Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Air Cooling › CRYORIG Fan & Cooler Club; R1 Ult, R1 Uni, C1, H5, XF140 & XT140 and all things Cryorig
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

CRYORIG Fan & Cooler Club; R1 Ult, R1 Uni, C1, H5, XF140 & XT140 and all things Cryorig - Page 246

post #2451 of 3718
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amilitos View Post

I am looking to buy H5 Universal but i am not sure if my mobo can fit it, I have Msi H81m-p33 and i am afraid it may bock my Pci-e x16 slot.

If anyone know if it will fit or not would be really helpful!
A quick look at your motherboard shows about 75mm from center CPU to near side of PCIe socket and 51mm to near side of RAM socket. Assuming the back your graphics card does not protrude farther toward CPU then the socket it is in you should be able to use the H5. Here are drawings of both H5 and H7
post #2452 of 3718
just gotten this cryorig H5 smile.gif really pleased with it

post #2453 of 3718
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyll View Post

A quick look at your motherboard shows about 75mm from center CPU to near side of PCIe socket and 51mm to near side of RAM socket. Assuming the back your graphics card does not protrude farther toward CPU then the socket it is in you should be able to use the H5. Here are drawings of both H5 and H7

If this is true i am really happy because of the H5 price is rly nice! Just one question, where you get the info of the Cpu-Pcie dstance?
post #2454 of 3718
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amilitos View Post

If this is true i am really happy because of the H5 price is rly nice! Just one question, where you get the info of the Cpu-Pcie dstance?
I download a top view of motherboard and scale the distances based on the 75mm spacing of cooler mounitng holes. On yours that is between 73.6mm to near side of socket and 76mm to near side of PCIe socket slot.

So while it's not a good as actually having the motherboard to measure, it's pretty accurate. The H5 is 143mm wide to the outsides of it's plastic top and bottom covers, so sides of actual cooler are a few mm less. The only thing that is as wide is the fan clip, and if needed you could insulate the one on GPU side. I just re-measured my H5 Universal cooler and it is 144 total so 72mm from center to edge of fan clip. Keep in mind the Universal (as in dimensional drawing) has the 13mm thick fan, not the 25mm thick one. H5 Ultimate is 57.2mm center CPU to front of fan.


What GPU are you using?
post #2455 of 3718
After more than 1 month I have re-pasted & remounted H7 with AS5 and Cryorig stock paste and I am still getting high temps. I will be getting Noctua D15S depending on how many fan i use i should only see 3.6C to 5.6C temperature improvement if I get anything more or god forbid 20C difference then there is definitely something wrong with H7. I think I have an idea but I don't want to speculate right now. I'll wait until D15S arrives

BTW, apparently I am not the only one having issue with H7
Edited by Damasterjj - 7/2/16 at 11:04pm
post #2456 of 3718
Mx4 or cp9 for h5 ?
post #2457 of 3718
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damasterjj View Post

6700K with 4.5 OC with prime 95 28.7 small FFT. seems impossible without hitting 80+C? Right now I can do 4.4 with same test below 80C.

do you think adding a second fan will help?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damasterjj View Post

After more than 1 month I have re-pasted & remounted H7 with AS5 and Cryorig stock paste and I am still getting high temps. I will be getting Noctua D15S depending on how many fan i use i should only see 3.6C to 5.6C temperature improvement if I get anything more or god forbid 20C difference then there is definitely something wrong with H7. I think I have an idea but I don't want to speculate right now. I'll wait until D15S arrives

BTW, apparently I am not the only one having issue with H7

Your temperatures sound pretty reasonable to me for Prime 95 with a Skylake CPU at that level of overclock. What voltage are you using? I suspect that you are overestimating the H7, its the baby of the Cryorig towers, and 80C isnt all that bad at all.

According to TPU the NHD15 S should be around 10c better then the H7 on an open bench, it should be it has a lot more surface area and twice the heatpipes. Its in a different class of cooler, like the R1 Ultimate and Universal.

post #2458 of 3718
Quote:
Originally Posted by jopy View Post

Mx4 or cp9 for h5 ?

Ive used both, MX4 spreads a bit easier but the temps are the same as CP9.
Edited by Slink3Slyde - 7/3/16 at 2:17am
post #2459 of 3718
Okay thanks, ill use mx4, still have half a tube left from 2 years back lol.

I prefera the easier way smile.gif
post #2460 of 3718
Quote:
Originally Posted by jopy View Post

Okay thanks, ill use mx4, still have half a tube left from 2 years back lol.

I prefera the easier way smile.gif

CP9 spreads just fine under the weight of the cooler as well, but it really didnt make much difference for me with either paste. GL smile.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Air Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Air Cooling › CRYORIG Fan & Cooler Club; R1 Ult, R1 Uni, C1, H5, XF140 & XT140 and all things Cryorig