Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] EVGA Hadron Air Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] EVGA Hadron Air Owners Club - Page 185

post #1841 of 2261
Okay so I redid the wiring and sliced the two wires together to my new fan. Nothing.
I'm out of ideas here. Have I fried my PSU forever?
post #1842 of 2261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slobergoof View Post

Okay so I redid the wiring and sliced the two wires together to my new fan. Nothing.
I'm out of ideas here. Have I fried my PSU forever?

Is there a reset button on it somewhere. Something similar to a circuit breaker/fuse?
post #1843 of 2261
Is there any room in front of the power supply to fit a few small fans at the bottom of the case?
post #1844 of 2261
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRUSH View Post

Is there a reset button on it somewhere. Something similar to a circuit breaker/fuse?

There's none that I can see. I went in again and made sure the wires were secured tightly and reapplied electrical tape.

I also can't see a fuse or circuit breaker inside.

Im gonna hold off on reinstalling until someone can give me some feedback here, or if I can get it to work somehow. There HAS to be a way, I'm not scraping this thing just yet
post #1845 of 2261
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApplesOfEpicnes View Post

Is there any room in front of the power supply to fit a few small fans at the bottom of the case?

You have just enough space to fit a slim 40x10mm fan. Hold of on doing it until I can figure this out.
post #1846 of 2261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slobergoof View Post

Okay. So here's an update. After cutting the wires and wrapping them with electric tape, I tried to turn it on but no go. I then took it apart and spliced the two wires together. My dad had a theory that the splice would form a connection and trigger the switch to power on the psu. Again that did not work. So....
I'm gonna have to splice the cables for the new fan and the existing psu fan cables. I just hope I didn't totally mess up my psu.

I don't have an answer for you, but when I swapped my PSU fan, I cut the old PSU fan wire about an inch away from the PSU fan and wrapped each individual wire in electrical tape. I didn't do anything else fancy, connecting the new fan to a motherboard header like you did. So I don't think disconnecting the PSU fan prevents the PSU from starting.

You can try some of the troubleshooting tips here: http://www.bcot1.com/troubleshooting01.html
I'd try checking your power switch header/shorting it with a screwdriver or disconnecting the power supply from the PC components to try and turn it on by shorting the green wire and a black ground wire.
I'm guessing you don't have another PSU handy to troubleshoot with?
post #1847 of 2261
Quote:
Originally Posted by spackler View Post

I don't have an answer for you, but when I swapped my PSU fan, I cut the old PSU fan wire about an inch away from the PSU fan and wrapped each individual wire in electrical tape. I didn't do anything else fancy, connecting the new fan to a motherboard header like you did. So I don't think disconnecting the PSU fan prevents the PSU from starting.

You can try some of the troubleshooting tips here: http://www.bcot1.com/troubleshooting01.html
I'd try checking your power switch header/shorting it with a screwdriver or disconnecting the power supply from the PC components to try and turn it on by shorting the green wire and a black ground wire.
I'm guessing you don't have another PSU handy to troubleshoot with?
Unfortunatley I do not. I just finished retapping the wires and ensuring they were secure. I'm going to try the old psu shorting method maybe I can get it to start that way.
post #1848 of 2261
Am I the only one that soldered the wires lol, I didn't think it was too safe to simply splice and tape. Also are you positive you connected the two right wires as well? Like, probably black to black and whatever other 2 colors together. Seems like a stupid question to ask but that would prevent it from working too
Edited by moccor - 10/18/15 at 3:37pm
Gaming Rig
(12 items)
 
  
Reply
Gaming Rig
(12 items)
 
  
Reply
post #1849 of 2261
Just wanted to make sure I was clear. I'm talking about outside the PSU where the wires come out.
post #1850 of 2261
Okay so I used the old paperclip method and it did power on. The fan spins inside the psu no problem. But I reinstalled it onto my motherboard and it won't start. This is getting interesting.
I may have an idea. Along with this fan swap I also changed the Supremefx sound card to the newer revision soundcard from the Vii impact.
Could that be the reason why the thing won't even turn on????
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] EVGA Hadron Air Owners Club