Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › PowerColor PCS+ R9 290?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

PowerColor PCS+ R9 290? - Page 57

post #561 of 1176
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweb321 View Post

What ROM file did you get sent? The one I have is F3401LAA. Yours the same or different?

same file name, im not sure if its exactly the same though
post #562 of 1176
Well the card I got back from RMA has the same issues, is hynix, and upon closer inspection it almost looks like they ripped off the serial sticker and placed a new one as there is damage to the backplate around the edges of the sticker (could very well be my old card). That is most certainly the end of buying powercolor cards for me. I guess I'll send Raymond and e-mail and see what he can do.

Damage seen here...


Edited by rv8000 - 4/11/14 at 1:35pm
Steins Gate
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 7800x @ TBD ASRock OC Formula X299 XFX Vega 64 4x4 Crucial Ballistix Elite @ TBD 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
960 Evo 850 Evo WD Blue 1TB Thermalright True Spirit 140 Direct 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer XR342CK G413 EVGA 750w G2 CM MC5 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
G703 Logitech Powerplay Onboard Logitech Z906 
Audio
HD518 
  hide details  
Reply
Steins Gate
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 7800x @ TBD ASRock OC Formula X299 XFX Vega 64 4x4 Crucial Ballistix Elite @ TBD 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
960 Evo 850 Evo WD Blue 1TB Thermalright True Spirit 140 Direct 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer XR342CK G413 EVGA 750w G2 CM MC5 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
G703 Logitech Powerplay Onboard Logitech Z906 
Audio
HD518 
  hide details  
Reply
post #563 of 1176
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdr09 View Post

no need to . . .

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/2851708

same. yours good.thumb.gif

Abundant's, otoh, looks low. cpu does not matter much in FS.redface.gif

It is low, about 8% low.

Which BIOS is the best one and who has it?
Odd Ball
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-9590 Asus Sabertooth 990FX Gigabyte WF3 OC GTX 970 Hyper-X Savage 2400Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 830 SSD Samsung NZXT KRAKEN X31 Win 10 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG IPS226 Logitech G110 XFX 750w Pro CM HAF 912+ 
MouseMouse Pad
Schakron Fireglider CMStorm 
  hide details  
Reply
Odd Ball
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-9590 Asus Sabertooth 990FX Gigabyte WF3 OC GTX 970 Hyper-X Savage 2400Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 830 SSD Samsung NZXT KRAKEN X31 Win 10 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG IPS226 Logitech G110 XFX 750w Pro CM HAF 912+ 
MouseMouse Pad
Schakron Fireglider CMStorm 
  hide details  
Reply
post #564 of 1176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abundant Cores View Post

It is low, about 8% low.

Which BIOS is the best one and who has it?

see post # 440 (pg 44).
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 290 (2) 16 / 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 360/240 10 64 28 2160 
PowerCase
850 540 
  hide details  
Reply
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 290 (2) 16 / 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 360/240 10 64 28 2160 
PowerCase
850 540 
  hide details  
Reply
post #565 of 1176
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdr09 View Post

see post # 440 (pg 44).

Thanks. smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerColor101 View Post

Hey Guys,

This is Raymond from PowerColor, we were contacted before about performance issue with a small batch of cards. We have a bios update now that fixes the performance issue. To get the bios update, please email me with the EAN code, Serial Number and Model number. Basically all the sticker number on the back of the card. The bios will be released on a per case basis, so please do not release it publicly as it might damage other graphic card. You can email me directly at Raymond.Hsu@powercolor.com.

Best Regards,
Raymond
Odd Ball
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-9590 Asus Sabertooth 990FX Gigabyte WF3 OC GTX 970 Hyper-X Savage 2400Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 830 SSD Samsung NZXT KRAKEN X31 Win 10 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG IPS226 Logitech G110 XFX 750w Pro CM HAF 912+ 
MouseMouse Pad
Schakron Fireglider CMStorm 
  hide details  
Reply
Odd Ball
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-9590 Asus Sabertooth 990FX Gigabyte WF3 OC GTX 970 Hyper-X Savage 2400Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 830 SSD Samsung NZXT KRAKEN X31 Win 10 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG IPS226 Logitech G110 XFX 750w Pro CM HAF 912+ 
MouseMouse Pad
Schakron Fireglider CMStorm 
  hide details  
Reply
post #566 of 1176
Quote:
Originally Posted by rv8000 View Post

Well the card I got back from RMA has the same issues, is hynix, and upon closer inspection it almost looks like they ripped off the serial sticker and placed a new one as there is damage to the backplate around the edges of the sticker (could very well be my old card). That is most certainly the end of buying powercolor cards for me. I guess I'll send Raymond and e-mail and see what he can do.

Damage seen here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rv8000 View Post

Well the card I got back from RMA has the same issues, is hynix, and upon closer inspection it almost looks like they ripped off the serial sticker and placed a new one as there is damage to the backplate around the edges of the sticker (could very well be my old card). That is most certainly the end of buying powercolor cards for me. I guess I'll send Raymond and e-mail and see what he can do.

Damage seen here...


well thats sad.

yeah, too bad the card has a really good cooler.
post #567 of 1176
Quote:
Originally Posted by rv8000 View Post

Well the card I got back from RMA has the same issues, is hynix, and upon closer inspection it almost looks like they ripped off the serial sticker and placed a new one as there is damage to the backplate around the edges of the sticker (could very well be my old card). That is most certainly the end of buying powercolor cards for me. I guess I'll send Raymond and e-mail and see what he can do.

Damage seen here...


It performs exactly the same as the old one? If they just replaced the sticker and call it a day, I would definitely tell people to stay away from powercolour or any other brands under Tul Corp at all costs.
post #568 of 1176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derion View Post

It performs exactly the same as the old one? If they just replaced the sticker and call it a day, I would definitely tell people to stay away from powercolour or any other brands under Tul Corp at all costs.

It runs 5-7% slower than my other 290s (reference and Tri-X), which was the same issue as the first card I had before the RMA. I wish I had written down the ASIC quality it was the only thing I didn't save and could differentiate the two, may or may not be a new card *shrugs*
Steins Gate
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 7800x @ TBD ASRock OC Formula X299 XFX Vega 64 4x4 Crucial Ballistix Elite @ TBD 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
960 Evo 850 Evo WD Blue 1TB Thermalright True Spirit 140 Direct 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer XR342CK G413 EVGA 750w G2 CM MC5 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
G703 Logitech Powerplay Onboard Logitech Z906 
Audio
HD518 
  hide details  
Reply
Steins Gate
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 7800x @ TBD ASRock OC Formula X299 XFX Vega 64 4x4 Crucial Ballistix Elite @ TBD 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
960 Evo 850 Evo WD Blue 1TB Thermalright True Spirit 140 Direct 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer XR342CK G413 EVGA 750w G2 CM MC5 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
G703 Logitech Powerplay Onboard Logitech Z906 
Audio
HD518 
  hide details  
Reply
post #569 of 1176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abundant Cores View Post

Thanks. smile.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerColor101 View Post

Hey Guys,

This is Raymond from PowerColor, we were contacted before about performance issue with a small batch of cards. We have a bios update now that fixes the performance issue. To get the bios update, please email me with the EAN code, Serial Number and Model number. Basically all the sticker number on the back of the card. The bios will be released on a per case basis, so please do not release it publicly as it might damage other graphic card. You can email me directly at Raymond.Hsu@powercolor.com.

Best Regards,
Raymond

I sent a request on Thursday but haven't received a reply yet. Hopefully early next week, but I am seriously considering returning the card for a refund if a solution isn't found.
post #570 of 1176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toth21 View Post


I sent a request on Thursday but haven't received a reply yet. Hopefully early next week, but I am seriously considering returning the card for a refund if a solution isn't found.

Do you think it might be worth contacting them directly?

http://www.powercolor.com/Global/default.asp

Or can someone upload the BIOS here?
Odd Ball
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-9590 Asus Sabertooth 990FX Gigabyte WF3 OC GTX 970 Hyper-X Savage 2400Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 830 SSD Samsung NZXT KRAKEN X31 Win 10 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG IPS226 Logitech G110 XFX 750w Pro CM HAF 912+ 
MouseMouse Pad
Schakron Fireglider CMStorm 
  hide details  
Reply
Odd Ball
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-9590 Asus Sabertooth 990FX Gigabyte WF3 OC GTX 970 Hyper-X Savage 2400Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 830 SSD Samsung NZXT KRAKEN X31 Win 10 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG IPS226 Logitech G110 XFX 750w Pro CM HAF 912+ 
MouseMouse Pad
Schakron Fireglider CMStorm 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD/ATI
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › PowerColor PCS+ R9 290?