Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Air Cooling › CRYORIG Fan & Cooler Club; R1 Ult, R1 Uni, C1, H5, XF140 & XT140 and all things Cryorig
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

CRYORIG Fan & Cooler Club; R1 Ult, R1 Uni, C1, H5, XF140 & XT140 and all things Cryorig - Page 180

post #1791 of 3719
@doyll Yep, no fans at all. Apart from the PSU one which is bottom mounted though. There was no GPU mounted and the parts were:

4670k at stock speed and @4.2Ghz
Asrock z87m Extreme4
Be Quiet Straight Power 580w

The case was a cheap Zalman Z4 without side panel. However it was very weird that all three fans gave similar results. Is it because there were no other fans, or because I removed the side panel?
post #1792 of 3719
Thread Starter 
Probably a combination of both no side panel and no case fans. I've never tried analyzing airflow in that sort of setup.
post #1793 of 3719
Does Cryorig make non-PWM fans? I ask because I want to use them as my case fan but hook them up to a fan controller that uses voltage to control RPMs. Typically, fan controllers and PWM fans don't play nice together.

If they don't, I guess I could cut the PWM wire.
post #1794 of 3719
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffhi View Post

Does Cryorig make non-PWM fans? I ask because I want to use them as my case fan but hook them up to a fan controller that uses voltage to control RPMs. Typically, fan controllers and PWM fans don't play nice together.

If they don't, I guess I could cut the PWM wire.

Cryrig's fans have no issues being controlled by voltage. There is never a need to cut the PWM wire - it isn't connected to anything on a voltage regulated header.
post #1795 of 3719
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciarlatano View Post

Cryrig's fans have no issues being controlled by voltage. There is never a need to cut the PWM wire - it isn't connected to anything on a voltage regulated header.
I'll add that many 4-pin headers are only 3-pin variable voltage and the 4th-pin is not hooked to anything. thumb.gif
post #1796 of 3719
Thanks for the info guys. One last Q ... which is the better radiator fan? The silent, balanced or performance?
post #1797 of 3719
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffhi View Post

Thanks for the info guys. One last Q ... which is the better radiator fan? The silent, balanced or performance?

The Performance would be the best of the three for a radiator application.
post #1798 of 3719
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffhi View Post

Thanks for the info guys. One last Q ... which is the better radiator fan? The silent, balanced or performance?

At the same fan speed, they will perform the same. The only difference between the three are the ranges of operation with the silent having a lower min/max rated RPM compared to the balanced which in turn has the same compared to the performance edition. If you have PWM control at your disposal, go with the performance version and set up a custom fan curve.
post #1799 of 3719
Does anyone else have a problem with the black paint on the fins flaking off of the R1 Universal? It seems way to fragile and I can't imagine what it would look like after a cleaning. I ordered from Newegg and I noticed that the box flaps were sticking out so I'm wondering if I received a return or not. Regardless, I'm not impressed.
post #1800 of 3719
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealjustin View Post

Does anyone else have a problem with the black paint on the fins flaking off of the R1 Universal? It seems way to fragile and I can't imagine what it would look like after a cleaning. I ordered from Newegg and I noticed that the box flaps were sticking out so I'm wondering if I received a return or not. Regardless, I'm not impressed.

I've handled 4 R1s and none has had flaking paint like you're describing. I would suggest returning it and getting another one. Probably got opened along the way and someone/something messed it up.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Air Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Air Cooling › CRYORIG Fan & Cooler Club; R1 Ult, R1 Uni, C1, H5, XF140 & XT140 and all things Cryorig