Overclock.net › Forums › Specialty Builds › Small Form Factor Systems › Silverstone Raven RVZ01 / RVZ02 / ML07 / ML08 / FTZ01 Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Silverstone Raven RVZ01 / RVZ02 / ML07 / ML08 / FTZ01 Owners Club - Page 42

post #411 of 7102
Quote:
Originally Posted by agrims View Post

Anyone more savy on this case than me want to chime in on something?

As I am currently the only "Red Tide" person with aspirations of this case, can someone look at the Gigabyte A88XN-Wifi, and tell me if the NT06-PRO will fit? From my picture dead reckoning, I believe that it will as there seems to be a good quarter of an inch difference in socket placement than the Z77E-ITX because the orientation of the socket is different. The A88X is running north/south in relation to the IO/RAM slots, whereas the Z77 is east/west.

Maybe a certain shop owner has one of these boards, and can dry fit them as the PCI slot seems to be the issue.

While mine is not the AMD version I do have the Intel version Gigabyte LGA 1150 Intel Z87 Wifi, and from looking at picks it looks like it will still have CPU socket pretty close to the PCI-E slot. One good thing tho is if you are not one to overclock AMD's stock coolers are far better then Intels.
post #412 of 7102
Ohh, it's okay Jim, I am used to people giving no love for AMD.. Honestly, it is the prospect of HSA and hUMA that has me so stoked, as I feel this will be the next big thing. I just hope that Intel doesn't roshambo AMD like they did back in the day with a certain common archetecture....

Anyways, I have love for the underdog, and seeing first hand what HSA can do in programs like Libre Office, and other productivity suites, I have faith that the APU is going places. Also, the big problem with every FM2+ board so far isn't fire, or other issues, but the fact that they were produced well before Kaveri came to market, and the BIOS needs to be flashed to support Kaveri. Fortunately, I know 2 things: If I buy a board, I always ask the retailer to flash it to the most current BIOS. If it is a second hand board, I generally stay with the same or like socket, and flash myself. I currently own 2 Athlon X4 750K's, so one will do the deed just fine flashing the BIOS.

Do I wish that AMD would release a big core dCPU that could run on an ITX mobo without fear that merely hitting the power button would cause sparks, fire, and death.... Yes.
Will it happen: No.
Why? Because HSA spanks the pants off of any current Haswell CPU in speed, and only in 1 of the HSA tests does it get neck and neck. Any current FX would be a lost cause on AM3+ with the lack of support for current PCI 3.0, etc, and they aren't HSA compatible. anyways, rant :30 over wink.gif

I hope I can pave the way for others to go big red in a tiny box! And thanks Jim for giving me your perspective on if it will fit, looks like my original position on getting a Sedion or Kuhler is now firmly cemented! +rep to you!
Little big shot
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5 6600K Asus Z170I Pro Gaming PowerColor Red Devil RX 480 G Skill Trident Z 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial MX300 525GB Corsair H55 Windows 10 Home Samsung 27" 1080p LED 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Black Widow Ultimate Corsair RM550 Thermaltake Core V1 Razer Death Adder 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus Control 
  hide details  
Reply
Little big shot
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5 6600K Asus Z170I Pro Gaming PowerColor Red Devil RX 480 G Skill Trident Z 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial MX300 525GB Corsair H55 Windows 10 Home Samsung 27" 1080p LED 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Black Widow Ultimate Corsair RM550 Thermaltake Core V1 Razer Death Adder 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus Control 
  hide details  
Reply
post #413 of 7102
Quote:
Originally Posted by PikkonMG View Post

While mine is not the AMD version I do have the Intel version Gigabyte LGA 1150 Intel Z87 Wifi, and from looking at picks it looks like it will still have CPU socket pretty close to the PCI-E slot. One good thing tho is if you are not one to overclock AMD's stock coolers are far better then Intels.

Ohhh baby, this is OCN, I'll be pushing the hell out of this setup. Besides, otherwise would be a carnal sin in the eyes of my bank account god, the electrical god, and the wife god!
Little big shot
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5 6600K Asus Z170I Pro Gaming PowerColor Red Devil RX 480 G Skill Trident Z 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial MX300 525GB Corsair H55 Windows 10 Home Samsung 27" 1080p LED 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Black Widow Ultimate Corsair RM550 Thermaltake Core V1 Razer Death Adder 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus Control 
  hide details  
Reply
Little big shot
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5 6600K Asus Z170I Pro Gaming PowerColor Red Devil RX 480 G Skill Trident Z 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial MX300 525GB Corsair H55 Windows 10 Home Samsung 27" 1080p LED 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Black Widow Ultimate Corsair RM550 Thermaltake Core V1 Razer Death Adder 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus Control 
  hide details  
Reply
post #414 of 7102
Just got my case in yesterday! Even with the 'preferred' CPU socket location and an Asetek knockoff AIO this thing is sure puts up a fight. However, my cable management was horrendous and it was getting late (UPS dropped it off at like 9...) when I threw in the towel for the night. Going to get back into later this week and see if I don't have more success.
post #415 of 7102
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazTOO View Post


As soon as I am ready to build it i will post pictures here on this thread but not before silverstone makes a more powerful PSU - waiting for the 600W to appear... like they promised.

Indeed i had to remove the fans but the inno3d has temps at idle about 29-31C and stressed 61C. Additionally like you wrote - the case has some opening for the air to flow sideways out SO IT WILL HELP.

If you have problems with cable management try the PP05-E and they also have very slim SATA cables (although I am not entirely sure because I have yet to install everything probably end of april).

Have a nice game and a cool rig everyone!! thumb.gif

Excellent, I will be expecting it! Hope that silverstone releases the 600W PSU very soon then.
Thanks for the suggestion as well. I will give it another try with the PP05 cables the PSU has, but if I cannot do a better job at cable management I will get the PP05-E.
post #416 of 7102
Got the case for a week smile.gif

Silverstone Raven RVZ01
- H77n-Wifi ( i dont care about overcloking)
- Intel i5 3470 + Corsair H55 (better tdp than haswell, cheaper and nearly the same perf than 4570
- 6go de ram ( old 1600mhz , will buy better later smile.gif )
- PSU 450w sfx gold silverstone.
- SSD 120go 840 Samsung + HDD 3TO
- - 560gtx Ti + Accelero Mono Plus (my 560gtx ti fan were noisy) i will upgrade for a 8xx later this year, tdp will be far better than the actual 7xx serie (according their work with the 750m)

the accelero :
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835186063

it take a little tinkering with the case, i had to cut part of the outter shell (behind the side panel it's invisible), the width of the accelero is a little too much (3-4mm) for the raven.

The OS :

It's my first steam Machine, OS is Ubuntu with Steam Session.
post #417 of 7102
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainZombie View Post

Yes, you are supposed to set all 3 fans as intakes for positive air pressure. What happens then is that all the heat expels outside of the case as the 2 sides are open with ventilation and then rear has the vents to push the heat out of there too. For the two fans under the GPU, I was using 2x Corsair AF120's and then the slim case fan on the panel.

In the week that I had the case running like this, I didn't have any issues with heat. Granted I didn't OC my components like some might be.

My idle temps on the 770 ACX were 29 degrees roughly with 58-59 degrees under load. My CPU was at 32-36 degrees on idle with about 45-48 degrees under load.

Hey Captain! Those temperatures look really nice!
I assume that was with the Corsair AF120 fans; did you had the chance to test the temperatures of the ACX card with the silverstione slim fans? Any other benchmark program that would've put it higher than 59 degrees?

Also, how about the rest of the case when the GPU is at load; does it gets a little warm or stays cool? Just so you understand what I want to compare, my case with the blower cooler gets hot only near the exhaust of the card and near the back of the motherboard. That would be near the closest fan in the GPU connectors area, and from that point down until you are touching the part where the back of the motherboard should be. If I touch around the PSU area, or the other side of the case, it is cold.

Thanks! smile.gif
post #418 of 7102
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariolillo View Post

Hey Captain! Those temperatures look really nice!
I assume that was with the Corsair AF120 fans; did you had the chance to test the temperatures of the ACX card with the silverstione slim fans? Any other benchmark program that would've put it higher than 59 degrees?

Also, how about the rest of the case when the GPU is at load; does it gets a little warm or stays cool? Just so you understand what I want to compare, my case with the blower cooler gets hot only near the exhaust of the card and near the back of the motherboard. That would be near the closest fan in the GPU connectors area, and from that point down until you are touching the part where the back of the motherboard should be. If I touch around the PSU area, or the other side of the case, it is cold.

Thanks! smile.gif

Hey Mario, the temps were awesome in this case for sure. I didn't have any issues in that dept.

I only tested with the AF120's under the GPU because I wanted to get as much as air flow as possible to the 770 without choking the card. I never surpassed 59 degrees and that was also playing a few hours of BF4. I only used Precision X when I did my testing, didn't really do anything extensive.

Yeah, the rest of the case was warm but the heat expels out from all 3 sides. I think with a blower style, that would make sense for the GPU to be hot in the rear as you mention. I would still load up both slots with fans, it can never hurt to try and add as much fresh air into this case as possible.

Like I said before, this was an awesome case and I might come back to it at a later date if the water cooling gets a better solution and when the 600W PSU surfaces.
post #419 of 7102
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainZombie View Post

Hey Mario, the temps were awesome in this case for sure. I didn't have any issues in that dept.

I only tested with the AF120's under the GPU because I wanted to get as much as air flow as possible to the 770 without choking the card. I never surpassed 59 degrees and that was also playing a few hours of BF4. I only used Precision X when I did my testing, didn't really do anything extensive.

Yeah, the rest of the case was warm but the heat expels out from all 3 sides. I think with a blower style, that would make sense for the GPU to be hot in the rear as you mention. I would still load up both slots with fans, it can never hurt to try and add as much fresh air into this case as possible.

Like I said before, this was an awesome case and I might come back to it at a later date if the water cooling gets a better solution and when the 600W PSU surfaces.

Thanks for your input!

I still have to test mine with a few games, but with Unigine it ramped up all the way to 80C, so pretty sure it would be the same with BF4.
I'll have to get one or two AF120 as well, or another fan in the same level of performance to see if it helps the blower temperatures. Nevertheless, it will surely help with the airflow.

As for the 600W PSU and the water cooling, hopefully something will be available sooner than later, I'm personally waiting for the 600W PSU to do overclocking.
post #420 of 7102
I wonder what should be the minimum distance between the cpu fan and side fan or gpu fans and bottom fans. I currently have ordered a third 15mm fan, but when doing calculations I could fit 25mm fans in both places with a few mm of clearance. Would this create a lot of turbulence or other impaired performance? I was planning on eventually getting Noctua NF-S12A fans for the case.

I emailed Silverstone and they told me that the 600w PSU won't be available until August as they haven't even started mass production yet. I saw pictures of one at CeBit so I asked them.

I got me an Asus Z87I-Pro, which looks to have a pretty centered cpu-socket (at least compared to the MSI boards) for my Zalman CNPS8900 Quiet. I also ordered a MSI Gaming R9 290 as the store couldn't get the hold of a Gigabyte 280x I ordered previously. The MSI was the only 290 available at a decent price (they were asking 450€ for a Gigabyte 290). Not many reviews for it though.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Small Form Factor Systems
Overclock.net › Forums › Specialty Builds › Small Form Factor Systems › Silverstone Raven RVZ01 / RVZ02 / ML07 / ML08 / FTZ01 Owners Club