Overclock.net banner

Nvidia works on new driver user interface

416 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Dman 
#1 ·
For all you Nvidia people :

Quote:

WE KNOW that Nvidia's driver team was criticised for its last driver user interface as it's probably the most illogical peace of system software. It remembers some steps you do and makes some stuff very difficult to find. Well this will change, thanks god.

Nvidia is working hard to fix this mistake. The biggest complaint we had with the driver in the lab was that it forces German language on German Windows even when we wanted an English one, and it has something called "recent tasks".

This is probably the biggest problem of this driver as it remembers the options you use frequently and it summons them and lists them when you don't want them. It also hides some other options and makes them harder to find. We avoided this control panel as much as we could but the new one will change the face of the driver.

Here : http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=36740

See less See more
#2 ·
Good. I'll stick to the classic control panel untill they release this new interface. The current one is horrible.

#3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chipp
View Post

Good. I'll stick to the classic control panel untill they release this new interface. The current one is horrible.

I agree. Even ATI's driver looks more attractive.

#5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sideburns
View Post

what's wrong with the classic one? It doesn't need to look pretty...it just needs to work. How often do you really look at it, anyways?

I agree. Classic does what it's supposed to with no problems. If the new interface is all fancy, I won't use it, either.

#7 ·
Meh the only problem I have with the latest drivers for my card is that they lock up the computer when I try to watch mpeg movies on it. Rolling back to 91.45 fixed it, but the amount of bugs in these new ones are the only problem I have with them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.