Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] TITANFALL Information & Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] TITANFALL Information & Discussion Thread - Page 154

post #1531 of 3127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamaican Reaper View Post

Yeah I just love how people can call itcamping when its hardpoint, they dnt understand at all....you're either capturing or defending, but they just don't get it....
There is an inherent difference. You just happen to run into a hardpoint to capture it? You are not camping. However, despite defending, if you are in a hardpoint, hiding in a corner or anywhere else in the map, you are camping and should feel bad (I mean for the majority of the time.) Played a game last night with someone like that, he would camp in C in one specific corner, so we just told our team to forget about C, he had 3 kills and was the lowest on the leaderboard. Again, if you find yourself standing still for the majority of the game, you are a camping scum and should feel bad when people call you out on your antics. However what some people misconstrue as camping, guarding a defined area, say a building or two, I wouldn't call that camping if you are deliberately not hiding in corner and are moving throughout.

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #1532 of 3127
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinfulRoad View Post

There is an inherent difference. You just happen to run into a hardpoint to capture it? You are not camping. However, despite defending, if you are in a hardpoint, hiding in a corner or anywhere else in the map, you are camping and should feel bad (I mean for the majority of the time.) Played a game last night with someone like that, he would camp in C in one specific corner, so we just told our team to forget about C, he had 3 kills and was the lowest on the leaderboard. Again, if you find yourself standing still for the majority of the game, you are a camping scum and should feel bad when people call you out on your antics. However what some people misconstrue as camping, guarding a defined area, say a building or two, I wouldn't call that camping if you are deliberately not hiding in corner and are moving throughout.

I agree. It's all about being where you need to be as a teammate. Strategy isn't sitting in a corner and forgetting about all other capture points.
Xeno Storm V 1.2
(20 items)
 
RetroPie
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
ARM Cortex-A7 Raspberry Pi 2 Model B Broadcom VideoCore IV 512MB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
64GB Corsair Voyager Go 16GB Micro SD Aluminum heat spreaders RetroPi 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 23" LED Logitech Wireless Touch Keyboard K400 Anker 24W PowerPort 2 OneNineDesign RasPi Black 
Other
8Bitdo NES30 Pro Controller 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 7200U Dell Intel HD 8GB LPDDR3 1866MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
M.2 128GB Windows 10 13.3" FHD AG 
  hide details  
Reply
Xeno Storm V 1.2
(20 items)
 
RetroPie
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
ARM Cortex-A7 Raspberry Pi 2 Model B Broadcom VideoCore IV 512MB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
64GB Corsair Voyager Go 16GB Micro SD Aluminum heat spreaders RetroPi 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 23" LED Logitech Wireless Touch Keyboard K400 Anker 24W PowerPort 2 OneNineDesign RasPi Black 
Other
8Bitdo NES30 Pro Controller 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 7200U Dell Intel HD 8GB LPDDR3 1866MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
M.2 128GB Windows 10 13.3" FHD AG 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1533 of 3127
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajer29 View Post

I agree. It's all about being where you need to be as a teammate. Strategy isn't sitting in a corner and forgetting about all other capture points.

true that. but to be honest there isnt a game that dosent have a camper. not a game goes by no matter what game i play bf3 bf4 all the cods even old school cs, or unreal i havent been in a game where there isnt atleast one camper. ill make it worse i played a free for all a few days ago and there were two guys that were camping in one corner together, the whole game, lol. i was *** over this is free for all are you kidding me. i had to laugh. sad to say one of my very own team mates in cod subjected himself to camping, and hes has ben exiled from our team. if we had a pirate ship with a freaking plank he would of had to walk that bad boy. now hes a camping pro and the sad thing because we play with him so much we know exactly where he will be on any givin map. it had turned into a fun game of where can we find him now. lol. in short though campers make the game suck especialy when just about everyone on the map desides to camp. ive actualy had games time out with super low scores over it and its fustrating. spent the whole time running around the map i think i got some marathon achievements over it lol.
post #1534 of 3127
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajer29 View Post

I agree. It's all about being where you need to be as a teammate. Strategy isn't sitting in a corner and forgetting about all other capture points.
Yes and luckily with the nature of this game, I find camping to not happen anywhere nearly as much as it happened in COD. This is not of game where you will succeed by camping, it may have been so in COD, but these individuals will soon find out they have to move constantly if they want to succeed. And to be honest, camping (besides the obvious badness of COD) was the main reason why I found myself hating COD more and more as the games went on and it's not like I was a bad player, I maintained a 3-4 KD on the PS3 since COD 4. By hiding in a corner, you are saying to the world, "Hey, I am not fully capable of moving and aiming at the same time. I am not a skilled individual so I have to hide like a baby buffalo in order to get a kill." That's all it is entirely. To succeed in camping, you just have to have OK aim, to succeed running around/rushing you need good situation awareness, great movement, and good aim. You are just a more skilled individual. And I guess the real reason camping is the bane of our existence is because if everyone was camping, nothing would be done and we all know that.
post #1535 of 3127
Quote:
Originally Posted by gh0stfac3killa View Post

true that. but to be honest there isnt a game that dosent have a camper. not a game goes by no matter what game i play bf3 bf4 all the cods even old school cs, or unreal i havent been in a game where there isnt atleast one camper. ill make it worse i played a free for all a few days ago and there were two guys that were camping in one corner together, the whole game, lol. i was *** over this is free for all are you kidding me. i had to laugh. sad to say one of my very own team mates in cod subjected himself to camping, and hes has ben exiled from our team. if we had a pirate ship with a freaking plank he would of had to walk that bad boy. now hes a camping pro and the sad thing because we play with him so much we know exactly where he will be on any givin map. it had turned into a fun game of where can we find him now. lol. in short though campers make the game suck especialy when just about everyone on the map desides to camp. ive actualy had games time out with super low scores over it and its fustrating. spent the whole time running around the map i think i got some marathon achievements over it lol.

It's very frustrating, but sometimes it's great to outsmart the camper with a satchel explosive to the face from an open window or doorway. Campers suck, but they're only hurting themselves and team. thumb.gif

Edit: accidentally a word
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinfulRoad View Post

Yes and luckily with the nature of this game, I find camping to not happen anywhere nearly as much as it happened in COD. This is not of game where you will succeed by camping, it may have been so in COD, but these individuals will soon find out they have to move constantly if they want to succeed. And to be honest, camping (besides the obvious badness of COD) was the main reason why I found myself hating COD more and more as the games went on and it's not like I was a bad player, I maintained a 3-4 KD on the PS3 since COD 4. By hiding in a corner, you are saying to the world, "Hey, I am not fully capable of moving and aiming at the same time. I am not a skilled individual so I have to hide like a baby buffalo in order to get a kill." That's all it is entirely. To succeed in camping, you just have to have OK aim, to succeed running around/rushing you need good situation awareness, great movement, and good aim. You are just a more skilled individual. And I guess the real reason camping is the bane of our existence is because if everyone was camping, nothing would be done and we all know that.

I've completely left COD for this reason. Haven't played one since Black Ops and that was even difficult for me to have fun in. Maps are too darn small!
Edited by bajer29 - 3/19/14 at 6:17am
Xeno Storm V 1.2
(20 items)
 
RetroPie
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
ARM Cortex-A7 Raspberry Pi 2 Model B Broadcom VideoCore IV 512MB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
64GB Corsair Voyager Go 16GB Micro SD Aluminum heat spreaders RetroPi 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 23" LED Logitech Wireless Touch Keyboard K400 Anker 24W PowerPort 2 OneNineDesign RasPi Black 
Other
8Bitdo NES30 Pro Controller 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 7200U Dell Intel HD 8GB LPDDR3 1866MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
M.2 128GB Windows 10 13.3" FHD AG 
  hide details  
Reply
Xeno Storm V 1.2
(20 items)
 
RetroPie
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
ARM Cortex-A7 Raspberry Pi 2 Model B Broadcom VideoCore IV 512MB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
64GB Corsair Voyager Go 16GB Micro SD Aluminum heat spreaders RetroPi 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 23" LED Logitech Wireless Touch Keyboard K400 Anker 24W PowerPort 2 OneNineDesign RasPi Black 
Other
8Bitdo NES30 Pro Controller 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 7200U Dell Intel HD 8GB LPDDR3 1866MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
M.2 128GB Windows 10 13.3" FHD AG 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1536 of 3127
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinfulRoad View Post

There is an inherent difference. You just happen to run into a hardpoint to capture it? You are not camping. However, despite defending, if you are in a hardpoint, hiding in a corner or anywhere else in the map, you are camping and should feel bad (I mean for the majority of the time.) Played a game last night with someone like that, he would camp in C in one specific corner, so we just told our team to forget about C, he had 3 kills and was the lowest on the leaderboard. Again, if you find yourself standing still for the majority of the game, you are a camping scum and should feel bad when people call you out on your antics. However what some people misconstrue as camping, guarding a defined area, say a building or two, I wouldn't call that camping if you are deliberately not hiding in corner and are moving throughout.

That scenario is usually the kind of camping that people on that same players team complain about. I personally can't stand guys who will camp at A or C and build up a decent score while we hold 1 cap point the entire match.

The other whining about "camping" I see is from the losing team about a player or players who may defend in the cap zones while their team has two locked down and have no need to risk swing the tide by giving one up. In my opinion that is whining about defending. In the world of objective based FPS if you are intelligently defending and catch a guy repeatedly, he is going to say you're a camper. The great thing is both campers and defenders can be dealt with via the scan ability and satchels or frags.

All this being said I almost always have a higher assault score than defending. I can't count how many times I've had over 1000 assault and the rest of my team combined for less. Very frustrating. I do have 1 class for defending in those rare occasions I get on a team where we have 5-6 attackers.

This discussion leads me to the fact I need to add some PTFO guys/gals for Origin: TheOneAndOnlyDC
Edited by drc003 - 3/19/14 at 6:20am
post #1537 of 3127
Quote:
Originally Posted by drc003 View Post

That scenario is usually the kind of camping that people on that same players team complain about. I personally can't stand guys who will camp at A or C and build up a decent score while we hold 1 cap point the entire match.

The other whining about "camping" I see is from the losing team about a player or players who may defend in the cap zones while their team has two locked down and have no need to risk swing the tide by giving one up. In my opinion that is whining about defending. In the world of objective based FPS if you are intelligently defending and catch a guy repeatedly, he is going to say you're a camper.

All this being said I almost always have a higher assault score than defending. I can't count how many times I've had over 1000 assault and the rest of my team combined for less. Very frustrating. I do have 1 class for defending in those rare occasions I get on a team where we have 5-6 attackers.

This discussion leads me to the fact I need to add some PTFO guys/gals for Origin: TheOneAndOnlyDC
And that's entirely why I said if you are defending a well defined area, you are not camping. If you are moving throughout several buildings by say B for instance, I wouldn't say you are camping. But if you are, like I said, hiding in a corner of C where only you can see out and it's hard to get in, you are camping. Again, it's all about the movement, if you don't move, or move in a small boxed in area, you are a camper. I too also see I have a higher assault score than defending. I can't remember the name of the map right now for some reason, but literally, last night he was just hiding in one corner, there was no other way to get in. The nature of the spot made it so it was rather difficult to get the jump on him because from anywhere you could have gotten to C, he would have been able to see you and shoot you and it would be too difficult to have thrown a grenade in there. It took him two times to kill me before I could finally get him out of there. It just got to the point where I said, "Hey guys, this guys being a *insert curse word* it's not worth going to C." Camping, especially the hiding portion of the camping, is really the only reason I get angry at shooters. I am confident in my ability to outgun individuals in a head to head competition, but you hiding in a dark or grassy corner is really a shame. But man, a vote to kick option would be fantastic. Not just great for cheaters, but if someones playing like a you know what, they should get the boot.
post #1538 of 3127
yahhh i like tossing in stick granades or c4 packs and getting multiple kills on campers. funny thing is i realy dont complane about campers i find where they are and try to keep them out of there safe spots. or if they decide to keep going there i just keep showing up lol. makes for some great kill counts. not to say there arent some realy realy good campers out there that have developed this skill into an art in there case. had a guy literaly go 0-0-0 no kills no deaths no assists. he wento into one corner of the map and just chilled. his responce over the voice chat was hey i didnt die lol. but i do enjoy catching little campers by suprise especialy in bf i have a realy good dog tag collection from them.

the only thing i have to lock down is all the ai bots on the map of titan fall on atrition. to fidn the actual pilots. let me ask do all the game modes have the bots or minions in it or is it just attrition. i didnt get to play much yesterday and all i played was atrition. i hope to try out the other modes here soon.
post #1539 of 3127
Quote:
Originally Posted by drc003 View Post

That scenario is usually the kind of camping that people on that same players team complain about. I personally can't stand guys who will camp at A or C and build up a decent score while we hold 1 cap point the entire match.

The other whining about "camping" I see is from the losing team about a player or players who may defend in the cap zones while their team has two locked down and have no need to risk swing the tide by giving one up. In my opinion that is whining about defending. In the world of objective based FPS if you are intelligently defending and catch a guy repeatedly, he is going to say you're a camper. The great thing is both campers and defenders can be dealt with via the scan ability and satchels or frags.

Well said. "Holding a position" and "camping" are often seen as the same thing, unfortunately.
Eos
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3570k Asus Maximus V Gene MSI GTX 680 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
RAID 0 1TB DVD-R Corsair H100i Windows 7 Ultimate x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
30" 2560*1600 Corsair K60 Corsair TX850 Silverstone Temjin TJ08-E 
Mouse
Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
Eos
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3570k Asus Maximus V Gene MSI GTX 680 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
RAID 0 1TB DVD-R Corsair H100i Windows 7 Ultimate x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
30" 2560*1600 Corsair K60 Corsair TX850 Silverstone Temjin TJ08-E 
Mouse
Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1540 of 3127
i say this might just be me but 60 bucks for this game seems a little high considering the actual content it has. there realy isnt a lot of customization options in my opinion. from what i saw in my short play time. does anyone know about future content for this game. dlc's and maybe some weapons packs. just curiouse.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming

Gear mentioned in this thread:

Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] TITANFALL Information & Discussion Thread