Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Air Cooling › CRYORIG Fan & Cooler Club; R1 Ult, R1 Uni, C1, H5, XF140 & XT140 and all things Cryorig
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

CRYORIG Fan & Cooler Club; R1 Ult, R1 Uni, C1, H5, XF140 & XT140 and all things Cryorig - Page 251

post #2501 of 3698
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damasterjj View Post

Like I said I've re seat this thing like 10 times waited days or weeks for thermal paste cure time to see if temps will improve.
And ranted, raved, moaned, whined about it, and now after over 16 weeks finally emails Cryorig?
Sorry, but that is way too much noise and way too little effort toward contacting them.
post #2502 of 3698
Can I just order directly from Cryorig? Im in Canada and their stuff isnt availible for purchace anywhere. I really need a good heatsink to replace my Noctua D9L in my main build as im putting it in my ITX file server
post #2503 of 3698
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyll View Post

And ranted, raved, moaned, whined about it, and now after over 16 weeks finally emails Cryorig?
Sorry, but that is way too much noise and way too little effort toward contacting them.


I expect a product to be working once i receive it. before you will telling me it was user error like bad mounting etc. now you have seem to have conceited that I had a bad product.
post #2504 of 3698
Quote:
Originally Posted by kishagi View Post

Can I just order directly from Cryorig? Im in Canada and their stuff isnt availible for purchace anywhere. I really need a good heatsink to replace my Noctua D9L in my main build as im putting it in my ITX file server

Yup, just give fire off an email to them and they're pretty responsive about such things smile.gif
JägerWulfe
(19 items)
 
 
Gigadestroyer
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4770K Gigabyte Z87X-OC MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G Golden Edition G.Skill Triden-X 16GB DDR3-2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate 2TB SATA3 Maxtor 2TB Black LG DVD-RW Cryorig R1 ultimate 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit BenQ VP2210 BenQ VP2210 Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA SuperNova 1000G2 NZXT Phantom 820 Black Roccat Nyth Steel Series Worgen 
AudioAudioAudio
JDS Labs O2 + ODAC Rev.B AKG K712 Audio Technica ATH-M50X 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k Maximus V Formula EVGA GTX 780 Classified Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Kingston 64GB SSDnow 200 CoolerMaster MasterLiquid Pro 240 Windows 7 64 Bit Dell E2213H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 v2 EVGA 1000w G2 Open Bench Table Corsair M95 
Mouse Pad
3' wide battle mat 
  hide details  
Reply
JägerWulfe
(19 items)
 
 
Gigadestroyer
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4770K Gigabyte Z87X-OC MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G Golden Edition G.Skill Triden-X 16GB DDR3-2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate 2TB SATA3 Maxtor 2TB Black LG DVD-RW Cryorig R1 ultimate 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit BenQ VP2210 BenQ VP2210 Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA SuperNova 1000G2 NZXT Phantom 820 Black Roccat Nyth Steel Series Worgen 
AudioAudioAudio
JDS Labs O2 + ODAC Rev.B AKG K712 Audio Technica ATH-M50X 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k Maximus V Formula EVGA GTX 780 Classified Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Kingston 64GB SSDnow 200 CoolerMaster MasterLiquid Pro 240 Windows 7 64 Bit Dell E2213H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 v2 EVGA 1000w G2 Open Bench Table Corsair M95 
Mouse Pad
3' wide battle mat 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2505 of 3698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damasterjj View Post

I expect a product to be working once i receive it. before you will telling me it was user error like bad mounting etc. now you have seem to have conceited that I had a bad product.

Probably because user error is the problem 99% of the time. You just had bad luck and got an extremely uncommon malfunctionong heatsink.

I can happen with any hardware, even if there's decent QC.
post #2506 of 3698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damasterjj View Post

Like I said I've re seat this thing like 10 times waited days or weeks for thermal paste cure time to see if temps will improve.
You dont need to cure thermal paste unless you used AS5. You see how temps are right away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damasterjj View Post

I expect a product to be working once i receive it. before you will telling me it was user error like bad mounting etc. now you have seem to have conceited that I had a bad product.
No one is ever guaranteed a product will work right away. Hence why you have a return policy mostly within 30 days.

I agree all this long wait times and problems is just not a good way to do this.
I suggest to take the H7 and install it in another PC to get a better result. You have a D14, which is not in the same class from H7/Hyper 212. So you can't even compare those.
What were the temps coming from 212, you have not even told us?
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3770k @ 4.2Ghz Asus Z77 Sabertooth EVGA GTX1060 3GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB BLT2K8G3D1608ET... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial MX100 512GB Corsair Force 115GB WD Green 1TB WD Green 2TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cryorig C1 + XT140 Win7 64 Home SP1 ASUS VE278Q CM Storm Trigger Brown Switch 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX650 NZXT S340 Logitech G500 Razer Goliathus Extended Mouse Pad - Speed 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Audiotrak Prodigy Cube DAC Edifier S330D 2.1 Speaker Bose AE2 Headphone Superlux 668B Headphone 
AudioAudioOtherOther
Logitech UE 4000 Headphone Sennheiser PC320 Headset MX-4 Thermal Paste (CPU/GPU) 3x 140mm Noctua NF-P14s Redux 1200rpm PWM 
OtherOther
1x 120mm Noctua NF-S12B Redux 1200rpm PWM NZXT 2m Sleeved White LED 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3770k @ 4.2Ghz Asus Z77 Sabertooth EVGA GTX1060 3GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB BLT2K8G3D1608ET... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial MX100 512GB Corsair Force 115GB WD Green 1TB WD Green 2TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cryorig C1 + XT140 Win7 64 Home SP1 ASUS VE278Q CM Storm Trigger Brown Switch 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX650 NZXT S340 Logitech G500 Razer Goliathus Extended Mouse Pad - Speed 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Audiotrak Prodigy Cube DAC Edifier S330D 2.1 Speaker Bose AE2 Headphone Superlux 668B Headphone 
AudioAudioOtherOther
Logitech UE 4000 Headphone Sennheiser PC320 Headset MX-4 Thermal Paste (CPU/GPU) 3x 140mm Noctua NF-P14s Redux 1200rpm PWM 
OtherOther
1x 120mm Noctua NF-S12B Redux 1200rpm PWM NZXT 2m Sleeved White LED 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2507 of 3698
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damasterjj View Post

I expect a product to be working once i receive it. before you will telling me it was user error like bad mounting etc. now you have seem to have conceited that I had a bad product.
No, I've never stated it was definitely user error, and I am not now conceding it is a defective cooler. While the chances of it being user error rather than a defective cooler, it is far more often user error then defective cooler.

The fact you never even tried talking to Cryorig until now seems to indicate you also thought it was you rather then the cooler.
post #2508 of 3698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilles3000 View Post

Probably because user error is the problem 99% of the time. You just had bad luck and got an extremely uncommon malfunctionong heatsink.

I can happen with any hardware, even if there's decent QC.

Yeah that's ture
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp33d Junki3 View Post

You dont need to cure thermal paste unless you used AS5. You see how temps are right away.
No one is ever guaranteed a product will work right away. Hence why you have a return policy mostly within 30 days.

I agree all this long wait times and problems is just not a good way to do this.
I suggest to take the H7 and install it in another PC to get a better result. You have a D14, which is not in the same class from H7/Hyper 212. So you can't even compare those.
What were the temps coming from 212, you have not even told us?

I was using AS5 the first few times I mounted so I couldn't tell if the mount was good or not. I switch cryorig paste temps was good right away I'd say better evo 212 but slowly increase after like 1 week. thats when i got 19 C to 90C 1 second after starting prime 95 SFFT. I know that prime 28.7 is very hot for skylake cpu. usually when I have evo 212 it would reach 84C to 87C in about 5 min. I was hoping to get couple of degrees less than evo thats all I wanted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyll View Post

No, I've never stated it was definitely user error, and I am not now conceding it is a defective cooler. While the chances of it being user error rather than a defective cooler, it is far more often user error then defective cooler.

The fact you never even tried talking to Cryorig until now seems to indicate you also thought it was you rather then the cooler.

yeah I'm giving cryorig the benefit of a doubt, why do you think I mounted so Manny times.
post #2509 of 3698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damasterjj View Post

Yeah that's ture
I was using AS5 the first few times I mounted so I couldn't tell if the mount was good or not. I switch cryorig paste temps was good right away I'd say better evo 212 but slowly increase after like 1 week. thats when i got 19 C to 90C 1 second after starting prime 95 SFFT. I know that prime 28.7 is very hot for skylake cpu. usually when I have evo 212 it would reach 84C to 87C in about 5 min. I was hoping to get couple of degrees less than evo thats all I wanted.
yeah I'm giving cryorig the benefit of a doubt, why do you think I mounted so Manny times.

Hey everyone, it's Steve here! Me and my team have been following the thread and also of this issue. My initial thoughts was also a bad mount, but I could be wrong. Either way we are more than happy to provide direct assistance through our support team support@cryorig.com. We do have rules regarding RMA and returns, but in this case we are genuinely curious of what exactly went wrong with your H7 and will be willing to swap you with a new one. Please private message me or write directly to support mail, I have informed the support team to keep an eye out for your email.

The scratches on the base is actually not the copper base being dented, but the nickle-plating being scratched up by IHS's corners. Like mentioned to have the actual copper being dented would more likely kill the PCB first.

In all, we want our users to be happy with what they bought. To us, it's more important that we can find out why your product is not performing up to par then to define who's fault is it. So it could be a flaw in the mounting (ie. one screw having bad threads) causing a difficult and ultimately poor mount. Or it could be your mainboard's screw holes a fraction of mm too small, it's all possible.

As mentioned heatsinks don't really fail, failure rate is something well under 1%. Most of the time it's fan, mounting pieces (screws and bolts) and of course human error. So don't feel bullied when other users try to first point out the most common points of failure either, it's just logical to start from there.
post #2510 of 3698
Hey Steve wave2.gif

I'll ask what I bet you have been getting asked for a while now- what's the latest you can share on the Cryorig Z1?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Air Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Air Cooling › CRYORIG Fan & Cooler Club; R1 Ult, R1 Uni, C1, H5, XF140 & XT140 and all things Cryorig