches and oc very well so I would love to see a kingpin core mixed with some great oc'ing hynix memory. I think it would be an amazing card. EVGA has said samsung was better under ln2 than hynix as the hynix memory has a cold bug around -60c. I froze my ti classy with hynix memory and I was able to get to about -130c without any cold bug so I would love to see a kingpin hynix card. But a lot of testing went into the kingpin so samsung must have been the best choice for ln2. Either way it would be an interesting comparison. But since these will be 6gb cards the mem might not oc as well as 3gb 780 ti hynix cards. Also I am not even sure if the 6gb will be hynix. i saw someone mention it a few posts back but haven't see it any where else.
Bench Rig
(20 items)
 
  
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Intel i7 core 5960x intel i7 core 4770k Rampage V Extreme Asus GTX 980 Strix 
GraphicsRAMRAMHard Drive
Asus 780 ti Matrix G-Skill Ripjawz 4 G-Skill Trident X Samsung 840 Evo 120gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Corsair Neutron 120gb Corsair Neutron 120gb Kingpin Tek 9 Fat GPU Pot Kingpin F1 Extreme CPU Pot 
CoolingCoolingOSOS
EK Universal GPU Water Block EK Supremacy CPU Block Win 7 64 bit Win XP 32 bit 
MonitorPowerCaseOther
Samsung S27A950D Corsair AX1200 Dimastech Easy v3 Bench and Armaflex Gigabyte Z97 SOC Force Motherboard 
  hide details  
Reply
Bench Rig
(20 items)
 
  
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Intel i7 core 5960x intel i7 core 4770k Rampage V Extreme Asus GTX 980 Strix 
GraphicsRAMRAMHard Drive
Asus 780 ti Matrix G-Skill Ripjawz 4 G-Skill Trident X Samsung 840 Evo 120gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Corsair Neutron 120gb Corsair Neutron 120gb Kingpin Tek 9 Fat GPU Pot Kingpin F1 Extreme CPU Pot 
CoolingCoolingOSOS
EK Universal GPU Water Block EK Supremacy CPU Block Win 7 64 bit Win XP 32 bit 
MonitorPowerCaseOther
Samsung S27A950D Corsair AX1200 Dimastech Easy v3 Bench and Armaflex Gigabyte Z97 SOC Force Motherboard 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3696 of 8148
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2spartan View Post

Do you know when the Matrix is suppose to be out?

Knowing Asus.. 3 Months
Core I7 5960X
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core I7 5960X ASRock X99 OC Formula MSI GTX 970 Gaming MSI GTX 970 Gaming 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
G. Skill 16GB DDR4 2600 Sandisk Extreme II 240GB SSD Custom 480 Water Setup Windows 10 
PowerCase
AX1500I Corsair 900D 
  hide details  
Reply
Core I7 5960X
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core I7 5960X ASRock X99 OC Formula MSI GTX 970 Gaming MSI GTX 970 Gaming 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
G. Skill 16GB DDR4 2600 Sandisk Extreme II 240GB SSD Custom 480 Water Setup Windows 10 
PowerCase
AX1500I Corsair 900D 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3697 of 8148
Quote:
Originally Posted by strong island 1 View Post

It really depends on what you are trying to do with it. I have noticed the hynix memory on the ti's seem to score better in benches and oc very well so I would love to see a kingpin core mixed with some great oc'ing hynix memory. I think it would be an amazing card. EVGA has said samsung was better under ln2 than hynix as the hynix memory has a cold bug around -60c. I froze my ti classy with hynix memory and I was able to get to about -130c without any cold bug so I would love to see a kingpin hynix card. But a lot of testing went into the kingpin so samsung must have been the best choice for ln2. Either way it would be an interesting comparison. But since these will be 6gb cards the mem might not oc as well as 3gb 780 ti hynix cards. Also I am not even sure if the 6gb will be hynix. i saw someone mention it a few posts back but haven't see it any where else.

the 6gb kingpins will be double density hynix, confirmed by Jacob.

Grats on benchmarks editor btw.
LEGION
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 6700K ASUS Maximus VIII Impact EVGA GTX TITAN X G.skill 16gb 3200 ddr4 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 pro 250gb Samsung 840 evo 250gb Samsung 840 evo 250gb Ice kings magic. 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
WIN 10 Wasabi Mango 42" 4k Corsair k70 EVGA 1000w P2 
CaseMouseAudio
Caselabs Mercury S3 Razer naga :( sennheiser HD 558 
  hide details  
Reply
LEGION
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 6700K ASUS Maximus VIII Impact EVGA GTX TITAN X G.skill 16gb 3200 ddr4 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 pro 250gb Samsung 840 evo 250gb Samsung 840 evo 250gb Ice kings magic. 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
WIN 10 Wasabi Mango 42" 4k Corsair k70 EVGA 1000w P2 
CaseMouseAudio
Caselabs Mercury S3 Razer naga :( sennheiser HD 558 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3698 of 8148
Quote:
Originally Posted by szeged View Post

the 6gb kingpins will be double density hynix, confirmed by Jacob.

Grats on benchmarks editor btw.

Does that mean the chips will be double density, or are they gonna put the other 3gb on the backside like the Titans are? I also wonder how it's going to effect the OC performance in general. All the previous generations that were "double ram" like the 680-4gb and the 580-3gb didn't usually OC as well as the "normal" ram cards in my experience.
post #3699 of 8148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimhans1 View Post

Does that mean the chips will be double density, or are they gonna put the other 3gb on the backside like the Titans are? I also wonder how it's going to effect the OC performance in general. All the previous generations that were "double ram" like the 680-4gb and the 580-3gb didn't usually OC as well as the "normal" ram cards in my experience.

double density, same amount of ram chips.
LEGION
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 6700K ASUS Maximus VIII Impact EVGA GTX TITAN X G.skill 16gb 3200 ddr4 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 pro 250gb Samsung 840 evo 250gb Samsung 840 evo 250gb Ice kings magic. 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
WIN 10 Wasabi Mango 42" 4k Corsair k70 EVGA 1000w P2 
CaseMouseAudio
Caselabs Mercury S3 Razer naga :( sennheiser HD 558 
  hide details  
Reply
LEGION
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 6700K ASUS Maximus VIII Impact EVGA GTX TITAN X G.skill 16gb 3200 ddr4 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 pro 250gb Samsung 840 evo 250gb Samsung 840 evo 250gb Ice kings magic. 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
WIN 10 Wasabi Mango 42" 4k Corsair k70 EVGA 1000w P2 
CaseMouseAudio
Caselabs Mercury S3 Razer naga :( sennheiser HD 558 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3700 of 8148
Quote:
Originally Posted by szeged View Post

double density, same amount of ram chips.

Dang, to bad on that. The timings will probably be even worse than the standard version then to accommodate. Blah.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] EVGA 780 Ti Classified K|NGP|N Owner's Club