Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › AMD Kaveri A10-7850K Overclock Guide
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AMD Kaveri A10-7850K Overclock Guide - Page 40

post #391 of 1332
Hi guys. My setup is this:
Motherboard : ASRock FM2A88X-ITX+
CPU : A10-7850k
RAM : g.skill 2x4gb 2400
GPU : XFX R7 250 2GB ddr3
HDD: Kingston SSD v300 128gb.
CPU Cooler : scythe kozouti
OS: Windows 8.1 pro
Catalyst 14.2

Can anyone with similar setup provide overclock info? No matter what I try system becomes unstable. Another question I have is about mantle and dual graphics. When I have dual graphics enabled and I play with directx I get around 45-55 fps. I have enabled the option in ccc to view dual graphics logo and with directx I do see the logo when I play bf4. If I switch to mantle I get 30-33 fps and the dual graphics logo does not appear. Does this mean that dual graphics is not working in mantle or just frames are low?

After a clean Windows install I only installed the 14.2 drivers. Should I have installed the kavery 13.x drivers as well?

Thank you in advance.
post #392 of 1332
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkZ View Post

Thought you'd find these results interesting. All Fire Strike runs used the same system settings other than specified memory changes.

1Gb UMA DDR3-1600 9 - 9 - 9 | 1394
1Gb UMA DDR3-2400 11-13-13 | 1631
2Gb UMA DDR3-2400 11-13-13 | 1621

Heres mine: 1759 cpu 4.2 1.35125 +.0175 offset actual full load 1.344 vcore normal LLC, iGPU 960 2gb UMA, NB 2000 1.2125 +.0575 offset normal LLC actual UNKNOWN , ddr3 2400 9-11-11-31 1T, 14.2 beta driver

Need a way to measure actual load NB core!

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/1835612 For whatever reason the GPU clock does not stay at a constant during the 3 gpu tests but dips throughout. On stock it stays at a constant 720 so this also may be driver related. Even tried higher NB core

I thought everyone did benches on extreme. I know for Valley everyone compares extreme

CPU-Z http://valid.canardpc.com/f1adlq

Edited by drnilly007 - 3/8/14 at 10:02pm
Fresh Phenom 007
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790k ASUS Maximus Impact 7 GTX 470 G.Skill Trident 2400 Cas 9 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Plextor M5 Western Digital 2.5" D5 Custom Loop Windows 8 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
50" HDTV Logitech K400R Silverstone SX-600-G Bitfenix Phenom M 
  hide details  
Reply
Fresh Phenom 007
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790k ASUS Maximus Impact 7 GTX 470 G.Skill Trident 2400 Cas 9 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Plextor M5 Western Digital 2.5" D5 Custom Loop Windows 8 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
50" HDTV Logitech K400R Silverstone SX-600-G Bitfenix Phenom M 
  hide details  
Reply
post #393 of 1332
Quote:
Originally Posted by drnilly007 View Post


I thought everyone did benches on extreme. I know for Valley everyone compares extreme

No sence in running extreme tests just because they use MSAA and it highly loads our slow memory and FPS seriously drops down.
Also no need in UMA more than 1 gb unless you are using FHD(or bigger resolution monitor) with MSAA enabled
(totally no speedup after 768mb on my 1680*1050 monitor with no MSAA)
post #394 of 1332
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbitRu View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by drnilly007 View Post


I thought everyone did benches on extreme. I know for Valley everyone compares extreme

No sence in running extreme tests just because they use MSAA and it highly loads our slow memory and FPS seriously drops down.
Also no need in UMA more than 1 gb unless you are using FHD(or bigger resolution monitor) with MSAA enabled
(totally no speedup after 768mb on my 1680*1050 monitor with no MSAA)

Yes at your res you need less uma.

I wonder if the NB frequency correlates with uma size like gpu bit sizes.

Like the 660ti which is 192 bit and works well with 2gb ram but the 3gb variants don't because of incorrect division of the 192 bit bus x ram.

I run some more tests tonite with 1gb uma and various uma sizes on 1900 nb
Fresh Phenom 007
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790k ASUS Maximus Impact 7 GTX 470 G.Skill Trident 2400 Cas 9 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Plextor M5 Western Digital 2.5" D5 Custom Loop Windows 8 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
50" HDTV Logitech K400R Silverstone SX-600-G Bitfenix Phenom M 
  hide details  
Reply
Fresh Phenom 007
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790k ASUS Maximus Impact 7 GTX 470 G.Skill Trident 2400 Cas 9 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Plextor M5 Western Digital 2.5" D5 Custom Loop Windows 8 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
50" HDTV Logitech K400R Silverstone SX-600-G Bitfenix Phenom M 
  hide details  
Reply
post #395 of 1332
Offtopic,question to drnilly007 (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drnilly007 View Post

I wonder if the NB frequency correlates with uma size like gpu bit sizes.

Like the 660ti which is 192 bit and works well with 2gb ram but the 3gb variants don't because of incorrect division of the 192 bit bus x ram.

I run some more tests tonite with 1gb uma and various uma sizes on 1900 nb
For me, as a student studying computer science, it sounds really strange,can I get a proof?
3gb\192b=3*1024*1024*1024*8b\192bits =134217708
2gb\192b=89478472
Both divisible without remainder
Well if there was correlation then it must be between 128bit memory bus and the size of UMA, or between memory\nb clocks.
I keep my CPU 4ghz,NB 2ghz,memory 2400mhz and iGPU 800mhz,everything divides by 400,cant see some magic boost throught

I tested my memory BW with aida 64,best score was with 2100mhz nb & 2520mhz DDR3 11-13-12 ,about 23500mb\sec read
post #396 of 1332
Quote:
Originally Posted by drnilly007 View Post

Heres mine: 1759 cpu 4.2 1.35125 +.0175 offset actual full load 1.344 vcore normal LLC, iGPU 960 2gb UMA, NB 2000 1.2125 +.0575 offset normal LLC actual UNKNOWN , ddr3 2400 9-11-11-31 1T, 14.2 beta driver

Need a way to measure actual load NB core!

With you on the actual measurements... so I wasn't able to stay 100% stable throughout at 4.5/960/2400, but it's a memory issue. I'm stable running 2x4GB, but not (2x)2x4GB of identical sticks, which happens. I'm more surprised that the XMP profiles are different for one set of my RAM than for the other, when they are the same according to the manufacturer... the timings aren't consistent with advertised numbers, might just be faulty ram...will be running Memtest on it soon but still annoying. I'll post all validations and such later, just running benches while I study for exams!
post #397 of 1332
I have the A88X AsRock Extreme6+ mobo and ADAT 16Gig 2400 Ram... I had had a nightmare of a time with the BIOS, restarting, error codes, and general stableness the first couple days after installing the mobo. That is after I RMA'd replaced a DOA board. 2 Weeks of waiting... Anyhow, I used the UEFI internet BIOS update after getting tired of being PWNED. It updated (switched country) and has been stable. I was even able to use the XMP profile to get my RAM to 2400. The timings are on spec too. The problem is OC. My CPU freezes if I go too high. I thought I could have this unlocked APU climbing the OC, but .. meh. Don't know how to do it right. I am able to use A-Tuning software and have a stable 4.3.

Here is my cpuZ validation

I was planning to use my 7790 as a Dual Graphic set up, but my system gets totally unstable, and it won't work. I tried to bypass the R7 for the 7790 OC, but have had more stuttering and frame rates problem on BF4.

I hate being frantic spending the day troubleshooting. I like what I have.. It's a beautiful mobo.. (painted my case, got a Titan CPU heatsink.) biggrin.gif I think that since it is stable for now, I might keep it this way until I can afford a very large gfx card.
post #398 of 1332
Quote:
Originally Posted by yraith View Post

I have the A88X AsRock Extreme6+ mobo and ADAT 16Gig 2400 Ram... I had had a nightmare of a time with the BIOS, restarting, error codes, and general stableness the first couple days after installing the mobo. That is after I RMA'd replaced a DOA board. 2 Weeks of waiting... Anyhow, I used the UEFI internet BIOS update after getting tired of being PWNED. It updated (switched country) and has been stable. I was even able to use the XMP profile to get my RAM to 2400. The timings are on spec too. The problem is OC. My CPU freezes if I go too high. I thought I could have this unlocked APU climbing the OC, but .. meh. Don't know how to do it right. I am able to use A-Tuning software and have a stable 4.3.

Here is my cpuZ validation

I was planning to use my 7790 as a Dual Graphic set up, but my system gets totally unstable, and it won't work. I tried to bypass the R7 for the 7790 OC, but have had more stuttering and frame rates problem on BF4.

I hate being frantic spending the day troubleshooting. I like what I have.. It's a beautiful mobo.. (painted my case, got a Titan CPU heatsink.) biggrin.gif I think that since it is stable for now, I might keep it this way until I can afford a very large gfx card.

Not familiar with ASRock boards, but have you tried to avoid software tuning and do it right from the BIOS? I know you said you don't know how to do it right, so just curious...

Edit: Also, is the 7790 even supported for Dual Graphics? I know the 260x isn't according to the AMD rep that got back to me..
Edited by MrMamba - 3/9/14 at 6:42pm
post #399 of 1332
A88X AsRock Extreme6+, its VRM cooler is way to small, throw a fan over it and that otta help a bit.
post #400 of 1332
http://1drv.ms/1dGssPj

This is my new rig... I painted the screens on my Rosewill Blackhawk copper.

So, the VRMs are too small? Hmm....

I have tried from the BIOS, but the unstableness when it doesn't work, which is very often, is very frustrating.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › AMD Kaveri A10-7850K Overclock Guide