Overclock.net › Forums › Specialty Builds › Small Form Factor Systems › Corsair Obsidian 250D Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Corsair Obsidian 250D Club - Page 17

post #161 of 3052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nada190 View Post

Is it possible to have positive pressure in this case?

I want to have a AF140 in front and two SP120 HPs on a H100i but that's negative pressure.

I'm pretty sure you can. Just have the H100i mounted with the fans blowing air into the case. Linus talked about having positive airflow in this case with that kind of setup.
post #162 of 3052
Quote:
Originally Posted by weredawg View Post

I'm pretty sure you can. Just have the H100i mounted with the fans blowing air into the case. Linus talked about having positive airflow in this case with that kind of setup.
Yeah that's the same setup I currently have. Works well.
post #163 of 3052
I have moved my build to the 250D and added the Corsair RM650 (I had Microcenter PM Newegg at $89) and H100i. My temps so far are even lower than what I was getting in my previous SG10 and in the RVZ01. Though I might just return this PSU and go with a Silverstone PSU so I can use the PP05 short cable kit. The cables are a nightmare with the RM series and wish that Corsair made a shorter cable kit for their PSU's.

I'll get some pictures posted later today sometime, this was an interesting build. The RVZ01 is an awesome case, but a few small things were bugging me with the case, especially when it came to AIO water cooling the CPU. The slight testing I have done so far, the loudest part of this case on idle is the 140mm front fan which I will be replacing this week with an AF140. I haven't had a chance to put this through its paces since I finished putting my system together very late last night.
post #164 of 3052
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainZombie View Post

I have moved my build to the 250D and added the Corsair RM650 (I had Microcenter PM Newegg at $89) and H100i. My temps so far are even lower than what I was getting in my previous SG10 and in the RVZ01. Though I might just return this PSU and go with a Silverstone PSU so I can use the PP05 short cable kit. The cables are a nightmare with the RM series and wish that Corsair made a shorter cable kit for their PSU's.

I'll get some pictures posted later today sometime, this was an interesting build. The RVZ01 is an awesome case, but a few small things were bugging me with the case, especially when it came to AIO water cooling the CPU. The slight testing I have done so far, the loudest part of this case on idle is the 140mm front fan which I will be replacing this week with an AF140. I haven't had a chance to put this through its paces since I finished putting my system together very late last night.

If you have the PP05 kit already, you can probably use the PCIE, SATA, & Molex cables with the Corsair. I checked them for my Seasonic G series and they all worked, presently using the PP05 SATA cable (only mod connector I'm using period) which was a lot easier to use than the flat SATA from Seasonic the way the SATA connectors laid out on top of each other.

NFC S4 Transplant
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 3770K P8Z77-I DELUXE EVGA GTX 750 Ti Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
G Skill Ripjaws 1600Mhz 2x8GB Samsung 840 Pro 256GB Win 10 Samsung 840 Pro 256GB Linux Mint 17 Noctua L9i 
OSOSMonitorKeyboard
Win 10 Pro Linux Mint 17 HP Envy 32" Bang & Olufsen SIIG Mech 
PowerCaseMouse
Dell 330W brick plus HD Plex 160/200W NFC S4 Logitech M310 
  hide details  
Reply
NFC S4 Transplant
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 3770K P8Z77-I DELUXE EVGA GTX 750 Ti Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
G Skill Ripjaws 1600Mhz 2x8GB Samsung 840 Pro 256GB Win 10 Samsung 840 Pro 256GB Linux Mint 17 Noctua L9i 
OSOSMonitorKeyboard
Win 10 Pro Linux Mint 17 HP Envy 32" Bang & Olufsen SIIG Mech 
PowerCaseMouse
Dell 330W brick plus HD Plex 160/200W NFC S4 Logitech M310 
  hide details  
Reply
post #165 of 3052
Quote:
Originally Posted by frack0 View Post

If you have the PP05 kit already, you can probably use the PCIE, SATA, & Molex cables with the Corsair. I checked them for my Seasonic G series and they all worked, presently using the PP05 SATA cable (only mod connector I'm using period) which was a lot easier to use than the flat SATA from Seasonic the way the SATA connectors laid out on top of each other.


I don't have the kit yet, thanks for the FYI on that. I didn't know some of the cables worked with other PSU's.
post #166 of 3052
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainZombie View Post

I don't have the kit yet, thanks for the FYI on that. I didn't know some of the cables worked with other PSU's.

I'd still ohm them out first of course, but the only difference I found between the 2 cables was that that the starting and ending grounds were swapped but that has no effect. It must be standardized at both ends on those 3 otherwise there'd be chaos.
NFC S4 Transplant
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 3770K P8Z77-I DELUXE EVGA GTX 750 Ti Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
G Skill Ripjaws 1600Mhz 2x8GB Samsung 840 Pro 256GB Win 10 Samsung 840 Pro 256GB Linux Mint 17 Noctua L9i 
OSOSMonitorKeyboard
Win 10 Pro Linux Mint 17 HP Envy 32" Bang & Olufsen SIIG Mech 
PowerCaseMouse
Dell 330W brick plus HD Plex 160/200W NFC S4 Logitech M310 
  hide details  
Reply
NFC S4 Transplant
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 3770K P8Z77-I DELUXE EVGA GTX 750 Ti Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
G Skill Ripjaws 1600Mhz 2x8GB Samsung 840 Pro 256GB Win 10 Samsung 840 Pro 256GB Linux Mint 17 Noctua L9i 
OSOSMonitorKeyboard
Win 10 Pro Linux Mint 17 HP Envy 32" Bang & Olufsen SIIG Mech 
PowerCaseMouse
Dell 330W brick plus HD Plex 160/200W NFC S4 Logitech M310 
  hide details  
Reply
post #167 of 3052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nada190 View Post

Is it possible to have positive pressure in this case?

I want to have a AF140 in front and two SP120 HPs on a H100i but that's negative pressure.

My two H100i fans are sucking air into the case, the front fan does the same. The vid card is a stock EVGA GTX 780 so it sucks air in and expels it out the back as does the PSU. I'm letting the machine run for a week to see what kind of dust patterns I get. Temps have been fine, you can feel all the air being pushed out the back of the case by the over-pressure...which gives me nice airflow over the mobo. I think it's the way to go w/this case.
post #168 of 3052
I didn't know if it could be done and I hadn't seen anyone try it yet so I figured why not...

Adding a Corsair H90 AIO CPU cooler to my GPU with the NZXT Kraken G10 Adapter.

First I had to rotate the radiator for my H100i so the hoses were to the rear. This left no room for my 80 mm exhaust fans. Who needs them right?

Who indeed...


Now that I had room in the front of the case for the H90's 140 mm radiator it was time to tear into my $700 video card...and cry just a bit. Manly tears.




Now the reviews for this cooler have been kind of meh, mostly because of a lack of VRAM and VRM cooling. So I took it upon myself to add a bit in this department.


After a bit of wrestling and some choice words I finally got it to fit into the case. For those of you that might want to try this...water hoses down. Put the radiator upside down as well.


Now because of the reduced intake airflow my case was going to run with a slight negative pressure. Not something I'm fond of. I could have removed my exhaust fans that are just hanging off the abck of the case but why? I found a way to add some extra airflow and help cool the video card even further.






With an ambient temperature of 19 my GPU now idles at 20 degrees vs the 41 before.

Under load (Furmark for 15 minutes) GPU temps reached 43 degrees vs 82 before.

My video card doesn't report VRM temps so I used an infrared thermometer and got a high temp of 53.

Now I can get back to South Park and the Stick of Truth...
post #169 of 3052
Here are pics from my build last night.....






post #170 of 3052
I plan to replace the front 140mm fan. I have a few AF120's laying around, would I be better off getting a AF140 to replace the stock fan? Figuring there would be more airflow with the AF140.

I will say that the H100i is awesome even though it was a PITA to get in this case with my mobo. Pretty nice that my temps are a few degrees lower than the the H60.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelHell View Post

I didn't know if it could be done and I hadn't seen anyone try it yet so I figured why not...

Adding a Corsair H90 AIO CPU cooler to my GPU with the NZXT Kraken G10 Adapter.

First I had to rotate the radiator for my H100i so the hoses were to the rear. This left no room for my 80 mm exhaust fans. Who needs them right?

Who indeed...


Now that I had room in the front of the case for the H90's 140 mm radiator it was time to tear into my $700 video card...and cry just a bit. Manly tears.


Now I can get back to South Park and the Stick of Truth...

That is awesome that you got the G10 to fit in this case. thumb.gif

BTW, how is the new South Park game?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Small Form Factor Systems
Overclock.net › Forums › Specialty Builds › Small Form Factor Systems › Corsair Obsidian 250D Club