Originally Posted by Barefooter
While I was in the bios I noticed under Advanced\System Agent Config\NB PCIe Config it shows slot 1 "Running at x4 Native".
The second slot showed the x8 Native. I was surprised by this, so I checked Aida64, CPUz and GPUz all show x4.
Here is the list of what I tried to trouble shoot:
1. Checked for bios update, when I first built the system I updated to the most recent which was version 1030 (not positive on the number), just a few weeks later there is version 1102, and the original update version I used was not listed anymore. So I updated to the most current version 1102. Still only shows x4. Updated to the brand new bios today version 1203. Still only shows x4. Now running 1402.
2. In the bios under Advanced\System Agent Config\NB PCIe Config, changed both cards from "Auto" to "Gen 3". Still only shows x4.
3. Removed the lower gpu, still only shows x4.
4. Switched power cable from power supply to the top and only card, still only shows x4.
5. Removed the gpu from the top slot and put the one that was in the lower slot in the top slot, still only shows x4. Note: I purchased the two graphics cars from two different venders several weeks apart, so very unlikely to be a bad batch of cards.
6. Removed the Creative Sound Blaster ZXR card that was installed in the top x1 slot above the top PCIe slot, still only shows x4.
7. Removed the Blue tooth / Wireless card, still only shows x4.
8. Reset the CPU, still shows x4.
Looks like my replacement board arrived today. I'll be swapping it out over the weekend and report back.
Another quick question for you guys. I should be able to just swap the mother board without having to reinstall windows correct?