Overclock.net › Forums › Specialty Builds › Small Form Factor Systems › Silverstone Raven RVZ01 / RVZ02 / ML07 / ML08 / FTZ01 Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Silverstone Raven RVZ01 / RVZ02 / ML07 / ML08 / FTZ01 Owners Club - Page 51

post #501 of 7130
290x should arrive tomorrow and I'll finally have finished build. No 780ti available at the moment for decent price.

Thanks to Jimhans1 again, saved me a ton of money with the measurements.

One thing about the case, I'm little suprised how much space there is for the psu.
post #502 of 7130
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmaven View Post

I will keep it, don't want to pay extra money for post + wait another month for next piece.

At the end, i will cut window and color the inside. That origin plastic black is ugly anyway. biggrin.gif

Excellent! tongue.gif The wait is unbearable. Which color are you planning to paint it?
post #503 of 7130
Hi everybody!

I've been lurking on this thread for the last few days, just wanted to thank you all for being such a great resource of information on builds that use the RVZ01. I just pulled the trigger on my components yesterday, here's I'll be using:


Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core
Silverstone NT06-PRO 74.0 CFM Sleeve Bearing
Asus Maximus VI Impact Mini ITX LGA1150
Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600
Silverstone RVZ01B Mini ITX Desktop (DUH)
Silverstone 450W SFX12V
ASUS GTX670-DC2OG-2GD5 (From previous HTPC build)

Right now I'm struggling with storage options. I had my mind made up to incorporate a 64GB Crucial SSD and a 2TB WD Black 3.5" drive using Intel Smart Response SSD caching. I'm having second thoughts because (according to the manual) the RVZ01 wasn't really designed with 3.5 inch drives in mind. I did notice that pretty much everybody here has a 3.5 inch drive so I wanted know what the groups take on it was. Any advice would be appreciated, I'm really open to all storage possibilities. Heat and noise being a concern.

Also, does anybody have some completed build pix using the Asus VI Impact with the Silverstone NT06? Just wanted to make sure I install it the right way.

Thanks again,
KeeferMadness
post #504 of 7130
Quote:
Originally Posted by keefermadness View Post

Hi everybody!

I've been lurking on this thread for the last few days, just wanted to thank you all for being such a great resource of information on builds that use the RVZ01. I just pulled the trigger on my components yesterday, here's I'll be using:


Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core
Silverstone NT06-PRO 74.0 CFM Sleeve Bearing
Asus Maximus VI Impact Mini ITX LGA1150
Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600
Silverstone RVZ01B Mini ITX Desktop (DUH)
Silverstone 450W SFX12V
ASUS GTX670-DC2OG-2GD5 (From previous HTPC build)

Right now I'm struggling with storage options. I had my mind made up to incorporate a 64GB Crucial SSD and a 2TB WD Black 3.5" drive using Intel Smart Response SSD caching. I'm having second thoughts because (according to the manual) the RVZ01 wasn't really designed with 3.5 inch drives in mind. I did notice that pretty much everybody here has a 3.5 inch drive so I wanted know what the groups take on it was. Any advice would be appreciated, I'm really open to all storage possibilities. Heat and noise being a concern.

Also, does anybody have some completed build pix using the Asus VI Impact with the Silverstone NT06? Just wanted to make sure I install it the right way.

Thanks again,
KeeferMadness

Option 1: With the prices of SSD's dropping why not consider getting a 240GB+ (O/S + Main applications) and a 2TB+ 3.5inch 7200rpm drive (Games + Media Storage). That will work much more efficient and faster then using a 64gb SSD as cache.

Option 2: was to go with a couple 2.5inch Western Digital Black 750 GB 7200RPM drives and run them in a raid with a seperate 240GB+ SSD.

Option 3: would to use an M.2 NGFF SSD that fits right beside the WiFi card.

thumb.gif
Edited by hyp36rmax - 3/21/14 at 9:37am
#phase02
(24 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 5820k Asus X99M-WS Sapphire r9 290X Vapor-X 8GB Sapphire r9 290X Vapor-X 8GB 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair 16GB LPX DDR4 Crucial M4 256GB SSD Toshiba 4TB HDD Swiftech Apogee Drive II 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Bitspower Single 5.25" bay Reservoir Alphacool XT45 180mm Radiator Alphacool UT60 120mm Radiator EK-FC VAPOR-X GPU Water-Block 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK-FC VAPOR-X GPU Water-Block Silverstone AP182 Air Penetrator 180mm Fan Scythe Gentle Typhoon AP29 Windows 10 PRO 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS PB2874Q 4K  Cooler Master Quickfire XTi Seasonic SS-1200XPS3 1200 Watt Platinum Silverstone TJ08-E 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Cooler Master Reaper Steel Series QCK+ Large Denon AVR Surround Receiever Beyerdynamic DT990 250 ohms Headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
#phase02
(24 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 5820k Asus X99M-WS Sapphire r9 290X Vapor-X 8GB Sapphire r9 290X Vapor-X 8GB 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair 16GB LPX DDR4 Crucial M4 256GB SSD Toshiba 4TB HDD Swiftech Apogee Drive II 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Bitspower Single 5.25" bay Reservoir Alphacool XT45 180mm Radiator Alphacool UT60 120mm Radiator EK-FC VAPOR-X GPU Water-Block 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK-FC VAPOR-X GPU Water-Block Silverstone AP182 Air Penetrator 180mm Fan Scythe Gentle Typhoon AP29 Windows 10 PRO 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS PB2874Q 4K  Cooler Master Quickfire XTi Seasonic SS-1200XPS3 1200 Watt Platinum Silverstone TJ08-E 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Cooler Master Reaper Steel Series QCK+ Large Denon AVR Surround Receiever Beyerdynamic DT990 250 ohms Headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
post #505 of 7130
Quote:
Originally Posted by keefermadness View Post

Hi everybody!

I've been lurking on this thread for the last few days, just wanted to thank you all for being such a great resource of information on builds that use the RVZ01. I just pulled the trigger on my components yesterday, here's I'll be using:


Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core
Silverstone NT06-PRO 74.0 CFM Sleeve Bearing
Asus Maximus VI Impact Mini ITX LGA1150
Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600
Silverstone RVZ01B Mini ITX Desktop (DUH)
Silverstone 450W SFX12V
ASUS GTX670-DC2OG-2GD5 (From previous HTPC build)

Right now I'm struggling with storage options. I had my mind made up to incorporate a 64GB Crucial SSD and a 2TB WD Black 3.5" drive using Intel Smart Response SSD caching. I'm having second thoughts because (according to the manual) the RVZ01 wasn't really designed with 3.5 inch drives in mind. I did notice that pretty much everybody here has a 3.5 inch drive so I wanted know what the groups take on it was. Any advice would be appreciated, I'm really open to all storage possibilities. Heat and noise being a concern.

Also, does anybody have some completed build pix using the Asus VI Impact with the Silverstone NT06? Just wanted to make sure I install it the right way.

Thanks again,
KeeferMadness

The suggestion above by hpy36rmax is pretty good, but if you don't want to spend money check out this picture on this thread (Drerex build):
LL
3.5 inch drive on top of PSU with PP05-E cable kit. Should work out well for you if you don't have enough money right now to buy a few smaller drives
Edited by Mariolillo - 3/21/14 at 12:31pm
post #506 of 7130
today I got this case and I've found the PSU fan to be a little noisy, it says it's version 2 but still I'm sat away from my desk and can hear the motor spinning, is this usual?

apart from that it's an amazing case, I'll post some pictures soon, has anyone got any suggestions on how to get all 3 case fans powered?
post #507 of 7130
Quote:
Originally Posted by funnybutrandom View Post

today I got this case and I've found the PSU fan to be a little noisy, it says it's version 2 but still I'm sat away from my desk and can hear the motor spinning, is this usual?

apart from that it's an amazing case, I'll post some pictures soon, has anyone got any suggestions on how to get all 3 case fans powered?



Well my psu is really silent luckily, even though I was prepared for something horrible biggrin.gif V2- psu, 3770K and 290X .

Is it noisy all the time or when using a lot of power, like gaming?

When gaming I can't hear the psu fan over the 290x ( quiet- mode) so atleast it's not louder than that even then. On desktop- use the NT06- fan is the only clear audible sound.
Edited by Jealousy - 3/22/14 at 3:39am
post #508 of 7130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jealousy View Post

Well my psu is really silent luckily, even though I was prepared for something horrible biggrin.gif My build is 3770K and 290X .

Mine is 3570k with a 770, I don't think that's pushing it too much
post #509 of 7130
I just built my new gaming machine using this case.

Case: SilverStone RVZ01B
PSU: Silverstone ST45SF-G
MB: ASRock Z87E-ITX
CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K
CPU Cooler: Stock
RAM: Patriot Viper 3 16GB DDR3 1600
SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO MZ-7TE250BW
HD: Seagate ST2000DX001 2TB
GPU: MSI Gaming N760 TF 2GD5/OC

I'm stuck using the stock CPU cooler due to the height of my DIMMs. I think if I used DIMMs without tall heatspreaders, I would've been able to use another cooler. It's fine though, since I don't plan to overclock my CPU.
post #510 of 7130
Hi I am back, but not very happy. mad.gif

Still have to return the MSI Geforce GTX 770 Gaming OC graphics card. This because of system instability issues. See my order posts.

In the meantime I have ordered and received an EVGA Geforce GTX 770 graphics card.
Installed this EVGA GTX 770 graphics card in my Raven RVZ01. And without the Nvidia driver installed the system again runs fine. However after installing the Nvidia driver the system becomes again unstable. Signal loss on HDMI. Windows 7 shows the boot screen. Four flying orbs are shown and it freezes. HDD LED is still blinking. Sometimes I could still shut down the system using ALT-F4-ENTER.

Searched the internet. Found multiple users with the same issues. But did not find any real solutions.
Used driver sweeper. tried different Nvidia drivers. Did a fresh install of Windows 7/8 multiple times.
Checked the MSI boards BIOS settings. Disabled some boost settings Changed PEG0 – Gen X from Auto to Gen3. All without any luck.

Just don't know what is going wrong here. And I don't know what to do next. This is becoming very frustrating.

Heard about multiple good running systems here on this forum. And therefore I hope you guys could help me solve this problem.

Kind regards, Tdelfin

Raven RVZ01 specs:

- Silverstone / RVZ01
- Silverstone / ST45SF-G
- Silverstone / SST-PP05-E
- MSI / MB Z87I GAMING AC
- Intel / i5-4670K
- Silverstone / NT06-Pro
- Crucial / 8GB DDR3 PC3-12800
- Silverstone / SOD02
- 2X Scythe / Slip Stream 120 mm Slim Case Fan
- Crucial M500 480GB SSD
- Western Digital Green 2TB HDD
- EVGA Geforce GTX770 (02G-P4-2770-KR)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Small Form Factor Systems
Overclock.net › Forums › Specialty Builds › Small Form Factor Systems › Silverstone Raven RVZ01 / RVZ02 / ML07 / ML08 / FTZ01 Owners Club