Overclock.net › Forums › Specialty Builds › Small Form Factor Systems › Silverstone Raven RVZ01 / RVZ02 / ML07 / ML08 / FTZ01 Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Silverstone Raven RVZ01 / RVZ02 / ML07 / ML08 / FTZ01 Owners Club - Page 86

post #851 of 7096
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPG View Post

Do you guys think running 2x Noctua NF-S12A ULN in the GPU area will be enough to keep a 780 Ti SC running smooth under heavy gaming?

Yes, if you have the fan profile for the GPU set properly.
post #852 of 7096
I'd recommend a F12 over a S12A, because it has higher pressure so it has more power to drive air into the GPU even if the amount of air is lower than the S12A. I had 2 S12A:s installed, but as they weren't enough cooling wise I ordered F12s as replacements. The F12:s are more noisy though, but only by noctua standards.
post #853 of 7096
Is it worth it to try to overclock a CPU with this case?

For example, the following option:
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87N-WIFI Intel Z87 Haswell LGA1150 Mini-ITX Motherboard
CPU: Intel Haswell Core i5 4670K 3.40GHz 6MB LGA1150
Heatsink: Thermalright AXP-100 Low Profile CPU Cooler

vs:
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H87N-WIFI Intel H87 Haswell LGA1150 Mini-ITX Motherboard
CPU: Intel Haswell Core i5 4670 3.40GHz 6MB LGA1150

It would save me about $151 NZD.

Mainly I'm just wondering what kind of OC I could expect with the above components and whether or not it's worth spending the money.


Additional:

Anything wrong with this build?

Case - SilverStone Raven RVZ01 - $133.00
Power Supply - SilverStone SFX Series ST45SF-G - $168.00
Motherboard - Asus Z87I-PRO Intel Z87 Mini ITX Haswell Socket 1150 - $242.90
CPU - Intel Haswell Core i5 4670K 3.40GHz 6MB LGA1150 - $319.95
RAM - Mushkin Blackline FrostByte 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3-1600 CL9 (996995) - $159.95
SSD - Samsung 840 EVO Series 120GB 2.5" SATA3 SSD (MZ-7TE120BW) - $149.95
Optical Drive SilverStone SOD02 - $108.00
Graphics - ASUS GTX660-DC2OCPH-2GD5 GeForce GTX660 OC 2GB GDDR5 PCI-E3.0 - $299.95
Total - $1,667.65

(In NZD)
Edited by Leviathan25 - 4/7/14 at 10:02pm
post #854 of 7096
What do u think using Prolimatech Ultra Sleek Vortex 14 on case top cover ?? Someone try i hear is little noise on 1000rmp but in 500-600 is perfect.
Edited by Legtom - 4/7/14 at 10:53pm
post #855 of 7096
I want to operate 3 case fans in my build, a few questions regarding that:

1. My PSU has just one 4-Pole Molex connection (be quiet! SFX Power 2 , 400W). The mainboard ASRock Z87E-ITX has 1 x Chassis Fan connector (4-pin).
Is that enough for operating 3 case fans?

2. What kind and how many cables will I need for operating 3 case fans?

3. Any tips for tutorials regarding what kind of cables you need and where to connect them? It´s my first PC -build, so that would be quite helpful as there seems to be a ton of cables...

Thanks wink.gif
post #856 of 7096
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerix View Post

I want to operate 3 case fans in my build, a few questions regarding that:

1. My PSU has just one 4-Pole Molex connection (be quiet! SFX Power 2 , 400W). The mainboard ASRock Z87E-ITX has 1 x Chassis Fan connector (4-pin).
Is that enough for operating 3 case fans?

2. What kind and how many cables will I need for operating 3 case fans?

3. Any tips for tutorials regarding what kind of cables you need and where to connect them? It´s my first PC -build, so that would be quite helpful as there seems to be a ton of cables...

Thanks wink.gif

I would say to use this splitter personally, I've used a lot of them, they work great. http://www.frozencpu.com/products/14663/ele-989/4-Pin_Power_Distribution_PCB_3xWay_Block_MMT-PCB-4-33.html

If your psu only has 1 molex connector, you might want to get one of these also: http://www.frozencpu.com/products/16487/cab-1003/ModRight_Black-Out_Series_4-Pin_Y_Cable_-_3.html

And with that splitter, it's pretty self explanatory!!
Edited by Jimhans1 - 4/8/14 at 3:47am
post #857 of 7096
Thanks Jimhans, I´ll try that. Probably I´ll try 2 case fans first and if there should be any heat issues, I will add a third one.

Two more questions come to my mind:
1. As thermal compound I ordered Arctic Silver 5 (3,5g). What share of the 3,5g should be used for one processor? I would guess like 50%, or is too thick better than too thin?

2. What should be the orientation of the case and CPU-fans? CPU + Top-Case-Fan blow the hot air out, the bottom case fan inside the case?

The system right now:
PCPartPicker part list

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($227.99 @ NCIX US)
CPU Cooler: Thermalright AXP-100 44.5 CFM Ball Bearing CPU Cooler ($59.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste ($6.73 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: ASRock Z87E-ITX Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard ($129.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($149.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($139.99 @ Best Buy)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.98 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card ($249.99 @ NCIX US)
Case: Silverstone RVZ01B Mini ITX Desktop Case ($84.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Silverstone 450W 80+ Bronze Certified SFX Power Supply ($69.36 @ Amazon)
Edited by Nerix - 4/8/14 at 6:41am
post #858 of 7096
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerix View Post

Thanks Jimhans, I´ll try that. Probably I´ll try 2 case fans first and if there should be any heat issues, I will add a third one.

Two more questions come to my mind:
1. As thermal compound I ordered Arctic Silver 5 (3,5g). What share of the 3,5g should be used for one processor? I would guess like 50%, or is too thick better than too thin?

2. What should be the orientation of the case and CPU-fans? CPU + Top-Case-Fan blow the hot air out, the bottom case fan inside the case?

The system right now:
PCPartPicker part list

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($227.99 @ NCIX US)
CPU Cooler: Thermalright AXP-100 44.5 CFM Ball Bearing CPU Cooler ($59.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste ($6.73 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: ASRock Z87E-ITX Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard ($129.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($149.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($139.99 @ Best Buy)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.98 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card ($249.99 @ NCIX US)
Case: Silverstone RVZ01B Mini ITX Desktop Case ($84.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Silverstone 450W 80+ Bronze Certified SFX Power Supply ($69.36 @ Amazon)

All of the case fans should be used as intakes to push air into the case, it should provide you the best temps.

The AS5 is OK, as with all TIMs, too much is worse than too little. Make a single line on the center of the CPU the size of a grain of rice, or use the pea method, either works well with AS5.
post #859 of 7096
Hi All,

I'm about to start a build for a friend and he'd like to do a SFX build with this case. I was wondering if anyone here has installed either GT AP-14s or AP-15s in this case and what the noise is like when they are running flat out. I realize that loudness is subjective but a ballpark estimation would be greatly appreciated.
post #860 of 7096
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Reign View Post

Hi All,

I'm about to start a build for a friend and he'd like to do a SFX build with this case. I was wondering if anyone here has installed either GT AP-14s or AP-15s in this case and what the noise is like when they are running flat out. I realize that loudness is subjective but a ballpark estimation would be greatly appreciated.

AP-14's are pretty quiet to me, the 15's are louder obviously, but bearable. I prefer the 14's though.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Small Form Factor Systems
Overclock.net › Forums › Specialty Builds › Small Form Factor Systems › Silverstone Raven RVZ01 / RVZ02 / ML07 / ML08 / FTZ01 Owners Club