Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] EVGA Hadron Air Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] EVGA Hadron Air Owners Club - Page 182

post #1811 of 2261
Quote:
Originally Posted by yahu View Post

deeyam, that looks nice and at a great price! Is that the same one you shared previously where they had some form of a kickstarter thing behind it?

No, that was something else. The one you're mentioning was some kind of "miracle heatsink" that takes up almost no space and somehow fits functional heat pumps into it. That also looks interesting, but not quite as exciting as this, especially considering it's pretty high price point (something like $100?)
Dani
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4690k Gigabyte GA-Z97N-Gaming 5 GTX 670 G.Skill Ares 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Crucial MX100 Toshiba Laptop Drive WD Blue 2.5" XSPC Raystorm 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK FC670 Alphacool ST30 4x Darkside Gentle Typhoon Win7 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Nixeus Vue 27 Smart 68 or WhiteFox Silverstone SX600-G EVGA Hadron Air 
Mouse
Mad Catz R.A.T.7 
  hide details  
Reply
Dani
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4690k Gigabyte GA-Z97N-Gaming 5 GTX 670 G.Skill Ares 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Crucial MX100 Toshiba Laptop Drive WD Blue 2.5" XSPC Raystorm 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK FC670 Alphacool ST30 4x Darkside Gentle Typhoon Win7 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Nixeus Vue 27 Smart 68 or WhiteFox Silverstone SX600-G EVGA Hadron Air 
Mouse
Mad Catz R.A.T.7 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1812 of 2261
Hey everyone,

Anyone know of a resource that covers how to do an SFX PSU mod for the air? I've seen it done in cases, but can't really get a grip on how to do it. I'd like to see if it's a manageable mod to do in the limited space I have.
post #1813 of 2261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdourado View Post

I have almost my new sff build decided.
One thing I still have pending is deciding on the case.
Right now I am between the EVGA hadron air or the Silverstone RVZ01.

The bulld will be:
- Asrock Z170 Gaming ITX board
- i5 6600k or i7 6700k. Still thinking if the i7 is worth 100 euros more...
- 16gb Corsair ddr4 2400
- Reference 980ti blower cooler
- if EVGA, then EVGA ITX cooler.
- if RVZ, then Silverstone NT06 pro.

What case would give better cooling and provide better temps both for the CPU and GPU to allow cool operation and more overclock?

Thanks for your opinion.
Cheers!

Well to be honest with you, while the Hadron is a great case and can keep stuff relatively cool, I wouldn't recommend it for a healthy overclock, especially if you're using that small ITX cpu cooler from EVGA.

That being said, If you are looking to overclock you'd need a larger cooler preferable like the Coolermaster D92
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103108

OR get the EVGA Hadron Hydro which has space for a 240 rad and watercooling.
http://www.evga.com/articles/00777/#Hydro

If you change your mind and get another itx case, I would also recommend the Phanteks Enthoo evolv itx case.
http://phanteks.com/Enthoo-EVOLV-ITX.html

Hope this helps your selection, cheers man! thumb.gif
post #1814 of 2261
Hey Guys!
So my hadron build is almost complete:

i7 3770k
ASUS P8Z77-M
2x8Gb HyperX Fury
EVGA GTX 680
1Tb Seagate HDD




Sorry for the low quality photos tongue.gif
I'd love some constructive criticism and suggestions for cable management. Plus, I've been looking into some CPU coolers, what would you recommend? The coolermaster Geminii M4 and the TX3 Evo caught my attention for the price, but im not so sure about performance. Plus, the chassi coolers are quite loud and the "Silent" preset on the bios doesn't help much. Any ideas? Cheers!!
post #1815 of 2261
Quote:
Originally Posted by andremajczak View Post

I'd love some constructive criticism and suggestions for cable management. Plus, I've been looking into some CPU coolers, what would you recommend? The coolermaster Geminii M4 and the TX3 Evo caught my attention for the price, but im not so sure about performance. Plus, the chassi coolers are quite loud and the "Silent" preset on the bios doesn't help much. Any ideas? Cheers!!

I can't give you too many pointers on cable management, I just ziptied mine to the bottom of the HDD cage and let them splay out to the motherboard. Doesn't look so bad because I have this honking beast of a Noctua cooler that covers everything. I mean everything, all you see when you look in the side-window is the GPU, the HDD cage and metal fins.

The Hadron Air is gonna be a noisy box, no getting around it. To reduce the racket, you could go with Noctua 120mm fans up top. For the CPU cooler, I'd check to see if a Noctua NH-U9B SE2 would fit. Arrange it so it's pulling air in the bottom and exhausting towards the top, that'll increase airflow being sucked in the bottom of the case which will feed the PSU with a steady supply. The PSU is the noisemaker in this case, that little 40mm fan screams. Try finding little stick-on feet to elevate the case a few mm for better airflow in the bottom, that'll help.
Little Black Box
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-4670k ASRock Z87-I EVGA GTX 1070 Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Plextor M5M 128GB SSD Western Digital 1TB HDD Sandisk Ultra II Corsair Hydro H55 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 Pro ASUS PB298Q LG 25UM56-P Ducky DK9008G2 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair SF450 SilverStone Sugo SG13b Zowie ZA11 Glorious Extended Mouse Mat 
AudioAudioAudio
Creative X-Fi HD AKG K550 Garage 1217 Project Starlight, RCA 6SN7GTB 
  hide details  
Reply
Little Black Box
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-4670k ASRock Z87-I EVGA GTX 1070 Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Plextor M5M 128GB SSD Western Digital 1TB HDD Sandisk Ultra II Corsair Hydro H55 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 Pro ASUS PB298Q LG 25UM56-P Ducky DK9008G2 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair SF450 SilverStone Sugo SG13b Zowie ZA11 Glorious Extended Mouse Mat 
AudioAudioAudio
Creative X-Fi HD AKG K550 Garage 1217 Project Starlight, RCA 6SN7GTB 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1816 of 2261
Quote:
Originally Posted by andremajczak View Post

Hey Guys!
So my hadron build is almost complete:

1Tb Seagate HDD


I wonder if that sub subtly affects the HDD performance / read/write errors tongue.gif

Speaking of drives, has anyone experienced issues putting an SSD inside the Hadron without a mounting bracket long-term? Heat, or any other things I should be aware of?

Soon I'll be picking up a Samsung EVO 850 but since decent eSATA external enclosures are hard to come by I'm thinking of just fitting it loosely inside the case.
post #1817 of 2261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coreda View Post

I wonder if that sub subtly affects the HDD performance / read/write errors tongue.gif

Speaking of drives, has anyone experienced issues putting an SSD inside the Hadron without a mounting bracket long-term? Heat, or any other things I should be aware of?

Soon I'll be picking up a Samsung EVO 850 but since decent eSATA external enclosures are hard to come by I'm thinking of just fitting it loosely inside the case.

I actually placed my SSD on top of the PSU with some double-sided tape. So its very close to the GPU and PSU, the temps never go above 30C. If I can remember to get a specific number after gaming for some hours I will
Gaming Rig
(12 items)
 
  
Reply
Gaming Rig
(12 items)
 
  
Reply
post #1818 of 2261
Quote:
Originally Posted by moccor View Post

I actually placed my SSD on top of the PSU with some double-sided tape. So its very close to the GPU and PSU, the temps never go above 30C. If I can remember to get a specific number after gaming for some hours I will

Wouldn't have expected that to be the first place suggested, haha. I'm amazed it wouldn't get warm there, but I guess there will be some experimentation once I get my hands on one.

If I have enough space I may try fitting it in the empty slot meant for the DVD drive. There are already cables there so it could be a tight squeeze. Not sure how warm that area gets but there aren't too many other available areas I can think of placing it tongue.gif
post #1819 of 2261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coreda View Post

Wouldn't have expected that to be the first place suggested, haha. I'm amazed it wouldn't get warm there, but I guess there will be some experimentation once I get my hands on one.

If I have enough space I may try fitting it in the empty slot meant for the DVD drive. There are already cables there so it could be a tight squeeze. Not sure how warm that area gets but there aren't too many other available areas I can think of placing it tongue.gif

Well I use a CLC on my GPU so not much heat comes from that, but the PSU, I'm not actually sure if it ever gets hot. I like to believe the stock PSU fan was always COMPLETELY UNECESSARY to reach such high speeds. I used to fit it down the side of the PSU, a little behind the motherboard and PSU, kinda in a " / " angle. There was never any way to get a pick and I'm not about to change it back so idk how to explain it better haha, but it may only work on very thin SSD/HDD, mine is a SanDisk Ultra Plus 256GB.
Gaming Rig
(12 items)
 
  
Reply
Gaming Rig
(12 items)
 
  
Reply
post #1820 of 2261
Quote:
Originally Posted by andremajczak View Post

Hey Guys!
So my hadron build is almost complete:

i7 3770k
ASUS P8Z77-M
2x8Gb HyperX Fury
EVGA GTX 680
1Tb Seagate HDD




Sorry for the low quality photos tongue.gif
I'd love some constructive criticism and suggestions for cable management. Plus, I've been looking into some CPU coolers, what would you recommend? The coolermaster Geminii M4 and the TX3 Evo caught my attention for the price, but im not so sure about performance. Plus, the chassi coolers are quite loud and the "Silent" preset on the bios doesn't help much. Any ideas? Cheers!!

Woah, have any details on how you managed to get a mATX board in there??
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] EVGA Hadron Air Owners Club