Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › MIONIX AVIOR 7000 First Impressions/Review
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MIONIX AVIOR 7000 First Impressions/Review - Page 40

post #391 of 1929
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal571 View Post

In my experience with the MM400 and the Propus 380, the LOD skyrockets even at the lowest setting on the Avior if you try to use it with those pads. The DA2013 is a completely different animal. The 3310 in particular is more picky than the S3988 but also commonly has lower latency.

Hard mats are generally recommended for laser mice since it ensures that their maximum PCS is met (read: Xai/Sensei) and positive acceleration is minimized compared to cloth. Cloth is usually recommended for optical mice because their ability to track properly on hard mats varies a lot more.

The Avior does not have surface CALIBRATION, only surface ANALYZATION, it is not the same as the DA at all. Analyzing a surface with the Avior does not change the Avior's settings.

CMOS sensor operation and how it reacts depends on many attributes. Certain issues or quirks may depend on manufacturer implementation of said device.

Both devices share optical methodology of reading surface, though laser diodes focus light a bit differently than the traditional LED. Accurate imaging of texture is typically higher on that of the laser based optical device as light and wave is focused in a smaller condensed area. LED being more scattered within a range.

Regardless of probable IPS speed and or possible lack of with certain implementation of LED devices, accurate imaging of cursor should remain very high on hard surface. More or less actual precision, and not high speed tracking measured in meters or inches per second.

This can of course be tuned +/- based on individual mouse. Sensor unit itself can be considered a by product.
post #392 of 1929
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorsci View Post

LOD's only 1 CD with the lift distance slider at notch 10 with my Vespula. I can't test the MM400 anymore, already returned it.

I guess those two mats in particular are just bad for the 3310 specifically. Both my G400 and a mangled DA 3.5G whose sensor still works tracked great on the MM400. It's too bad, that's probably the best hard pad that's at least decently sized.
L1m1t
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5 GHz ASUS P8Z68-V LX ASUS DirectCU II GTX 770 OC Patriot G2 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Caviar Black Kingston SSDNow Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Windows 8.1 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VG248QE SteelSeries 6Gv2 MX Red Corsair TX650 NZXT Source 210 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Zowie FK1 Puretrak Talent ASUS Xonar DG Sennheiser PC350 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Creative Fatal1ty HS-800 Shure SRH440 Audio Technica ATH-M40x AKG K701 
AudioAudio
beyerdynamic DT770 AKG K550 
  hide details  
Reply
L1m1t
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5 GHz ASUS P8Z68-V LX ASUS DirectCU II GTX 770 OC Patriot G2 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Caviar Black Kingston SSDNow Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Windows 8.1 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VG248QE SteelSeries 6Gv2 MX Red Corsair TX650 NZXT Source 210 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Zowie FK1 Puretrak Talent ASUS Xonar DG Sennheiser PC350 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Creative Fatal1ty HS-800 Shure SRH440 Audio Technica ATH-M40x AKG K701 
AudioAudio
beyerdynamic DT770 AKG K550 
  hide details  
Reply
post #393 of 1929
Initial impressions: GOD DAMN HEAVY!

I'd like it to not be mouse buttons behind the scroll wheel, I like to rest my finger there. Wider then expected, not sure if I like it yet or not, we'll see biggrin.gif It seems to gliding worse then my WMO (praise lord wmo) but I'll give it a test run for a few days and hope I can get used to it : D. The build quality is simply the best I've had. ever. Out of 15ish mouse so far =) Not a top tier mouse IMO. very good but the shape is not for everyone.
post #394 of 1929
Well, a 30 seconds google lookup would have given you the dimensions, shape and weight before purchasing. Especially if you are sensitive in terms of the shape or weight you should probably look for some basic information before pulling the trigger.

Also the dpi buttons behind the wheel are visible on every picture, can't really understand why you go for a mouse that isn't at all in your wheelhouse and are astonished that you don't fall in love with it.

Don't get me wrong I did my fair share of silly purchases. There is no mouse that fits everyone, it's as simple as that - so know your liking first and look for something adequate without just going for what might be the hot stuff at that point in time.
Edited by e4stw00t - 3/22/14 at 12:32pm
post #395 of 1929
Quote:
Originally Posted by e4stw00t View Post

Well, a 30 seconds google lookup would have given you the dimensions, shape and weight before purchasing. Especially if you are sensitive in terms of the shape or weight you should probably look for some basic information before pulling the trigger.

Also the dpi buttons behind the wheel are visible on every picture, can't really understand why you go for a mouse that isn't at all in your wheelhouse and are astonished that you don't fall in love with it.

Don't get me wrong I did my fair share of silly purchases. There is no mouse that fits everyone, it's as simple as that - so know your liking first and look for something adequate without just going for what might be the hot stuff at that point in time.

Feels wider then I thought, and the scroll wheel thing is very personel. It's mainly the weight I don't like. It's a way better mouse then the usual steelseries and Razer stuff.
post #396 of 1929
Ah, so i needed to get a cheap mouse as a backup, and i got the Recon. It's not bad for $35, but i totally miss the 50-5000 DPI native steps.

The Recon is limited to only 4 DPIs: 800-1600-3200-4000. My Mionix DPI steps is 100-500-1200.


The DPI is too high on this Recon for me, but what do i expect for $35, it's not a fair comparison. Although i like the mouse wheel a bit better on the Recon, but really, the Avior 7000 is always better, it does justifies its $80 price.
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen R7 1700x Gigabyte Aorus AX370 Gaming 5 ASUS GTX 1080 Turbo @ 2050mhz G.Skill DDR4 16GB 8GBx2 3200 mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 750 Evo 250GB Crucial m500 960GB OCZ Trion 150 960GB Samsung 960 Evo 1TB m.2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial MX300 2TB DVD drive Corsair H60 2013 edition windows 10 home 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
32inch Crossover 4K Thermaltake SMART M series 750W Powerspec G418 case Thermal 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7 4910mq GTX 880m (GK104 with 8GB VRAM) 16 GB DDR3 3x Samsung 840 EVO in RAID 0 (1.31 TB total) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung M9T 2TB HDD Bluray/DVD drive Bluray/DVD drive Window 7 Home Premium 
MonitorPower
Panasonic 2880x1620 panel 180w Delta brick 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen R7 1700x Gigabyte Aorus AX370 Gaming 5 ASUS GTX 1080 Turbo @ 2050mhz G.Skill DDR4 16GB 8GBx2 3200 mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 750 Evo 250GB Crucial m500 960GB OCZ Trion 150 960GB Samsung 960 Evo 1TB m.2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial MX300 2TB DVD drive Corsair H60 2013 edition windows 10 home 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
32inch Crossover 4K Thermaltake SMART M series 750W Powerspec G418 case Thermal 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7 4910mq GTX 880m (GK104 with 8GB VRAM) 16 GB DDR3 3x Samsung 840 EVO in RAID 0 (1.31 TB total) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung M9T 2TB HDD Bluray/DVD drive Bluray/DVD drive Window 7 Home Premium 
MonitorPower
Panasonic 2880x1620 panel 180w Delta brick 
  hide details  
Reply
post #397 of 1929
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal571 View Post

I guess those two mats in particular are just bad for the 3310 specifically. Both my G400 and a mangled DA 3.5G whose sensor still works tracked great on the MM400. It's too bad, that's probably the best hard pad that's at least decently sized.

Question is just, why does the SQAT say, that the speed side of the func 1030 is 100%, when it clearly has problems tracking on it...
White Borg Cube
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700k ASUS Maximus VIII Gene GTX 1070 FE 16GB Corsair Vengeance Red LPX 2666 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Kingston HyperX Predator PCIE SSD Samsung 850Pro 256GB WD Red None 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Noctua NH-U9S Win10 64bit Panasonic 50GT60 Logitech G910 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W Corsair Air 240 Logitech G900 Func 1030L2 
AudioAudioAudio
ASUS Xonar Essence STU HD598 Mackie MR5 MK3 
  hide details  
Reply
White Borg Cube
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700k ASUS Maximus VIII Gene GTX 1070 FE 16GB Corsair Vengeance Red LPX 2666 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Kingston HyperX Predator PCIE SSD Samsung 850Pro 256GB WD Red None 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Noctua NH-U9S Win10 64bit Panasonic 50GT60 Logitech G910 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W Corsair Air 240 Logitech G900 Func 1030L2 
AudioAudioAudio
ASUS Xonar Essence STU HD598 Mackie MR5 MK3 
  hide details  
Reply
post #398 of 1929
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocutusH View Post

Question is just, why does the SQAT say, that the speed side of the func 1030 is 100%, when it clearly has problems tracking on it...

I think it's not even worth using the tool.. the only thing it does is reading the surface.
While the results are depending on alot of factors such as swipe movement for example.

Got like 50% on the QCK Heavy with fast swipes & 100% with slow ones.
Regarding those tracking issues: I suppose it has been mentioned already.. but bumping up the LOD is recommended.

..and just out of curiousity. Did people actually try the Rival on a surface that makes problems with the AVIOR? If so.. what are the results?
post #399 of 1929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amperial View Post

Regarding those tracking issues: I suppose it has been mentioned already.. but bumping up the LOD is recommended.

Yeah, this makes the Avior 7000 pretty much useless for me now.
Its weight was a bit too much for me from day 1, but I was fine with it when I didn't need to lift the mouse that high.
I really need a low weight and/or low LOD mouse, so that I can effortlessly reposition quickly, so that the mouse is most of the time in the center of the mousepad.
That is easily possible with the WMO, but the Avior (when bumping the LOD up onto the same level as the WMOs) feels like it slows me down with its weight.

The Avior 7000 to me is now:

- too heavy
- has higher LOD than WMO or FK
- shape isn't really comfortable despite getting used to it
- has rubber coating
- over-sensitive main buttons (especially right button)

Too many downsides for me.
Will sell it on eBay and stick to my WMO and FK for now.

I hope Zowie is releasing a sliiiightly bigger FK with Omrons, plastic coating, ADNS-3310.
In fact, I'll write to them and ask what they're planning right now.
post #400 of 1929
Quote:
Originally Posted by detto87 View Post

Yeah, this makes the Avior 7000 pretty much useless for me now.
Its weight was a bit too much for me from day 1, but I was fine with it when I didn't need to lift the mouse that high.
I really need a low weight and/or low LOD mouse, so that I can effortlessly reposition quickly, so that the mouse is most of the time in the center of the mousepad.
That is easily possible with the WMO, but the Avior (when bumping the LOD up onto the same level as the WMOs) feels like it slows me down with its weight.

The Avior 7000 to me is now:

- too heavy
- has higher LOD than WMO or FK
- shape isn't really comfortable despite getting used to it
- has rubber coating
- over-sensitive main buttons (especially right button)

Too many downsides for me.
Will sell it on eBay and stick to my WMO and FK for now.

I hope Zowie is releasing a sliiiightly bigger FK with Omrons, plastic coating, ADNS-3310.
In fact, I'll write to them and ask what they're planning right now.

Would be nice.
I am fine with my Rival or a Deathadder though.

We seriously need more 3310 mice.. especially Zowie ones. But Zowie will need some kind of software for the 3310 or make it some plug & play / software hybrid.

Just one question..

You want a 3310 Zowie mouse while the LOD is too high for you.. the AVOIR is a 3310 mouse.
Implementing the 3310 into the Zowie FK might make it more heavy aswell.
Edited by Amperial - 3/23/14 at 7:25am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › MIONIX AVIOR 7000 First Impressions/Review