Originally Posted by Hukkel
1) seeing the amount of question about it here I thought there would be a big demand for it. If there isn't, then don't.
2) I know, that is what I am trying to explain. Before people step into such a multipool know what you step into.
3) If you alter it,your coin is a joke. You have set parameters and you should keep with them. altering for the sake of the profit of the miners means the coin is useless for what it is originally intended.
4) I very much doubt that. More can be die on your gfx card. your cooler for example. I have talked with people in RMA centres and some to check such things. Plus with flashing you can brick it. Now warranty for you if you do. But each to his own. I don't want to. But if others do then fine.
1. Well I can throw one together tonight and I guess if it people use it, great. If they don't, so be it.
3. There's no way that this coin isn't going to get negatively effected in some way. As I said, this cycle will continue unless the way diff is calculated changes. If it doesn't, the coin will simply die anyway.
4. Ofc more can happen than VRM frying, but they aren't as common as as VRM frying haha. Furthermore, you can usually flash a bios back if the card still fires up, so you should still be fine with anything happening. If card boots = you can reflash a bios. If it doesn't boot = the mfg can't read the bios
there's no CMOS on a gpu afaik haha.