Overclock.net › Forums › Specialty Builds › Small Form Factor Systems › Silverstone Raven RVZ01 / RVZ02 / ML07 / ML08 / FTZ01 Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Silverstone Raven RVZ01 / RVZ02 / ML07 / ML08 / FTZ01 Owners Club - Page 81

post #801 of 7100
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocDigby View Post

Mariolillo would you mind detailing how it goes for you as you try it out; I'm interested in maybe doing this too.

Also, does anyone have an idea of what the best CPU coolers are for this case are? I'm planning on running a 4770k (not sure if I'll OC it though) would it be better for me to get the best air cooler you can get for this case or the Seidon 120V AIO?

Of course! smile.gif

I will post pictures when I have everything ready and the setup process, but until they arrive I can explain you how it would work.

A user named doyll in the air cooling section helped me with the planning, what I would need, etc. Very very helpful!

You need to get a splitter like this, and a PWM PSU powered adapter like this.

You connect the GPU splitter I linked to the GPU, the GPU heatsink goes into the splitter and the female 4pin from the PSU powered adapter goes into the splitter as well.

You power the second adapter I linked with the PSU and connect the fans to it.

And you have GPU PWM controlled fans.

If you need or want to read all the detail, read through my thread here, there you will see the links I read to learn this, and basically all the learning process tongue.gif
post #802 of 7100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariolillo View Post

Of course! smile.gif

I will post pictures when I have everything ready and the setup process, but until they arrive I can explain you how it would work.

A user named doyll in the air cooling section helped me with the planning, what I would need, etc. Very very helpful!

You need to get a splitter like this, and a PWM PSU powered adapter like this.

You connect the GPU splitter I linked to the GPU, the GPU heatsink goes into the splitter and the female 4pin from the PSU powered adapter goes into the splitter as well.

You power the second adapter I linked with the PSU and connect the fans to it.

And you have GPU PWM controlled fans.

If you need or want to read all the detail, read through my thread here, there you will see the links I read to learn this, and basically all the learning process tongue.gif

That's good, except how are you going to power the stock fans on the GPU cooler then??
post #803 of 7100
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainZombie View Post

I will say that so far, the loudest fan in this system has to be the one on the side panel that I hear the most. It is a little bit on the annoying side even though I do sit about 9 feet away from the TV where the RVZ01 is located. It sucks that we can only get a 15mm fan on the side panel with the heat sink.

Any suggestions on good 15mm fans?
Prolimatech Ultra Sleek Vortex 12.
You may want to wait a bit, mine is already on it's way (one for testing first) but based on all I've read about them I'm confident they will rock!
post #804 of 7100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimhans1 View Post

That's good, except how are you going to power the stock fans on the GPU cooler then??
That's what the splitter is for. You connect it to the GPU and the splitter has one connection for the GPU fans and another one for the case fan. Basically, one male mini 4pin, one female mini 4pin and one 4pin, three in total.
post #805 of 7100
I ordered a Alpenföhn Peter 2 VGA cooler for the MSI Gaming 290, I wonder if it will fit. The max height listed in the manual is 68mm and the Peter 2 + Noctua fans are 69mm, I'm hoping i can force it to fit somehow smile.gif

I was thinking about a Arctic Accelero Xtreme IV, but thought it would be quieter to have only one pair of fans with a larger heatsink than two intake and two heatsink fans. The Noctua fans will basically act as GPU fans, they only take their intake air from outside the case.

The Zalman CNPS8900 Quiet works with Asus Z87I-Pro when turning it 90° against manufacturer recommendation. Probably have to use LP RAM too.
post #806 of 7100
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyp36rmax View Post

We should get a database with the most popular ITX motherboards and coolers with pictures to make it easier for new members biggrin.gif
Good idea!

A few pages back I made a short summary of possible CPU-coolers after finishing my research (not including motherboards). Pehaps that´s helpful for adding a few option to the OP http://www.overclock.net/t/1466816/silverstone-raven-rvz01-ml07-owners-club/730#post_22035162

OPCG posted a picture that shows the Thermalright AXP-100 fitting on the ASRock Z87E-ITX, without covering relevant slots:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1466816/silverstone-raven-rvz01-ml07-owners-club/690#post_22025406; Source: http://www.xfastest.com/thread-123631-1-1.html

Right now I am really impatient, I want to have those parts ^^ Unfortunately Silverstone seems to have supply issues in Germany, the case wasn´t yet available at major online hardware sellers (alternate.de, hardwareversand.de; caseking.de states that they should get some cases tomorrow...)
post #807 of 7100
Puh! I have finally read through the tread! smile.gif Good reading!

Saw a post where someone had a atx psu in this little creature, or am I crazy?....

Anyhow do anybody know if the XFX Pro Series Black Edition 750W size (WxHxD) 150 × 86 × 140 mm would fit and still hold the 3.5" harddrive?
post #808 of 7100
Thread Starter 
As I was telling Mario over PM, since going with air cooling here this case is rather loud when compared to my first build. I lowered the heat sink fan and the side panel fan to around 800 RPM and boy am I not liking these two fans at all. Obviously my temps are higher on the CPU end on stock with the AXP-100 under load.

I might also give the Node 304 a shot to see how noise and temps are with that case too, but that one will have water cooling. I got so used to the silence of water cooling over the last 2 years I already miss it.
post #809 of 7100
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainZombie View Post

As I was telling Mario over PM, since going with air cooling here this case is rather loud when compared to my first build. I lowered the heat sink fan and the side panel fan to around 800 RPM and boy am I not liking these two fans at all. Obviously my temps are higher on the CPU end on stock with the AXP-100 under load.

I might also give the Node 304 a shot to see how noise and temps are with that case too, but that one will have water cooling. I got so used to the silence of water cooling over the last 2 years I already miss it.

Custom loop Zombie! biggrin.gif
post #810 of 7100
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainZombie View Post

with air cooling here this case is rather loud when compared to my first build. I lowered the heat sink fan and the side panel fan to around 800 RPM and boy am I not liking these two fans at all. Obviously my temps are higher on the CPU end on stock with the AXP-100 under load.
Maybe try a single full size 120mm fan on the AXP-100 instead of the 2 slim fans? With a decent fan at low-ish speeds it should be possible to get it running quietly. From what I've read here and elsewhere, the acoustics of the AXP and Silverstone fans aren't great even at low speeds. I've seen some good comments about those Prolimatech slim vortex fans. I'm planning to pair the 140mm version with the AXP-200 and see how that performs.
Comes down to the quality of the fans. I've never tried water cooling but I don't see how that's necessarily quieter when there's pump noise to contend with too.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Small Form Factor Systems
Overclock.net › Forums › Specialty Builds › Small Form Factor Systems › Silverstone Raven RVZ01 / RVZ02 / ML07 / ML08 / FTZ01 Owners Club