Overclock.net › Forums › Specialty Builds › Small Form Factor Systems › Corsair Obsidian 250D Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Corsair Obsidian 250D Club - Page 33

post #321 of 3052
Quote:
Originally Posted by FurY2014 View Post

Right, thanks for that. The stock ones at that RPM are definitely audible, I wouldn't mind a slight swish next to me on the table but the stock ones at 800-900rpm are very audible, I am just concerned that the quiet ones aren't up to the task of cooling a slight overcook (I don't game at all).

I haven't tried the SP120 quiet but I'm pretty sure they'd be fine too. The air pressure rating is a little on the low side though. And when I say my CPU is at idle I have all cores locked at 4.1 Ghz on a i7 4770. Throttling is disabled. I'd like to push my clocks higher than that but I fear my overclocked RAM (2400 Mhz) is causing instability when I push the CPU much higher.
post #322 of 3052
Fair enough RebelHell, that clarifies a bit more indeed. I just found those Enermax fans and frankly speaking, for the price I am just tempted to get them and see how they perform. Airflow is ether than the Corsair quiet fans and dimensions are the same so no issue to fit.
Will advise over here when I have them fitted.

Edit: I just read some reviews on the SP120 quiet edition fans and I think I am just going to go for those now biggrin.gif
Edited by FurY2014 - 3/17/14 at 2:46pm
post #323 of 3052
Just quickly installed a NZXT sleeved LED kit. I'm gonna play around with the layout when I clean up the cables. So far the case has been great.
pictures! (Click to show)


post #324 of 3052
Thread Starter 
I was wondering on how to apply leds on my case, now i think i know how (abit diffrent than you) im gonna put them at both sides of window for equall light effect smile.gif
post #325 of 3052
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwkrep82 View Post

My 250D build (work in progress):

Asus Maximus VI Impact
Corsair RM750
Intel Core i5 4670K
Corsair H100i w/Corsair SP120 Performance in pull
16GB GSkill Trident X 2400mhz
Samung EVO 120GB ssd
MSI Reference R9-290x cooled by NZXT Kraken G10 w/Kraken x40 and Corsair AF140/AF140 LED in push pull
Two 80mm (15mm thin) NoiseBlocker NB-BlackSilentPro for exhaust

Does the Kraken G10 & x40 interfere with the ODD tray?
post #326 of 3052
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTheTiger View Post

Does the Kraken G10 & x40 interfere with the ODD tray?

I can't speak for the X40 but I have the Kraken G10 with the Corsair H90 and was able to fit it with the optical drive. You just have to mount the cooler on the card with the hoses pointing down and mount the radiator upside down so the hoses don't interfere with the drive bay. I tried every other orientation but that was the only way to make it work. The X40 does have slightly longer hoses. Not sure if this would be a help or a hindrance. YMMV

post #327 of 3052
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelHell View Post

I can't speak for the X40 but I have the Kraken G10 with the Corsair H90 and was able to fit it with the optical drive. You just have to mount the cooler on the card with the hoses pointing down and mount the radiator upside down so the hoses don't interfere with the drive bay. I tried every other orientation but that was the only way to make it work. The X40 does have slightly longer hoses. Not sure if this would be a help or a hindrance. YMMV


I had an H90 before...may have to get another. I'm between this case and the phenom. I'm leaning towards the 250d, though.
post #328 of 3052
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelHell View Post

I can't speak for the X40 but I have the Kraken G10 with the Corsair H90 and was able to fit it with the optical drive. You just have to mount the cooler on the card with the hoses pointing down and mount the radiator upside down so the hoses don't interfere with the drive bay. I tried every other orientation but that was the only way to make it work. The X40 does have slightly longer hoses. Not sure if this would be a help or a hindrance. YMMV

How do you have the pumps and fans connected to the impact? (i.e - which header for which pump, splitters, etc.)
post #329 of 3052
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTheTiger View Post

How do you have the pumps and fans connected to the impact? (i.e - which header for which pump, splitters, etc.)

The pump is connected straight to 12V. The 140mm Fan on the rad is connected to the motherboards front pwm fan connector and the 90mm video card fan is connected straight to 12V. The 90mm is now the loudest fan in my system. It's not too bad but I will eventually connect it to a controller so I can slow it down a bit.
post #330 of 3052
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelHell View Post

The pump is connected straight to 12V. The 140mm Fan on the rad is connected to the motherboards front pwm fan connector and the 90mm video card fan is connected straight to 12V. The 90mm is now the loudest fan in my system. It's not too bad but I will eventually connect it to a controller so I can slow it down a bit.
By 12V, do you mean straight to the PSU?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Small Form Factor Systems
Overclock.net › Forums › Specialty Builds › Small Form Factor Systems › Corsair Obsidian 250D Club