Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › MIONIX AVIOR 7000 First Impressions/Review
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MIONIX AVIOR 7000 First Impressions/Review - Page 106

post #1051 of 1929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afineday2die View Post

Hi guys, I want to buy a mionix avior 7000 and a new mouse pad on Amazon. Which mouse pad do you use with mionix avior 7000?
Can you suggest a mouse pad to me?

By the way sorry for my bad English

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
I would recommend this one: http://www.amazon.com/HandStands-Super-Mouse-Pad-Blue/dp/B0009JCUX2

The quality is reported to be a little hit or miss (mine is perfect). Though since Amazon has easy returns it's not that big of a risk. You can also find them in local stores in the US like Staples or Fry's Electronics.

EDIT: oh, you're in Turkey... people outside the US have mentioned that they weren't able to buy from Amazon... do you use the UK version?
    
MonitorMonitorMouseMouse Pad
2233rz XL2411Z IE 3.0 supermat 
AudioAudio
xfi xtremegamer ATH AD-700 
  hide details  
Reply
    
MonitorMonitorMouseMouse Pad
2233rz XL2411Z IE 3.0 supermat 
AudioAudio
xfi xtremegamer ATH AD-700 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1052 of 1929
so I got my Avior now, and while it will take me some time to get used to the weight, I absolutely love the shape and sensor performance. buttons and scroll wheel are far nicer than on the Zowie FK that I had it replaced with. for me, it just is a lot easier to fingertip lift, despite the weight difference. weight balance is also quite nice, with a good center.
not sure what else to say, first impressions are good. I have had no problems updating FirmWare and using the drivers, yet.
post #1053 of 1929
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchzilla View Post

so I got my Avior now, and while it will take me some time to get used to the weight, I absolutely love the shape and sensor performance. buttons and scroll wheel are far nicer than on the Zowie FK that I had it replaced with. for me, it just is a lot easier to fingertip lift, despite the weight difference. weight balance is also quite nice, with a good center.
not sure what else to say, first impressions are good. I have had no problems updating FirmWare and using the drivers, yet.
Make sure you use the latest. See my OP for a link to the beta firmware. I'm not sure if they updated it further or if it has been posted on their site yet. There is an issue where if you spam the CPI increase button the mouse will lock up until you plug it back in on older firmwares. It's easy to lift because of the sloping sides which give you a lot of leverage. I equally love it.
L1m1t
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5 GHz ASUS P8Z68-V LX ASUS DirectCU II GTX 770 OC Patriot G2 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Caviar Black Kingston SSDNow Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Windows 8.1 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VG248QE SteelSeries 6Gv2 MX Red Corsair TX650 NZXT Source 210 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Zowie FK1 Puretrak Talent ASUS Xonar DG Sennheiser PC350 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Creative Fatal1ty HS-800 Shure SRH440 Audio Technica ATH-M40x AKG K701 
AudioAudio
beyerdynamic DT770 AKG K550 
  hide details  
Reply
L1m1t
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5 GHz ASUS P8Z68-V LX ASUS DirectCU II GTX 770 OC Patriot G2 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Caviar Black Kingston SSDNow Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Windows 8.1 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VG248QE SteelSeries 6Gv2 MX Red Corsair TX650 NZXT Source 210 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Zowie FK1 Puretrak Talent ASUS Xonar DG Sennheiser PC350 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Creative Fatal1ty HS-800 Shure SRH440 Audio Technica ATH-M40x AKG K701 
AudioAudio
beyerdynamic DT770 AKG K550 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1054 of 1929
I got that one smile.gif
don't plan to ever use the CPI toggle buttons, but good to know!
and definitely agree about the sloping sides. it also feels a bit better having my thumb on the curved bottom of the mouse (tongue.gif) since it feels like I can use my thumb to control it a bit more now.
post #1055 of 1929
Just got mine a couple days ago and I must say I love it. A little heavier than my Kinzu (which I was expecting) but not too heavy like my rival. I also love the size, and personally I like the shape of it as well. I don't find it uncomfortable in anyway to hold. The first few times using it I found myself hitting and worrying about the right side mouse buttons a lot, but now I almost don't even notice them and they don't bother me if I hit them. It just feels so much better than my Rival in so many ways, the size and shape of it, the weight for me, I prefer a braided cable and the overall quality of it feels much better. I also like the clicks I get when using the mouse, the Rival seemed to have a much "muddier" click from the right and left mouse buttons, almost in audible where as with the Avior I get a nice "click" everytime I press the button. All in all I am very happy with this mouse and will be keeping it for a very long time. Plus I don't think pics of the mouse do the lighting justice tongue.gif when right next to my Rival they both stand out equally in the dark, I was worried it may not be quite as bright heh.

Also metal571, they have uploaded the beta FW on their website, however I think the new mice may be shipping with it? I have not tried updating my firmware yet because I have not had any issues or seen any reason to, I tried reproducing the CPI bug by spamming the CPI up switch and never had the mouse freeze up or lock or disconnect or anything for me, so it's possible the newer ones may be fixed with that, is there a way to check current FW version? I will try updating it soon anyway I just have not had a need yet.
post #1056 of 1929
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunatics View Post

Just got mine a couple days ago and I must say I love it. A little heavier than my Kinzu (which I was expecting) but not too heavy like my rival. I also love the size, and personally I like the shape of it as well. I don't find it uncomfortable in anyway to hold. The first few times using it I found myself hitting and worrying about the right side mouse buttons a lot, but now I almost don't even notice them and they don't bother me if I hit them. It just feels so much better than my Rival in so many ways, the size and shape of it, the weight for me, I prefer a braided cable and the overall quality of it feels much better. I also like the clicks I get when using the mouse, the Rival seemed to have a much "muddier" click from the right and left mouse buttons, almost in audible where as with the Avior I get a nice "click" everytime I press the button. All in all I am very happy with this mouse and will be keeping it for a very long time. Plus I don't think pics of the mouse do the lighting justice tongue.gif when right next to my Rival they both stand out equally in the dark, I was worried it may not be quite as bright heh.

Also metal571, they have uploaded the beta FW on their website, however I think the new mice may be shipping with it? I have not tried updating my firmware yet because I have not had any issues or seen any reason to, I tried reproducing the CPI bug by spamming the CPI up switch and never had the mouse freeze up or lock or disconnect or anything for me, so it's possible the newer ones may be fixed with that, is there a way to check current FW version? I will try updating it soon anyway I just have not had a need yet.
They could be shipping with it now, I wouldn't be surprised. I can't remember if the firmware updater tells you the current version running on the mouse. You can always give it a shot and open the updater but don't flash anything if everything is working as it should.
L1m1t
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5 GHz ASUS P8Z68-V LX ASUS DirectCU II GTX 770 OC Patriot G2 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Caviar Black Kingston SSDNow Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Windows 8.1 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VG248QE SteelSeries 6Gv2 MX Red Corsair TX650 NZXT Source 210 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Zowie FK1 Puretrak Talent ASUS Xonar DG Sennheiser PC350 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Creative Fatal1ty HS-800 Shure SRH440 Audio Technica ATH-M40x AKG K701 
AudioAudio
beyerdynamic DT770 AKG K550 
  hide details  
Reply
L1m1t
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5 GHz ASUS P8Z68-V LX ASUS DirectCU II GTX 770 OC Patriot G2 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Caviar Black Kingston SSDNow Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Windows 8.1 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VG248QE SteelSeries 6Gv2 MX Red Corsair TX650 NZXT Source 210 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Zowie FK1 Puretrak Talent ASUS Xonar DG Sennheiser PC350 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Creative Fatal1ty HS-800 Shure SRH440 Audio Technica ATH-M40x AKG K701 
AudioAudio
beyerdynamic DT770 AKG K550 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1057 of 1929
whats the shape like compared to the fk / fk1?
post #1058 of 1929
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinzone View Post

whats the shape like compared to the fk / fk1?
The FK1 is a slightly larger FK. The Avior juts out on the sides more which tends to force fingertip or claw grip, or at least make palm grip unsatisfactory.

I would say the FK1 could be used in all 3 grips IF it's not too thin for your hands.

You can see if these help more or look up other size/shape comparisons: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZ2riVNLJly0KG7Z8albMETEmbRB8bCzd
    
MonitorMonitorMouseMouse Pad
2233rz XL2411Z IE 3.0 supermat 
AudioAudio
xfi xtremegamer ATH AD-700 
  hide details  
Reply
    
MonitorMonitorMouseMouse Pad
2233rz XL2411Z IE 3.0 supermat 
AudioAudio
xfi xtremegamer ATH AD-700 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1059 of 1929
I didn't read all 1k of the replies, so pardon me if I'm beating a dead horse here. I ordered the NAOS 7000 to replace an aging NAOS 3200 I had, because I loved the feel and hated the sensor. They sent me the AVIOR 7000 by mistake. So of course, I pulled it out and played with it a little. The one thing I couldn't get past with this mouse was the placement of the 4 and 5 buttons on both sides of the body. I'm right handed, and my ring finger kept hitting the opposite sides buttons. I didn't use it enough to see if it was a gameplay issue (There is probably a way to only have one side's active), but it was just annoying to hit it even if they didn't activate anything. Maybe I'm alone here with the way I was holding it, but I figured lefties would run into the same problem since it looked symmetrical. I absolutely love the NAOS series, however. And I'm a little excited by the induction charging wireless concept they've showed. But I can't get behind the AVIOR. I much more prefer a sensei or da 2013 (my current daily) over it.
post #1060 of 1929
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrolle View Post

I didn't read all 1k of the replies, so pardon me if I'm beating a dead horse here. I ordered the NAOS 7000 to replace an aging NAOS 3200 I had, because I loved the feel and hated the sensor. They sent me the AVIOR 7000 by mistake. So of course, I pulled it out and played with it a little. The one thing I couldn't get past with this mouse was the placement of the 4 and 5 buttons on both sides of the body. I'm right handed, and my ring finger kept hitting the opposite sides buttons. I didn't use it enough to see if it was a gameplay issue (There is probably a way to only have one side's active), but it was just annoying to hit it even if they didn't activate anything. Maybe I'm alone here with the way I was holding it, but I figured lefties would run into the same problem since it looked symmetrical. I absolutely love the NAOS series, however. And I'm a little excited by the induction charging wireless concept they've showed. But I can't get behind the AVIOR. I much more prefer a sensei or da 2013 (my current daily) over it.

I feel pretty much the same.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › MIONIX AVIOR 7000 First Impressions/Review