Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › SS Rival random CPI switching glitch?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

SS Rival random CPI switching glitch? - Page 5

post #41 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amperial View Post

Don't notice anything.
A swipe over the whole mousepad is still a 180 turn.

after the newest update ? i mean engine+firmware ?
post #42 of 49
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ber View Post

it was the newest firmware version 1.2.0.0.
now im using the old one (150.0.0.0) again from the software version 3.1.4 and it works fine...
So, just so we're clear, if I update the firmware and I don't like it, if I install 3.1.4 it will let me get the old firmware back too?
post #43 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogalD View Post

So, just so we're clear, if I update the firmware and I don't like it, if I install 3.1.4 it will let me get the old firmware back too?

yes, you have just install the software version 3.1.4 and you get the notification for a firmware update.
Edited by ber - 3/23/14 at 4:41am
post #44 of 49
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ber View Post

yes, you have just install the software version 3.1.4 and you get the notification for a firmware update.
Nice. Well for some reason my mouse randomly started to stop responding for a split second after installing an old game and uninstalling didn't fix it, no idea why but long story short I updated the firmware and it stopped. Haven't noticed any problems yet but at least I can roll back if I need to
post #45 of 49
guys, anybody got the link for version 3.1.4?
if you download it via steelseries you actually get version 3.1.5!
IT'S A TRAP!

*edit*

got it already...
still the counting or naming of the setups on the steelseries server is messed up.
3.1.3 is 3.1.3
3.1.4 is 3.1.5
3.1.5 is 3.1.5
Edited by thorsteNN - 3/24/14 at 12:18pm
post #46 of 49
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by thorsteNN View Post

guys, anybody got the link for version 3.1.4?
if you download it via steelseries you actually get version 3.1.5!
IT'S A TRAP!

*edit*

got it already...
still the counting or naming of the setups on the steelseries server is messed up.
3.1.3 is 3.1.3
3.1.4 is 3.1.5
3.1.5 is 3.1.5

http://www.mediafire.com/download/38p3t7v50rq74ed/SteelSeriesEngine_3.1.4.exe
post #47 of 49

yes, found it already, thank you anyway!
please all rival owners with a steelseries ID make sure to tell the support about the problem.
i asked yesterday why they named their setups wrong on their servers and told them that the cpi bug is still there in engine 3.2.0
and they said they never heard of it and that its a unique problem i have...
make sure to spam them about it ;D
post #48 of 49
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by thorsteNN View Post

yes, found it already, thank you anyway!
please all rival owners with a steelseries ID make sure to tell the support about the problem.
i asked yesterday why they named their setups wrong on their servers and told them that the cpi bug is still there in engine 3.2.0
and they said they never heard of it and that its a unique problem i have...
make sure to spam them about it ;D
How often does the random CPI glitch happen? Is there any way for me to reproduce it? Because I haven't noticed anything. I'm gonna try setting my CPI to 50 when I'm AFK and come back and see if it changes, a jump from 50 to 100 should be definitely noticeable right?
post #49 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogalD View Post

How often does the random CPI glitch happen? Is there any way for me to reproduce it? Because I haven't noticed anything. I'm gonna try setting my CPI to 50 when I'm AFK and come back and see if it changes, a jump from 50 to 100 should be definitely noticeable right?

i didn't count it, but quiet often within a 1 hour deathmatch session.
i don't know how to reproduce it because it happens totally random to me.
i play 400 cpi and 500hz (tested 1000hz, too).
everything is just fine, you play and cpi is fine and suddenly my mouse is faster.
no acceleration, just faster. and the "cpi" numbers within the driver don't change.
so 400 cpi is still in the box, but its much faster than it was seconds ago.
to temporally fix it, i hit the cpi button on the mouse twice to cycle my cpi settings
and then it works again for a random time.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › SS Rival random CPI switching glitch?