Originally Posted by bigvaL
Static electricity is not as bad as what people think. I've shocked a running mobo very hard before by accident. I went to touch the HS on my nf2 board and missed somehow, which led to a massive static charge letting go on the board. Nothing happened. I am not scared of ESD.
Beat this: I had a 3 to molex pin converter, where you plug the PSU molex into the converter and plug the fan into the 3 pin end of the converter. I had the thing plugged into the PSU without the fan connected to the 3-pin end (male) of the converter. I got curious and touched the 3 pins to the INSIDE of my case. I heard and saw a huge spark. My HDD spun up and i was scared something just fried. Nothing did thankfully lol
(i'll never do something so stupid again).