Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › [Build Log] Mercury S8 (Monsta-Mash) - Watercooled AMD Build
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Build Log] Mercury S8 (Monsta-Mash) - Watercooled AMD Build - Page 5

post #41 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeckIRE View Post

Yeah I too went for the top window. I'm going for a 360 in the side and a 360 in the flex bay smile.gif
That's lots of rad space.
We should start an S8 top-window club!tongue.gif
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5775C Broadwell ASUS Maximus VII Hero Nvidia Titan Xp GSkill Ripjaws X 16GB DDR3 2133 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB  Mayhems Havoc 240 and 360 Rads Dual Laing D5T Strong Pumps Dual Koolance CRT-SPD1224M 24 Volt Pump Control... 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Dual Darkside D5 Pump Black Dressing Kits  Nidec Servo D1225C Fans Mayhems Ultra Clear Tubing Watercool Heatkiller IV Copper GPU Block  
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Watercool Heatkiller IV GPU Backplate Watercool Heatkiller IV PRO Copper CPU Block Watercool Heatkiller IV Tube 150 Borosilicate G... W10 Pro 64  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer XB271HU Ducky One TKL ISO/UK Version Cherry MX Blue/Blu... EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 Platinum CaseLabs Mercury S8 White with Pedestal and Ext... 
MouseMouse PadOtherOther
Razer Deathadder Elite OCUK  Aqua Computer Aquaero 6 XT Aqua Computer Splitty9 
OtherOtherOther
Aqua Computer Hubby7 Bitfenix Alchemy 2.0 Black PSU Cables Vortex Backlit PBT Doubleshot Keycaps  
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5775C Broadwell ASUS Maximus VII Hero Nvidia Titan Xp GSkill Ripjaws X 16GB DDR3 2133 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB  Mayhems Havoc 240 and 360 Rads Dual Laing D5T Strong Pumps Dual Koolance CRT-SPD1224M 24 Volt Pump Control... 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Dual Darkside D5 Pump Black Dressing Kits  Nidec Servo D1225C Fans Mayhems Ultra Clear Tubing Watercool Heatkiller IV Copper GPU Block  
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Watercool Heatkiller IV GPU Backplate Watercool Heatkiller IV PRO Copper CPU Block Watercool Heatkiller IV Tube 150 Borosilicate G... W10 Pro 64  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer XB271HU Ducky One TKL ISO/UK Version Cherry MX Blue/Blu... EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 Platinum CaseLabs Mercury S8 White with Pedestal and Ext... 
MouseMouse PadOtherOther
Razer Deathadder Elite OCUK  Aqua Computer Aquaero 6 XT Aqua Computer Splitty9 
OtherOtherOther
Aqua Computer Hubby7 Bitfenix Alchemy 2.0 Black PSU Cables Vortex Backlit PBT Doubleshot Keycaps  
  hide details  
Reply
post #42 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerComissar View Post

That's lots of rad space.
We should start an S8 top-window club!tongue.gif
Grand! You can be president, I'll be vice president and we will charge a 50 quid entry fee to the club which will go to more radiators for us! Ha tongue.gif


But yeah I couldn't resist putting a full 360 in the flex bay.
I plan to cool my 2x 7970's and my 4930k smile.gif and to use the stealth Bay Ofc for 2x ssd's and 1 Hdd.
post #43 of 68
Well, I think nmill3r would deserve that title, for posting this excellent build log.
I'm still amazed by his use of all the Monsta rads, and two reservoirs!
That's another cool thing about this case, it's ability to fit a large variety of rads in different locations.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5775C Broadwell ASUS Maximus VII Hero Nvidia Titan Xp GSkill Ripjaws X 16GB DDR3 2133 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB  Mayhems Havoc 240 and 360 Rads Dual Laing D5T Strong Pumps Dual Koolance CRT-SPD1224M 24 Volt Pump Control... 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Dual Darkside D5 Pump Black Dressing Kits  Nidec Servo D1225C Fans Mayhems Ultra Clear Tubing Watercool Heatkiller IV Copper GPU Block  
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Watercool Heatkiller IV GPU Backplate Watercool Heatkiller IV PRO Copper CPU Block Watercool Heatkiller IV Tube 150 Borosilicate G... W10 Pro 64  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer XB271HU Ducky One TKL ISO/UK Version Cherry MX Blue/Blu... EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 Platinum CaseLabs Mercury S8 White with Pedestal and Ext... 
MouseMouse PadOtherOther
Razer Deathadder Elite OCUK  Aqua Computer Aquaero 6 XT Aqua Computer Splitty9 
OtherOtherOther
Aqua Computer Hubby7 Bitfenix Alchemy 2.0 Black PSU Cables Vortex Backlit PBT Doubleshot Keycaps  
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5775C Broadwell ASUS Maximus VII Hero Nvidia Titan Xp GSkill Ripjaws X 16GB DDR3 2133 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB  Mayhems Havoc 240 and 360 Rads Dual Laing D5T Strong Pumps Dual Koolance CRT-SPD1224M 24 Volt Pump Control... 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Dual Darkside D5 Pump Black Dressing Kits  Nidec Servo D1225C Fans Mayhems Ultra Clear Tubing Watercool Heatkiller IV Copper GPU Block  
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Watercool Heatkiller IV GPU Backplate Watercool Heatkiller IV PRO Copper CPU Block Watercool Heatkiller IV Tube 150 Borosilicate G... W10 Pro 64  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer XB271HU Ducky One TKL ISO/UK Version Cherry MX Blue/Blu... EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 Platinum CaseLabs Mercury S8 White with Pedestal and Ext... 
MouseMouse PadOtherOther
Razer Deathadder Elite OCUK  Aqua Computer Aquaero 6 XT Aqua Computer Splitty9 
OtherOtherOther
Aqua Computer Hubby7 Bitfenix Alchemy 2.0 Black PSU Cables Vortex Backlit PBT Doubleshot Keycaps  
  hide details  
Reply
post #44 of 68
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerComissar View Post

Monsta Mash!
Excellent job installing the Monsta 120.1 in push-pull, with a fan grille, on the back 120 fan hole. And the 120.2 Monsta in the flex bay, reservoir, and dust filters included!
And still another 120.2 Monsta to come.
The Koolance posts are a very slick way to install the fans.
I haven't seen any other builds using several Monsta rads like that, or the combination of reservoirs.
This really shows the versatility of the S8, the way it can accommodate fat rads in push-pull, with room to spare.

It will be interesting to see how you install the PMP-500 pump, I hear they are quite powerful pumps.
So many of the S8 builds seem to be doing top-mounted rads, but it certainly isn't the only option.
I also went with a full-windowed top, as I'll simply be installing a 360 in the side, and a 240 in the flex-bay.
For now.rolleyes.gif
"Monsta Mash" that mind be a good nickname for the build if you haven't already planned on using it. tongue.gif
I really like the koolance posts, I've never used them before. I went with a full window on the side so u think I'll be doing a UT45 push/pull 120.2 in the floor & possibly another 120.1 in the rear for exhaust if i can find a rad with the right dimensions. I know total overkill, go big or go home. lol
& from what I've read the pmp-500 is a pretty powerful pump just as you said, i hear it's a bit on the noisy side so we'll just have to see.
There's so many possibilities which is nice cause i can just change things around down the road if i feel it necessary.
post #45 of 68
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeckIRE View Post

Yeah I too went for the top window. I'm going for a 360 in the side and a 360 in the flex bay smile.gif
What about fan controller location? Did you get a pedestal by chance? I ended up ordering a usb optical drive so that the only other device in the flex bay will be my Lamptron cw611. The optical drive stuck out to far & would've made cable management difficult & sloppy looking.
post #46 of 68
Thread Starter 
I think i might revisit the idea of picking up a windowed side panel w/ ventilation & a 120.3 drop in mount now. Hmm, i'll think on it for a few days.
post #47 of 68
Thread Starter 


PSU with Support.
post #48 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmill3r View Post

"Monsta Mash" that mind be a good nickname for the build if you haven't already planned on using it. tongue.gif
I really like the koolance posts, I've never used them before. I went with a full window on the side so u think I'll be doing a UT45 push/pull 120.2 in the floor & possibly another 120.1 in the rear for exhaust if i can find a rad with the right dimensions. I know total overkill, go big or go home. lol
& from what I've read the pmp-500 is a pretty powerful pump just as you said, i hear it's a bit on the noisy side so we'll just have to see.
There's so many possibilities which is nice cause i can just change things around down the road if i feel it necessary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmill3r View Post

I think i might revisit the idea of picking up a windowed side panel w/ ventilation & a 120.3 drop in mount now. Hmm, i'll think on it for a few days.
You're welcome to have the nickname! I've had my fun with the 480 Monsta in my TJ07, the 360 and 240's for my incoming S8 will be either BlackIce Stealth rads or XSPC RX-series.
I already bought the rads, so it will depend on how slim I want to go this time.

(You might notice me referring to 240 or 360 rads at times, instead of 120.2 or 120.3. I noticed CaseLabs refers to the rad mounts as 120.1, 2, & 3 as you do! Either applies!)

Good point that you mentioned to GeckIRE about a fan controller location. As I'm not going with a pedestal myself, I had also considered the 120.3 flex-bay mount, but decided to use a 120.2 in the front, to retain the option of having a fan controller or whatever else, as you did.
That's interesting that your optical drive stuck out too far. I can see what you mean about the cable management for it. I currently use a usb drive myself, but I may try fitting my internal burner, not sure yet.

Well, that's up to you whether you go with the floor-mounted 120.2 and another 120.1 for the bottom rear 120mm hole. This crazy case has provisions for everything.
I just wanted to keep things simple so I went with the 120.3 side mount, but as you mentioned, that requires the vented left side panel. I did order the windowed & vented left side panel for that reason. CaseLabs makes such sleek windows for these cases. After having to cut-out my own window in the TJ07, it's a pleasure to just tick that option on the order form! And so is being able to buy a different panel if needed.

Edit:
Nice psu!
I never thought to order the psu support, but I've seen a couple S8 builds using one now. It certainly can't hurt.
I may just stuff a rubber spacer under mine for now!
Edited by DerComissar - 3/16/14 at 1:50am
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5775C Broadwell ASUS Maximus VII Hero Nvidia Titan Xp GSkill Ripjaws X 16GB DDR3 2133 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB  Mayhems Havoc 240 and 360 Rads Dual Laing D5T Strong Pumps Dual Koolance CRT-SPD1224M 24 Volt Pump Control... 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Dual Darkside D5 Pump Black Dressing Kits  Nidec Servo D1225C Fans Mayhems Ultra Clear Tubing Watercool Heatkiller IV Copper GPU Block  
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Watercool Heatkiller IV GPU Backplate Watercool Heatkiller IV PRO Copper CPU Block Watercool Heatkiller IV Tube 150 Borosilicate G... W10 Pro 64  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer XB271HU Ducky One TKL ISO/UK Version Cherry MX Blue/Blu... EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 Platinum CaseLabs Mercury S8 White with Pedestal and Ext... 
MouseMouse PadOtherOther
Razer Deathadder Elite OCUK  Aqua Computer Aquaero 6 XT Aqua Computer Splitty9 
OtherOtherOther
Aqua Computer Hubby7 Bitfenix Alchemy 2.0 Black PSU Cables Vortex Backlit PBT Doubleshot Keycaps  
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5775C Broadwell ASUS Maximus VII Hero Nvidia Titan Xp GSkill Ripjaws X 16GB DDR3 2133 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB  Mayhems Havoc 240 and 360 Rads Dual Laing D5T Strong Pumps Dual Koolance CRT-SPD1224M 24 Volt Pump Control... 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Dual Darkside D5 Pump Black Dressing Kits  Nidec Servo D1225C Fans Mayhems Ultra Clear Tubing Watercool Heatkiller IV Copper GPU Block  
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Watercool Heatkiller IV GPU Backplate Watercool Heatkiller IV PRO Copper CPU Block Watercool Heatkiller IV Tube 150 Borosilicate G... W10 Pro 64  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer XB271HU Ducky One TKL ISO/UK Version Cherry MX Blue/Blu... EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 Platinum CaseLabs Mercury S8 White with Pedestal and Ext... 
MouseMouse PadOtherOther
Razer Deathadder Elite OCUK  Aqua Computer Aquaero 6 XT Aqua Computer Splitty9 
OtherOtherOther
Aqua Computer Hubby7 Bitfenix Alchemy 2.0 Black PSU Cables Vortex Backlit PBT Doubleshot Keycaps  
  hide details  
Reply
post #49 of 68
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerComissar View Post


You're welcome to have the nickname! I've had my fun with the 480 Monsta in my TJ07, the 360 and 240's for my incoming S8 will be either BlackIce Stealth rads or XSPC RX-series.
I already bought the rads, so it will depend on how slim I want to go this time.

(You might notice me referring to 240 or 360 rads at times, instead of 120.2 or 120.3. I noticed CaseLabs refers to the rad mounts as 120.1, 2, & 3 as you do! Either applies!)

Good point that you mentioned to GeckIRE about a fan controller location. As I'm not going with a pedestal myself, I had also considered the 120.3 flex-bay mount, but decided to use a 120.2 in the front, to retain the option of having a fan controller or whatever else, as you did.
That's interesting that your optical drive stuck out too far. I can see what you mean about the cable management for it. I currently use a usb drive myself, but I may try fitting my internal burner, not sure yet.

Well, that's up to you whether you go with the floor-mounted 120.2 and another 120.1 for the bottom rear 120mm hole. This crazy case has provisions for everything.
I just wanted to keep things simple so I went with the 120.3 side mount, but as you mentioned, that requires the vented left side panel. I did order the windowed & vented left side panel for that reason. CaseLabs makes such sleek windows for these cases. After having to cut-out my own window in the TJ07, it's a pleasure to just tick that option on the order form! And so is being able to buy a different panel if needed.

Edit:
Nice psu!
I never thought to order the psu support, but I've seen a couple S8 builds using one now. It certainly can't hurt.
I may just stuff a rubber spacer under mine for now!

Changing build name now! i may just go with the 120.3 mount then, guess I'll be making another caselabs purchase in the near future. Hopefully I'll see some pics up soon of some 120.3 side mounts. Wonder if a UT60 would fit..
& i saw a few ppl talking about the psu support, i think it's actually a modded Merlin support, when purchasing you just let caselabs know it's for an S8 in the comments section. Figured why not.
The versatility of this case is amazing, you aren't stuck with the configuration you ordered & their support is great!
post #50 of 68
That name really fits your build!thumb.gif
I do recall reading in the S8 thread that CaseLabs mods that bracket for the S8. They already provided the holes to attach it to the back panel, I think it's a good idea to use it.
And I feel foolish for not adding one to my S8 order.rolleyes.gif

I like to read the CaseLabs S8 thread as well, just noticed that you can get the extra 120.3 mount from pcoutu17. That is really nice of him.
You may be able to fit a UT60 in the side, perhaps not in push-pull though, idk. I've been running my 480 Monsta with just a single set of fans, albeit at full speed, for the necessary static pressure.
The UT60 almost qualifies as a "monsta" imo!
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5775C Broadwell ASUS Maximus VII Hero Nvidia Titan Xp GSkill Ripjaws X 16GB DDR3 2133 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB  Mayhems Havoc 240 and 360 Rads Dual Laing D5T Strong Pumps Dual Koolance CRT-SPD1224M 24 Volt Pump Control... 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Dual Darkside D5 Pump Black Dressing Kits  Nidec Servo D1225C Fans Mayhems Ultra Clear Tubing Watercool Heatkiller IV Copper GPU Block  
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Watercool Heatkiller IV GPU Backplate Watercool Heatkiller IV PRO Copper CPU Block Watercool Heatkiller IV Tube 150 Borosilicate G... W10 Pro 64  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer XB271HU Ducky One TKL ISO/UK Version Cherry MX Blue/Blu... EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 Platinum CaseLabs Mercury S8 White with Pedestal and Ext... 
MouseMouse PadOtherOther
Razer Deathadder Elite OCUK  Aqua Computer Aquaero 6 XT Aqua Computer Splitty9 
OtherOtherOther
Aqua Computer Hubby7 Bitfenix Alchemy 2.0 Black PSU Cables Vortex Backlit PBT Doubleshot Keycaps  
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5775C Broadwell ASUS Maximus VII Hero Nvidia Titan Xp GSkill Ripjaws X 16GB DDR3 2133 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB  Mayhems Havoc 240 and 360 Rads Dual Laing D5T Strong Pumps Dual Koolance CRT-SPD1224M 24 Volt Pump Control... 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Dual Darkside D5 Pump Black Dressing Kits  Nidec Servo D1225C Fans Mayhems Ultra Clear Tubing Watercool Heatkiller IV Copper GPU Block  
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Watercool Heatkiller IV GPU Backplate Watercool Heatkiller IV PRO Copper CPU Block Watercool Heatkiller IV Tube 150 Borosilicate G... W10 Pro 64  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer XB271HU Ducky One TKL ISO/UK Version Cherry MX Blue/Blu... EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 Platinum CaseLabs Mercury S8 White with Pedestal and Ext... 
MouseMouse PadOtherOther
Razer Deathadder Elite OCUK  Aqua Computer Aquaero 6 XT Aqua Computer Splitty9 
OtherOtherOther
Aqua Computer Hubby7 Bitfenix Alchemy 2.0 Black PSU Cables Vortex Backlit PBT Doubleshot Keycaps  
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › [Build Log] Mercury S8 (Monsta-Mash) - Watercooled AMD Build