Overclock.net › Forums › Distributed Computing › Distributed Computing - General › [Guide] Solo Mining, and being a baller. Example today is MaxCoins!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Guide] Solo Mining, and being a baller. Example today is MaxCoins! - Page 71

post #701 of 742
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogon View Post

This is what my .bat file looks like, be sure to change parameters for your certain card. I am solo mining.
What does your bat look like?

Here's my .bat: cudaminer.exe -o http://127.0.0.1:8108 -O battleaxe.zotac:x --algo=keccak -d 0 -l K1000x32 -L 128 -i 0 -C 2 -H 2 -s 10

I think maybe I"m not pointed to the right place or something. I'm not quite sure how this works with the purse and such.
     
Reply
     
Reply
post #702 of 742
Quote:
Originally Posted by battleaxe View Post

Here's my .bat: cudaminer.exe -o http://127.0.0.1:8108 -O battleaxe.zotac:x --algo=keccak -d 0 -l K1000x32 -L 128 -i 0 -C 2 -H 2 -s 10

I think maybe I"m not pointed to the right place or something. I'm not quite sure how this works with the purse and such.

Try this
Quote:
cudaminer.exe -o 127.0.0.1:8108 -u RPCUSER -p password --algo=keccak -d 0 -l K1000x32 -L 128 -i 0 -C 2 -H 2 -s 10

And what is the user name in your config file for Max?

For instance,
Quote:
rpcuser=quicksilver
rpcpassword=x
rpcport=8669
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
server=1
post #703 of 742
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogon View Post

Try this
And what is the user name in your config file for Max?

For instance,

Here's what I have in the config file that gets auto loaded into the Roaming folder/Maxcoin folder. And at the very bottom is my .bat code in the 64bit folder of the mining folder Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

addnode=107.170.0.102:8668
addnode=37.139.10.249:8668
addnode=62.210.162.235:8668
addnode=54.80.38.63:8668
addnode=54.196.40.143:8668
addnode=23.97.130.72:8668
addnode=maxcoin.cloudapp.net
addnode=maxcoinus.cloudapp.net
addnode=maxcoinasia.cloudapp.net
addnode=maxexplorer.cloudapp.net
addnode=213.179.202.19
addnode=91.121.8.25
addnode=213.192.56.163:8334
addnode=107.170.15.110:8668
addnode=131.111.33.245:8668
addnode=137.116.204.146:8668
addnode=138.91.116.247:8668
addnode=144.76.107.81:8668
addnode=144.76.113.132:8668
addnode=144.76.238.140:8668
addnode=148.251.11.196:8668
addnode=162.251.118.42:8668
addnode=187.104.154.105:8668
addnode=162.243.98.115:8668
addnode=94.226.111.26:8668
addnode=108.166.119.210:8668
addnode=54.242.57.209:8668
addnode=109.204.130.61:8668
addnode=62.24.83.120:8668
addnode=107.170.0.102:8668
addnode=37.139.10.249:8668
addnode=62.210.162.235:8668
addnode=54.80.38.63:8668
addnode=54.196.40.143:8668
addnode=23.97.130.72:8668
addnode=95.85.14.92
addnode=95.85.38.7
addnode=95.85.41.61
addnode=95.85.40.179
addnode=95.85.42.240
addnode=95.85.43.202
addnode=95.85.43.189
addnode=95.85.25.162
addnode=107.170.246.18
addnode=107.170.245.188
addnode=107.170.245.192
addnode=107.170.10.242
addnode=192.241.174.133
addnode=95.85.45.177
addnode=213.179.202.19
addnode=91.121.8.25
addnode=91.121.8.25
addnode=wombat.dar.sh
addnode=188.226.147.81:36424
addnode=84.229.7.198:8668
addnode=187.104.154.105:51331
addnode=54.204.58.216:53712
addnode=54.213.139.176:53099
addnode=54.193.94.239:41078
addnode=50.17.172.165:60285
addnode=54.193.60.193:56916
addnode=151.225.12.223:53949
addnode=2.82.203.159:65250
addnode=137.135.71.140:1176
addnode=82.196.7.83:39193
addnode=68.230.151.179:50492
addnode=188.226.146.70:8668
addnode=213.192.56.163
addnode=148.251.11.43
addnode=188.226.147.41
addnode=187.104.154.105
addnode=137.226.216.235
addnode=94.23.18.51
addnode=162.243.98.115:8668
addnode=94.226.111.26:8668
addnode=108.166.119.210:8668
addnode=54.242.57.209:8668
addnode=109.204.130.61:8668
addnode=62.24.83.120:8668
addnode=107.170.0.102:8668
addnode=37.139.10.249:8668
addnode=62.210.162.235:8668
addnode=54.80.38.63:8668
addnode=54.196.40.143:8668
addnode=23.97.130.72:8668

# Enable RPC
rpcallowip=all
daemon=1
server=1
listen=1

# RPC information
rpcuser=battleaxe
rpcpassword=x
rpcport=8108
rpcconnect=127.0.0.1
server=1

# Mining
gen=0



And in my batch file I have:

cudaminer.exe -o 127.0.0.1:8108 -u battleaxe -p x --algo=keccak -d 0 -l K1000x32 -L 128 -i 0 -C 2 -H 2 -s 10

I'm pretty sure I'm messing something up pretty obvious. What do I start? The daemon file first, then the batch file? The daemon file opens fine and sits there. When I open the batch file in the x64 file I get the json errors. So I've got some code wrong somewhere.
Edited by battleaxe - 3/2/14 at 6:32pm
     
Reply
     
Reply
post #704 of 742
Quote:
Originally Posted by battleaxe View Post

Here's what I have in the config file that gets auto loaded into the Roaming folder/Maxcoin folder. And at the very bottom is my .bat code in the 64bit folder of the mining folder Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

addnode=107.170.0.102:8668
addnode=37.139.10.249:8668
addnode=62.210.162.235:8668
addnode=54.80.38.63:8668
addnode=54.196.40.143:8668
addnode=23.97.130.72:8668
addnode=maxcoin.cloudapp.net
addnode=maxcoinus.cloudapp.net
addnode=maxcoinasia.cloudapp.net
addnode=maxexplorer.cloudapp.net
addnode=213.179.202.19
addnode=91.121.8.25
addnode=213.192.56.163:8334
addnode=107.170.15.110:8668
addnode=131.111.33.245:8668
addnode=137.116.204.146:8668
addnode=138.91.116.247:8668
addnode=144.76.107.81:8668
addnode=144.76.113.132:8668
addnode=144.76.238.140:8668
addnode=148.251.11.196:8668
addnode=162.251.118.42:8668
addnode=187.104.154.105:8668
addnode=162.243.98.115:8668
addnode=94.226.111.26:8668
addnode=108.166.119.210:8668
addnode=54.242.57.209:8668
addnode=109.204.130.61:8668
addnode=62.24.83.120:8668
addnode=107.170.0.102:8668
addnode=37.139.10.249:8668
addnode=62.210.162.235:8668
addnode=54.80.38.63:8668
addnode=54.196.40.143:8668
addnode=23.97.130.72:8668
addnode=95.85.14.92
addnode=95.85.38.7
addnode=95.85.41.61
addnode=95.85.40.179
addnode=95.85.42.240
addnode=95.85.43.202
addnode=95.85.43.189
addnode=95.85.25.162
addnode=107.170.246.18
addnode=107.170.245.188
addnode=107.170.245.192
addnode=107.170.10.242
addnode=192.241.174.133
addnode=95.85.45.177
addnode=213.179.202.19
addnode=91.121.8.25
addnode=91.121.8.25
addnode=wombat.dar.sh
addnode=188.226.147.81:36424
addnode=84.229.7.198:8668
addnode=187.104.154.105:51331
addnode=54.204.58.216:53712
addnode=54.213.139.176:53099
addnode=54.193.94.239:41078
addnode=50.17.172.165:60285
addnode=54.193.60.193:56916
addnode=151.225.12.223:53949
addnode=2.82.203.159:65250
addnode=137.135.71.140:1176
addnode=82.196.7.83:39193
addnode=68.230.151.179:50492
addnode=188.226.146.70:8668
addnode=213.192.56.163
addnode=148.251.11.43
addnode=188.226.147.41
addnode=187.104.154.105
addnode=137.226.216.235
addnode=94.23.18.51
addnode=162.243.98.115:8668
addnode=94.226.111.26:8668
addnode=108.166.119.210:8668
addnode=54.242.57.209:8668
addnode=109.204.130.61:8668
addnode=62.24.83.120:8668
addnode=107.170.0.102:8668
addnode=37.139.10.249:8668
addnode=62.210.162.235:8668
addnode=54.80.38.63:8668
addnode=54.196.40.143:8668
addnode=23.97.130.72:8668

# Enable RPC
rpcallowip=all
daemon=1
server=1
listen=1

# RPC information
rpcuser=battleaxe
rpcpassword=x
rpcport=8108
rpcconnect=127.0.0.1
server=1

# Mining
gen=0



And in my batch file I have:

cudaminer.exe -o 127.0.0.1:8108 -u battleaxe -p x --algo=keccak -d 0 -l K1000x32 -L 128 -i 0 -C 2 -H 2 -s 10

I'm pretty sure I'm messing something up pretty obvious. What do I start? The daemon file first, then the batch file? The daemon file opens fine and sits there. When I open the batch file in the x64 file I get the json errors. So I've got some code wrong somewhere.

Ugh, this is why I dislike mining at times, I have the same issues where I just can't get helix coin to work either.

Are you using the latest GUI wallet for Max? Or the CMD run one in the OP. I could never get it to work either, but maybe try downloading the windows wallet, http://www.maxcoin.co.uk/ , also you are using the latest cudaminer marked 2-28? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=167229.0

Or, you can first tr removing the -L, -C, -H flags and see if it helps. But looking at the OP Json errors have to do with the .bat file and something with deamon..which I could never get to work.
post #705 of 742
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogon View Post

Ugh, this is why I dislike mining at times, I have the same issues where I just can't get helix coin to work either.

Are you using the latest GUI wallet for Max? Or the CMD run one in the OP. I could never get it to work either, but maybe try downloading the windows wallet, http://www.maxcoin.co.uk/ , also you are using the latest cudaminer marked 2-28? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=167229.0

Or, you can first tr removing the -L, -C, -H flags and see if it helps. But looking at the OP Json errors have to do with the .bat file and something with deamon..which I could never get to work.

So how are you running yours specifically? I'll just try that instead. Cause I'm getting nowhere with this.

+1
     
Reply
     
Reply
post #706 of 742
I am using the windows wallet for max, found on the Max coin official website and this is how I got it to work.

First run the wallet (marked maxcoin-qt) but I imagine it will not connect with the network because there is no config file, so you have to add the nodes, your info, etc. so exit the wallet. Proceed to win+r, and then typing %appdata%, look for Maxcoin and create a config file via Notepad, and then saving as maxcoin.conf as "All files" type.

I think I listed the nodes earlier in the thread in which you add to the config file, also add your info.

I then downloaded the latest cudaminer, and created a .bat file. I'm trying to find a bat for your card..but google is not proving useful to me. I suggest reading the readme in the latest cudaminer and trying to make a .bat. It took me something like an hour to even manage a .bat that worked, and didn't load 6GBs of VRAM on my cards lol.

Here is a different type of guide, but if you change certain settings like the bat and conf settings it'll hopefully work for you and Max. I'm going to try this for a little.
post #707 of 742
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogon View Post

I am using the windows wallet for max, found on the Max coin official website and this is how I got it to work.

First run the wallet (marked maxcoin-qt) but I imagine it will not connect with the network because there is no config file, so you have to add the nodes, your info, etc. so exit the wallet. Proceed to win+r, and then typing %appdata%, look for Maxcoin and create a config file via Notepad, and then saving as maxcoin.conf as "All files" type.

I think I listed the nodes earlier in the thread in which you add to the config file, also add your info.

I then downloaded the latest cudaminer, and created a .bat file. I'm trying to find a bat for your card..but google is not proving useful to me. I suggest reading the readme in the latest cudaminer and trying to make a .bat. It took me something like an hour to even manage a .bat that worked, and didn't load 6GBs of VRAM on my cards lol.

Here is a different type of guide, but if you change certain settings like the bat and conf settings it'll hopefully work for you and Max. I'm going to try this for a little.

Okay, I'll try this. Thanks a lot for the help!

+1

Edit: I do have the wallet working now (already did from your help with the config file - yes). So I'll try to just mess around with the .bat file. Sounds like that is the problem at this point. Thanks a bunch ShoGon

Edit 2:

Well I'll be a monkey's uncle. It worked. My first try at screwing with the .bat and she fired up. You Rock!

Now can you confirm if this looks right?
Edited by battleaxe - 3/3/14 at 1:17pm
     
Reply
     
Reply
post #708 of 742
That indeed looks like it is working! smile.gif

You may need to edit your .bat file a bit more, I made a bit more improvements by that. I don't know what the average value of a GTX 670 is on Max, but if you're only making about 30k or so less khash/s then a GTX 770 I think you are pretty good.

thumb.gif
post #709 of 742
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogon View Post

That indeed looks like it is working! smile.gif

You may need to edit your .bat file a bit more, I made a bit more improvements by that. I don't know what the average value of a GTX 670 is on Max, but if you're only making about 30k or so less khash/s then a GTX 770 I think you are pretty good.

thumb.gif

So what's the 770 getting?

+1 again for all this help BTW.
Edited by battleaxe - 3/3/14 at 1:33pm
     
Reply
     
Reply
post #710 of 742
Quote:
Originally Posted by battleaxe View Post

So what's the 770 getting?

+1 again for all this help BTW.

No problemo thumb.gif this reminds me of folding@home and trying to get that mess to work properly years ago lol. Glad I can help even though I'm still a noob at this tongue.gif, after a while you do get a hang out of switching between coins, I tried execoin, Max, little of vert, but so far zilch lol. I'm going to try clevermining and see how it goes.

Here's the 770 from the OP:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caldeio View Post


This is my GTX 770, here's after 6 hours of mining.

My Titan's seem to make around 281,200 khash/s or so, I don't know if that is good or bad. Oh, also have a google chrome tab open while you mine. It for some reason increases hashing power.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Distributed Computing - General
Overclock.net › Forums › Distributed Computing › Distributed Computing - General › [Guide] Solo Mining, and being a baller. Example today is MaxCoins!