Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Air Cooling › CRYORIG Fan & Cooler Club; R1 Ult, R1 Uni, C1, H5, XF140 & XT140
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

CRYORIG Fan & Cooler Club; R1 Ult, R1 Uni, C1, H5, XF140 & XT140 - Page 264

post #2631 of 3548
No ... don't spread the word. There is less chance of me winning when others enter frown.gif.
post #2632 of 3548
Thread Starter 
What ruffhi said. What word? I don't know any word. biggrin.gif
post #2633 of 3548
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyll View Post

What ruffhi said. What word? I don't know any word. biggrin.gif

You just look at the pictures?
post #2634 of 3548
There is no word!
post #2635 of 3548
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciarlatano View Post

You just look at the pictures?
I wanna see the Z1 !!
I wanna test it !!
post #2636 of 3548
i feel like cryorig is really emphasizing aesthetics, like the H7 Quad Lumi or R1's Custom Mod Covers, to stand out from the competition (i.e. Noctua who doesn't care about aesthetics but more about performance). I wish Cryorig could deliver other products with the CR brand (b/c let's be honest, their logo is legit), such as LED fans, perhaps ball-bearing fans over their current sleeve-bearing products at the moment, or some other cool stuff like rgb lighting system all-in-one fan controllers. In fact, I'd wet myself if they came out with a mid-tower gaming case with a special attention to detail on cooling / airflow / aesthetics / innovation / value along with their trademark.

This is my opinion, but the Ola and Taku ( http://www.cryorig.com/news.php?id=60&page=1) pc cases are a step in a weird the wrong direction for their company. Many people have smartphones & laptops for portability, and a simple mini-HDMI cable can hook up a video to a TV / monitor. I thought Cryrorig catered to budget and looks at the same time, in regards to their arguably best bang-for-the-buck product, the H7, but a $200 price on the mini-itx case alone? thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

Too much competition in cases are available in the market, including small-form factor cases for mini-itx and Intel's NUC (Next Unit of Computing). Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)




What do you guys think? Should cryorig be devoted to air cooling alone, like Noctua, or expand its product line into other categories, like Rosewill, Zalman and Corsair?
BLOOBies
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel i5-3570k Asus P8Z77-V Asus 7950 v2 Corsair Vengeance 2x4gb 1600mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
WD Black  Intel 240 Series SSD Hitachi HDD Asus 16x DVD drive 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cryorig Ultimate H5 + XT140 fan Windows 7 2x Dell 23" monitors Dell Sk-8115 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair 750w rmi Gold PSU Corsair 400R Logitech BT96A Desk 
Audio
Dell 2.1 Speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
BLOOBies
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel i5-3570k Asus P8Z77-V Asus 7950 v2 Corsair Vengeance 2x4gb 1600mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
WD Black  Intel 240 Series SSD Hitachi HDD Asus 16x DVD drive 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cryorig Ultimate H5 + XT140 fan Windows 7 2x Dell 23" monitors Dell Sk-8115 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair 750w rmi Gold PSU Corsair 400R Logitech BT96A Desk 
Audio
Dell 2.1 Speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2637 of 3548
Ok, this is one of the oddest posts I have seen in some time......
Quote:
Originally Posted by bboiprfsr View Post

i feel like cryorig is really emphasizing aesthetics, like the H7 Quad Lumi or R1's Custom Mod Covers, to stand out from the competition (i.e. Noctua who doesn't care about aesthetics but more about performance).

I would say the fact that their coolers are among the top performers at their price points, perform as well or better than the more expensive direct Noctua competitive unit makes the above a rather erroneous statement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bboiprfsr View Post

I wish Cryorig could deliver other products with the CR brand (b/c let's be honest, their logo is legit), such as LED fans, perhaps ball-bearing fans over their current sleeve-bearing products at the moment, or some other cool stuff like rgb lighting system all-in-one fan controllers. In fact, I'd wet myself if they came out with a mid-tower gaming case with a special attention to detail on cooling / airflow / aesthetics / innovation / value along with their trademark.

In the same paragraph (really, the same paragraph in consecutive sentences), you say that they are focused too much on looks and not performance, then say they should be making more bling for teens. Completely self-contradictory.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bboiprfsr View Post

This is my opinion, but the Ola and Taku ( http://www.cryorig.com/news.php?id=60&page=1) pc cases are a step in a weird the wrong direction for their company. Many people have smartphones & laptops for portability, and a simple mini-HDMI cable can hook up a video to a TV / monitor. I thought Cryrorig catered to budget and looks at the same time, in regards to their arguably best bang-for-the-buck product, the H7, but a $200 price on the mini-itx case alone? thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

Too much competition in cases are available in the market, including small-form factor cases for mini-itx and Intel's NUC (Next Unit of Computing). Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)




Those cases are made for a very large market in other parts of the world where they are very popular. The US is not the only market companies must appease.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bboiprfsr View Post

What do you guys think? Should cryorig be devoted to air cooling alone, like Noctua, or expand its product line into other categories, like Rosewill, Zalman and Corsair?

Rosewill, Zalman and Corsair? You would be hard pressed to find three companies more different. One makes and designs nothing and merely markets low cost items. One designs and makes all of their products with very specific target audience. One designs and markets products with the widest possible mass appeal.

I have no idea where your post was supposed to be heading, but it makes very little sense to me, and seems to be absent of a lot of information.
post #2638 of 3548
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciarlatano View Post

Ok, this is one of the oddest posts I have seen in some time......
I would say the fact that their coolers are among the top performers at their price points, perform as well or better than the more expensive direct Noctua competitive unit makes the above a rather erroneous statement.
In the same paragraph (really, the same paragraph in consecutive sentences), you say that they are focused too much on looks and not performance, then say they should be making more bling for teens. Completely self-contradictory.
Those cases are made for a very large market in other parts of the world where they are very popular. The US is not the only market companies must appease.
Rosewill, Zalman and Corsair? You would be hard pressed to find three companies more different. One makes and designs nothing and merely markets low cost items. One designs and makes all of their products with very specific target audience. One designs and markets products with the widest possible mass appeal.

I have no idea where your post was supposed to be heading, but it makes very little sense to me, and seems to be absent of a lot of information.

You have a misunderstanding. I never said they are too focused on looks and not performance. Aesthetics are a good thing smile.gif I'm making a troll remark on Noctua's brand of performance over style. That doesn't implicate that Cryorig doesn't have both. You're putting words in my mouth @ciarlatano. I'm merely making a criticism on some of their upcoming products, which isn't odd as a post at all. People criticize upcoming products all the time in the market.

Furthermore, I am simply making a claim that given their selling point on aesthetics/looks (which sways people to consider buying their products since Noctua's lack of aesthetics is a dealbreaker for some), they should introduce more cryorig PC components aside from CPU coolers, such as more fans (in terms of more options to choose from). Example: Corsair has how many different fan products? Noctua has how many types of fans? Just saying, cryrorig could have more variations of fans. How is that a bad thing?

Lastly, I end my post with a question, should they remain a specialty company focused on air-cooling (like Noctua) or should they have a diverse profile (like Corsair, NZXT, etc) with a generous range of accessories and components among cases. Some companies simply focus on a limited range of products. Get my drift? Sorry you were confused.

Again, RECAP: I acknowledged Cryorig for their selling points, and I wished they could offer more products that go with those selling points, rather than diverge from that with small-form factor cases that is on another end of the spectrum w/o the cryorig logo. Example: people buy Nike shoes because of the logo rather than an unbranded shoe. Just my thoughts. #umadbro? EDIT: #uconfusedbro?

When I said Cryorig "is really emphasizing aesthetics", that's their marketing strategy. I am acknowledging them for that versus companies who don't care about looks. You're calling it erroneous as if I made a mistake hahaha. funny
Edited by bboiprfsr - 8/15/16 at 4:24pm
BLOOBies
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel i5-3570k Asus P8Z77-V Asus 7950 v2 Corsair Vengeance 2x4gb 1600mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
WD Black  Intel 240 Series SSD Hitachi HDD Asus 16x DVD drive 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cryorig Ultimate H5 + XT140 fan Windows 7 2x Dell 23" monitors Dell Sk-8115 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair 750w rmi Gold PSU Corsair 400R Logitech BT96A Desk 
Audio
Dell 2.1 Speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
BLOOBies
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel i5-3570k Asus P8Z77-V Asus 7950 v2 Corsair Vengeance 2x4gb 1600mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
WD Black  Intel 240 Series SSD Hitachi HDD Asus 16x DVD drive 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cryorig Ultimate H5 + XT140 fan Windows 7 2x Dell 23" monitors Dell Sk-8115 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair 750w rmi Gold PSU Corsair 400R Logitech BT96A Desk 
Audio
Dell 2.1 Speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2639 of 3548
Quote:
Originally Posted by bboiprfsr View Post

You have a misunderstanding. I never said they are too focused on looks and not performance. Aesthetics are a good thing smile.gif I'm making a troll remark on Noctua's brand of performance over style. That doesn't implicate that Cryorig doesn't have both. You're putting words in my mouth @ciarlatano. I'm merely making a criticism on some of their upcoming products, which isn't odd as a post at all. People criticize upcoming products all the time in the market.

Furthermore, I am simply making a claim that given their selling point on aesthetics/looks (which sways people to consider buying their products since Noctua's lack of aesthetics is a dealbreaker for some), they should introduce more cryorig PC components aside from CPU coolers, such as more fans (in terms of more options to choose from). Example: Corsair has how many different fan products? Noctua has how many types of fans? Just saying, cryrorig could have more variations of fans. How is that a bad thing?

Lastly, I end my post with a question, should they remain a specialty company focused on air-cooling (like Noctua) or should they have a diverse profile (like Corsair, NZXT, etc) with a generous range of accessories and components among cases. Some companies simply focus on a limited range of products. Get my drift? Sorry you were confused.

Again, RECAP: I acknowledged Cryorig for their selling points, and I wished they could offer more products that go with those selling points, rather than diverge from that with small-form factor cases that is on another end of the spectrum w/o the cryorig logo. Example: people buy Nike shoes because of the logo rather than an unbranded shoe. Just my thoughts. #umadbro? EDIT: #uconfusedbro?

Got it. Totally didn't understand your post.

And, yes, I do think they should make an awesome mid-Tower. But, I also don't think they should cheapen themselves selling being parts, nor do I think they should go mainstream at the expense of what they do best.
post #2640 of 3548
Thread Starter 
I'm with ciarlatano here @bboiprfsr i that I interpreted your post pretty much as he did. tongue.gif
R1 realy does perform as well as D15. Noc has not improved their big coolers in way too many years. The D15 is no better than 'classic' NH-D14. You put the same fans on D15 as D15 comes with and it often cools slightly better. Yet every day we see Noc groupies, zealots and cult followers spouting off "Noc is the best! Blah! Blah!"

Yeah, I say classic (like Sivler Arrow, HR-02, True Spirit, and other 5+ year old coolers that are still today just as good as best new coolers. .. These old coolers are like a 30-40 year old classic cars .. some are as good as modern ones.

The computer component industry is so competitive these days and so full of cultist and zealot groupie followers .. most of who read the advertising hype from manufacturers and their paid shill reviewers who are usually just as illiterate with no idea how things really work or how to properly conduct accurate testing .. the industry is not about better products any more mad.gif It's about who can push the best advertising hype and shill reviewers. mad.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Air Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Air Cooling › CRYORIG Fan & Cooler Club; R1 Ult, R1 Uni, C1, H5, XF140 & XT140