Overclock.net › Forums › Specialty Builds › Small Form Factor Systems › Silverstone Raven RVZ01 / RVZ02 / ML07 / ML08 / FTZ01 Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Silverstone Raven RVZ01 / RVZ02 / ML07 / ML08 / FTZ01 Owners Club - Page 613

post #6121 of 7131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoimmunity View Post

Alright guys, so I've finished my ML08 build, and it's looking good:

I was able to get the CPU to 4.5 GHz easily @ 1.3v, and the temps stayed well below 80c in Aida 64 and Realbench, not bad for a low-profile cooler. Perhaps later I'll try to push it further, but for now I am quite happy with the results.

Can you tell me how the motherboard temp is stock vs overclocked? I've ran realbench on stock 10 rounds of video encoding and my motherboard temp reached 42c. CPU temp was splendid but it seems all that heat isn't dissipating and the motherboard suffers for it. My setup:

i5-6600k
ASRock Z170 Gaming iTX/AC
Big Shuriken 2 Rev. B

edit: I'm wondering because my OC'd 5930k motherboard temps don't go past 30c granted there is much more airflow. What's considered too high?
PewPew
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6850k ASRock X99 Taichi EVGA GTX 1070 FTW GeiL 4x8GB DDR4 3000 RGB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Intel 600p 512GB NZXT X61 Windows 10 Pro Asus PB278Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CM Masterkeys L RGB Brown EVGA GS 1050W Corsair 400c Logitech G502 RGB 
  hide details  
Reply
PewPew
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6850k ASRock X99 Taichi EVGA GTX 1070 FTW GeiL 4x8GB DDR4 3000 RGB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Intel 600p 512GB NZXT X61 Windows 10 Pro Asus PB278Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CM Masterkeys L RGB Brown EVGA GS 1050W Corsair 400c Logitech G502 RGB 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6122 of 7131
I figured out how to mount a h55 and a full thickness fan into the RVZ01, thought I'd share as I've only seen it done with slim fans. You just have to mount the pump diagonally in the case so the fittings face towards the top left (or bottom right) bracket screw. This allows the hoses to lay down flat on both sides of the pump, no kinks and the side panel closes no problem. There is even enough space left between the pump and the fan that it may be possible to do push pull with slim fans.

crappy phone pics







Edited by Hammerdin - 6/18/16 at 6:48am
post #6123 of 7131
Well done. I'm using a H60 i believe and had to use a slim fan. smile.gif
post #6124 of 7131
Anyone here done build with the new Silverstone rvz01-E ? Would be great upgrade for me budget wise because I could keep my old power supply.
post #6125 of 7131
Must be nice to have a regular PSU in a small case tongue.gif

They didn't change a thing around where the MB is, it's near the edge of the case they moved some things (it's true that there was some place left). So anybuild like in the previous RVZ01 should work with a normal PSU.

The could have improved the GPU section though. The RVZ02 is smarter in that aera.
post #6126 of 7131
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgeofblade View Post

Nice build. I see you have the handle. I'm sure by now you've found out how uncomfortable it is to actually carry. Last night, I wrapped mine in black athletic tape. I was exploring other options, but this seemed like the best. Might add something additional to keep it together.

As for non-blower coolers, modding three 80mm fan ports under the handle and mounting 80mmX15mm fans seems to have some very positive effects for venting cards that don't blow out a slot vent. I know my system with a Gigabyte G1 980ti gets pretty hot, and the design is similar to your 1080. And those fans help considerably.

That's an interesting idea, any advice on how to do it?

Also, what's the noise level like? To be honest, I really don't mind if my card runs a little warm, as long as it isn't also loud. 85C and below is fine with me, as currently my 780 sounds like a jet engine at the same temperature.
post #6127 of 7131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoimmunity View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgeofblade View Post

Nice build. I see you have the handle. I'm sure by now you've found out how uncomfortable it is to actually carry. Last night, I wrapped mine in black athletic tape. I was exploring other options, but this seemed like the best. Might add something additional to keep it together.

As for non-blower coolers, modding three 80mm fan ports under the handle and mounting 80mmX15mm fans seems to have some very positive effects for venting cards that don't blow out a slot vent. I know my system with a Gigabyte G1 980ti gets pretty hot, and the design is similar to your 1080. And those fans help considerably.

That's an interesting idea, any advice on how to do it?

Also, what's the noise level like? To be honest, I really don't mind if my card runs a little warm, as long as it isn't also loud. 85C and below is fine with me, as currently my 780 sounds like a jet engine at the same temperature.

Noise isn't bad, but if you have the fans on a controller, you will hear them kick in and they level off from their startup current.

It's usually done by using fan filters as a template and frame, drilling out the screw holes as best you can, and dremeling out the fan openings with a cutoff wheel. I can link you to additional forum posts as examples.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1595110/build-log-hyperion-mk-iii-a-silverstone-ml08-build/0_100#post_25002764
http://www.overclock.net/t/1466816/silverstone-raven-rvz01-rvz02-ml07-ml08-ftz01-owners-club/4700_100#post_24622890
http://www.overclock.net/t/1466816/silverstone-raven-rvz01-rvz02-ml07-ml08-ftz01-owners-club/4700_100#post_24624072
Edited by edgeofblade - 6/18/16 at 6:02pm
PC 2016 update
(7 photos)
  
Reply
PC 2016 update
(7 photos)
  
Reply
post #6128 of 7131
If anybody is getting a 1080 I recommend the Msi gaming X, super cool card and silent.
I have one in my Other case that has about the same airflow or worse than these cases.
post #6129 of 7131
Quote:
Originally Posted by gree View Post

If anybody is getting a 1080 I recommend the Msi gaming X, super cool card and silent.
I have one in my Other case that has about the same airflow or worse than these cases.

The MSI Gaming X 1080 has a huge PCB though, over 5.5 inches tall. I'm not sure it would even fit in the RVZ02.
post #6130 of 7131
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgeofblade View Post

Noise isn't bad, but if you have the fans on a controller, you will hear them kick in and they level off from their startup current.

It's usually done by using fan filters as a template and frame, drilling out the screw holes as best you can, and dremeling out the fan openings with a cutoff wheel. I can link you to additional forum posts as examples.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1595110/build-log-hyperion-mk-iii-a-silverstone-ml08-build/0_100#post_25002764
http://www.overclock.net/t/1466816/silverstone-raven-rvz01-rvz02-ml07-ml08-ftz01-owners-club/4700_100#post_24622890
http://www.overclock.net/t/1466816/silverstone-raven-rvz01-rvz02-ml07-ml08-ftz01-owners-club/4700_100#post_24624072

Cool. I'll do some testing once I get the new card. I hope I won't need to do any modding, but I may decide to if temps are too high.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Small Form Factor Systems
Overclock.net › Forums › Specialty Builds › Small Form Factor Systems › Silverstone Raven RVZ01 / RVZ02 / ML07 / ML08 / FTZ01 Owners Club