Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Air Cooling › CRYORIG Fan & Cooler Club; R1 Ult, R1 Uni, C1, H5, XF140 & XT140 and all things Cryorig
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

CRYORIG Fan & Cooler Club; R1 Ult, R1 Uni, C1, H5, XF140 & XT140 and all things Cryorig - Page 269

post #2681 of 3742
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by goonerGG View Post

Hey guys,

I just installed the Cryorig R1 Universal since I want to overclock my cpu which is the i7 950 but I believe there is something wrong with the temperatures.
OCCT Results : Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

As you can see, I'm around 60° which I think is quite high, I didn't overclock it yet.
After reading this review : http://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/cases_cooling/cpu_air_cooler_mega_test/3 , I expected lower temperatures to be honest.
My case is the Phanteks Enthoo Pro by the way.

What do you guys think ?

Thanks
This is a classic 'my cats is taller than the flower pot. How tall is my cat?' I have no idea how tall you cat is because flower pots come in many sizes. biggrin.gif

60c sounds on the warm side if your room is 21c and the air gong into cooler is 24c (36c delta). But we have no idea what your room temp is or more importantly what your cooler intake air temp is. If your room is 25c and your case is not flowing air properly the cooler intake cold be 40c which means CPU is only 20c warmer than the air going into cooler .. and that is very cool .. as in very good cooler performance. You might find 2nd or 5th post in 'Ways to Better Cooling" link in my sig of interest.

Your images are rather small and I can't really read them but if that is a 15 minute graph it would appear the load temp never stabilized., it is slowing getting hotter and hotter. My experience is in a case with optimized airflow both high and low temps stabilize in a couple minutes .. like in this graph

Edited by doyll - 8/25/16 at 1:51am
post #2682 of 3742
Thread Starter 
dbl post
Edited by doyll - 8/24/16 at 8:38pm
post #2683 of 3742
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyll View Post

dbl post

I liked the 2nd one better. Simpler. Easier to read. But now lost forever. tongue.gif
post #2684 of 3742
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroCat View Post

I liked the 2nd one better. Simpler. Easier to read. But now lost forever. tongue.gif
What was it better? Same image with this wording.
Quote:
While 60c sounds on the warm side, we really don't know what is causing it. Your images are so small it's hard to read the data. We need to know what the cooler intake air temp is. Then we can subtract that temp from the CPU temp and know how what the difference is. You might find 'Ways to Better Cooling" link in my sig of interest. 5th post is about case airlfow . 1st post is index, click on topic to see it, but if that is a 15 minute graph it would appear the load temp never stabilized., but was slowing getting hotter and hotter. My experience is in a case with optimized airflow both high and low temps stabilize in a couple minutes .. like in this graph
Is it because I didn't say my cat is bigger in 2nd one?tongue.gif
Edited by doyll - 8/25/16 at 1:53am
post #2685 of 3742
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyll View Post

What was it better? Same image with this wording.
Is it because I didn't say my cat is bigger in 2nd one?tongue.gif

It was the abbreviation, which is indeterminably too long a word to express the skimpy succinctness. Time for a cat nap. smile.gif
post #2686 of 3742
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroCat View Post

Temps seem a tad high. Is this after a single mount? Or many?

What is the ambient temp and the cooler intake temp? What voltage is the 950 running at? Which Motherboard?

Off topic, but depending on the MB, could swap out the 950 for a sub-$100 hexcore 95W 56xx Xeon and get much better performance at higher clocks with lower temps than the quad 140W 950.

I think @doyll still runs a Bloomfield (for historical purposes) and might chime in with his 45nm insights.

It's after a single mount, the ambient temp was 25c, the 950 was running at 1.29 vcore and the motherboard is the DX58S0.
Unfortunately, I can't get a Xeon because of my mb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doyll View Post

This is a classic 'my cats is taller than the flower pot. How tall is my cat?' I have no idea how tall you cat is because flower pots come in many sizes. biggrin.gif

60c sounds on the warm side if your room is 21c and the air gong into cooler is 24c (36c delta). But we have no idea what your room temp is or more importantly what your cooler intake air temp is. If your room is 25c and your case is not flowing air properly the cooler intake cold be 40c which means CPU is only 20c warmer than the air going into cooler .. and that is very cool .. as in very good cooler performance. You might find 2nd or 5th post in 'Ways to Better Cooling" link in my sig of interest.

Your images are rather small and I can't really read them but if that is a 15 minute graph it would appear the load temp never stabilized., it is slowing getting hotter and hotter. My experience is in a case with optimized airflow both high and low temps stabilize in a couple minutes .. like in this graph

Sorry for the images, I don't know why they're so small, updated my message with the gallery link, it should be fine now.
How can I find out my cooler intake air temp ?
post #2687 of 3742
It seems like Overclockers in the UK could be stocking Cryorig products, I asked them why they don't sell their CPU coolers, and they replied
Quote:
We are currently working on getting the stock. We are waiting a reply from Cryorig regarding stock. I can not give an ETA at this moment in time but we will hopefully be listing them.
post #2688 of 3742
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvFan123 View Post

It seems like Overclockers in the UK could be stocking Cryorig products, I asked them why they don't sell their CPU coolers, and they replied
overclocker.co.uk is owned by caseking.de

When Caseking starts carryign Cryorig we will have them in UK

ebuyer.com is a Cryorig dealer, but has almost no stock.

At this time the best way to get Cryorig in UK is on Amazon.
post #2689 of 3742
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyll View Post

overclocker.co.uk is owned by caseking.de

When Caseking starts carryign Cryorig we will have them in UK

ebuyer.com is a Cryorig dealer, but has almost no stock.

At this time the best way to get Cryorig in UK is on Amazon.

I just hope Ebuyer or Amazon get stock soon. Although Cryorig did say to me that new stocks of the R1 and H5 have arrived in the UK today.
Edited by EvFan123 - 8/25/16 at 8:17am
post #2690 of 3742
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyll View Post

Cryorig CLCs are better than many CLCs, but they are still CLCs and limited by the CLC patent rights. This combined with marketing hype leading many new users to think they are 'water cooling' like custom loops or or pre-assembled and filled kits like Swiftech and EK Predator when they have far more negative differences than positive similarities.

The CLC push started when?? in mid/late 2011 ?? In the last couple of years I've seen a steadily increasing number of people having CLC failures (mostly pumps) with most of them coming back to air cooling wtih as good and better cooling at near silent noise levels.

Bottom line is any water cooled system is more prone to problems than air cooling .. and needs more maintenance. It's simply the nature of the beast.tongue.gif

Cryorig give a 6 year warranty, and if the pump fails, or any leak happens they will reimburse you the total cost of everything that was damaged. I had already asked a member of Cryorig about this, and that is what they said. Whereas Corsair will only refund partial failures i think it's now $150 maximum for a gpu. Cryorig definitely have the best warranty and reimbursement that I've seen in the CLC market. This is another deciding factor that made me get the A40ult. I don't like air cooling, it makes my system look ugly, even with a sexy cryorig R1 it wouldn't look as good as it does now. I'm all for CLC as the reimbursement makes it less of an issue, but a custom loop won't give you any reimbursement.
Black & White
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
I5-6600k MSI Z170A KRAIT KFA2 Gtx 980ti hall of fame Seagate 1TB SSHD 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital caviar Blue 1TB Western Digital Passport Ultra 1TB Cryorig A40 Ultimate Windows 10 pro 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus Vc239h Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 EVGA G2 750W 80+G NZXT H440 V2 2015 edition 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer abyysus Technet foam pad Logitech Z506 
  hide details  
Reply
Black & White
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
I5-6600k MSI Z170A KRAIT KFA2 Gtx 980ti hall of fame Seagate 1TB SSHD 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital caviar Blue 1TB Western Digital Passport Ultra 1TB Cryorig A40 Ultimate Windows 10 pro 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus Vc239h Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 EVGA G2 750W 80+G NZXT H440 V2 2015 edition 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer abyysus Technet foam pad Logitech Z506 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Air Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Air Cooling › CRYORIG Fan & Cooler Club; R1 Ult, R1 Uni, C1, H5, XF140 & XT140 and all things Cryorig