Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Air Cooling › CRYORIG Fan & Cooler Club; R1 Ult, R1 Uni, C1, H5, XF140 & XT140 and all things Cryorig
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

CRYORIG Fan & Cooler Club; R1 Ult, R1 Uni, C1, H5, XF140 & XT140 and all things Cryorig - Page 256

post #2551 of 3698
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapkct View Post

The stock black frame/white bladed 140mms that comes with those cases? I actually have four of them in a Define R5 right now.

Those would be the ones.
post #2552 of 3698
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapkct View Post

The stock black frame/white bladed 140mms that comes with those cases? I actually have four of them in a Define R5 right now.
Like ciarlatano said, those are the ones. They do a great job.
post #2553 of 3698
Hello again!

I've been reading through the information in this thread about the R1 Ultimate, I'm still have trouble finding a memory kit that will fit that 31.5mm height. The corsair LPX low profiles look like they might bit but I'm unsure. Any X99 users with all 8 dimms filled with the R1 ulti???
post #2554 of 3698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgaur View Post

Hello again!

I've been reading through the information in this thread about the R1 Ultimate, I'm still have trouble finding a memory kit that will fit that 31.5mm height. The corsair LPX low profiles look like they might bit but I'm unsure. Any X99 users with all 8 dimms filled with the R1 ulti???

The Corsair LPX are 31mm, so they should fit. There's there HyperX Fury too, those are about the only 8x kits that 31.5mm or lower.

Off topic: :Do you really need 8 dimms though, its nothing but trouble unless you really need that 128GB+ RAM.
post #2555 of 3698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilles3000 View Post

The Corsair LPX are 31mm, so they should fit. There's there HyperX Fury too, those are about the only 8x kits that 31.5mm or lower.

Off topic: :Do you really need 8 dimms though, its nothing but trouble unless you really need that 128GB+ RAM.


I Got Kingston HyperX Savage ram under the R1 Ultimate in this one

post #2556 of 3698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilles3000 View Post

The Corsair LPX are 31mm, so they should fit. There's there HyperX Fury too, those are about the only 8x kits that 31.5mm or lower.

Off topic: :Do you really need 8 dimms though, its nothing but trouble unless you really need that 128GB+ RAM.

I was thinking of doing 64 gb 8x8 kit, but not sure I would use all 64. Now with 32 I can push that VM's CAD software, and other server tie ins. But currently Im maxing out 12 by a large margin, gotta love X58 biggrin.gif

Thanks for the LPX confirmation I'll likely go with those thumb.gif
post #2557 of 3698
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgaur View Post

I was thinking of doing 64 gb 8x8 kit, but not sure I would use all 64. Now with 32 I can push that VM's CAD software, and other server tie ins. But currently Im maxing out 12 by a large margin, gotta love X58 biggrin.gif

Thanks for the LPX confirmation I'll likely go with those thumb.gif
52mm from center of CPU to RAM socket has 31.5mm RAM clearance to heatpipe. In other words RAM 31.5 tall and as wide as RAM socket should fit. I think LPX is 31mm tall. I don't know how thick it is, but I don't think it's as thick as a RAM socket.

This drawing is also in opening post. wink.gif


I thought X58 would use up to 48GB?
Edited by doyll - 7/27/16 at 12:46am
post #2558 of 3698
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyll View Post

52mm from center of CPU to RAM socket has 31.5mm RAM clearance to heatpipe. In other words RAM 31.5 tall and as wide as RAM socket should fit. I think LPX is 31mm tall. I don't know how thick it is, but I don't think it's as thick as a RAM socket.

This drawing is also in opening post. wink.gif


I thought X58 would use up to 48GB?

They do which is why im upgrading my setup, getting hard to find the kit im using to match with the xeons. Thanks again for this information everyone! thumb.gif
post #2559 of 3698
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgaur View Post

They do which is why im upgrading my setup, getting hard to find the kit im using to match with the xeons. Thanks again for this information everyone! thumb.gif
Indeed, DDR3 for X58 is like hens' teeth. biggrin.gif
post #2560 of 3698
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyll View Post

Indeed, DDR3 for X58 is like hens' teeth. biggrin.gif

I think I'll just do 1 set of 32 gb, and see my usage as well as if another set really fits biggrin.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Air Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Air Cooling › CRYORIG Fan & Cooler Club; R1 Ult, R1 Uni, C1, H5, XF140 & XT140 and all things Cryorig