Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › MIONIX AVIOR 7000 First Impressions/Review
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MIONIX AVIOR 7000 First Impressions/Review - Page 51

post #501 of 1929
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryGoldfish View Post

Are you sure you can do that? I don't mean to be the disagreeable newcomer, but there was a review I read that something in the way of "it was weird adjusting to having a button I've used for over a decade function as a different control". And I also read on the LinusTechTips forum about a user who had issues using it as a back button. He might have been able to map the 'Backspace' button on the keyboard to the Back button on the mouse, though.

An optical Kone XTD would be the cats pyjamas, and if the EasyShift can be mapped to function as a back button in a 'web-browsing' profile, that would be even more awesome.
I thought it was the other way around? I thought lazer mice could function further away from the surface while optical mice require a very flat surface and a close proximity to it?

ADNS9500/9800 mice have lift off control, and are typically around 2.0mm. PTE laser mice have a fairly low LOD, but they have a z-axis bug that causes the cursor to move as it's lifted. This can be considered a lift off distance issue, but I've never experienced anywhere near the LOD of some of the 3.5G optical sensors.

Also, I own 3 Roccat mice with Easyshift buttons and I have all of them remapped to "back". I couldn't handle the easyshift functionality. I'm sure it's nice for people that are just starting with mice with side buttons, but for those of us that have been using side buttons for years, it was just too hard of a change to deal with.
Edited by DivineDark - 4/11/14 at 1:41pm
post #502 of 1929
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryGoldfish View Post

Are you sure you can do that? I don't mean to be the disagreeable newcomer, but there was a review I read that something in the way of "it was weird adjusting to having a button I've used for over a decade function as a different control". And I also read on the LinusTechTips forum about a user who had issues using it as a back button. He might have been able to map the 'Backspace' button on the keyboard to the Back button on the mouse, though.

An optical Kone XTD would be the cats pyjamas, and if the EasyShift can be mapped to function as a back button in a 'web-browsing' profile, that would be even more awesome.
I thought it was the other way around? I thought lazer mice could function further away from the surface while optical mice require a very flat surface and a close proximity to it?

Not that they require certain distances, just that liftoff distances are classically higher on optical mice. Both now have tunable lift off distances, and laser can still go lower while tracking 100% perfectly than optical but optical is real close now and tracks a lot more accurately.
L1m1t
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5 GHz ASUS P8Z68-V LX ASUS DirectCU II GTX 770 OC Patriot G2 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Caviar Black Kingston SSDNow Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Windows 8.1 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VG248QE SteelSeries 6Gv2 MX Red Corsair TX650 NZXT Source 210 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Zowie FK1 Puretrak Talent ASUS Xonar DG Sennheiser PC350 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Creative Fatal1ty HS-800 Shure SRH440 Audio Technica ATH-M40x AKG K701 
AudioAudio
beyerdynamic DT770 AKG K550 
  hide details  
Reply
L1m1t
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5 GHz ASUS P8Z68-V LX ASUS DirectCU II GTX 770 OC Patriot G2 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Caviar Black Kingston SSDNow Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Windows 8.1 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VG248QE SteelSeries 6Gv2 MX Red Corsair TX650 NZXT Source 210 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Zowie FK1 Puretrak Talent ASUS Xonar DG Sennheiser PC350 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Creative Fatal1ty HS-800 Shure SRH440 Audio Technica ATH-M40x AKG K701 
AudioAudio
beyerdynamic DT770 AKG K550 
  hide details  
Reply
post #503 of 1929
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeElectron View Post

This will get you started.

Roccat Kone Pure Military isn't released yet, but it will be an addition to the Pixart PMW3310DH mice in the market.



Also
Could you please post any link of a review for the G602?
What sensor is it using?
That is awesome! Thank you very much, good sir.

I believe the G602 has the AM010 sensor. I hear it's not as flawless as the PMW3310H, but that was just from one person. I can't find a review that confirms that, so it might not be true.
Disquiet
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-4670K 4.5Ghz MSI Z97 Gaming 7 ASUS Fury Strix Kingston HyperX Fury 1866Mhz 16GB White 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung EVO 850 500GB Samsung EVO 840 120GB WD Caviar Green 3TB WD Caviar Blue 1TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cooler Master Nepton 240M Windows 7 Home Premium 64 BenQ XL2730Z Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX760 Fractal Define R4 Black Mionix Naos 7000 Steelseries QcK Mini 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Audio-GD NFB-15 EVE Audio SC205 Philips Fidelio X2 AKG K7XX 
AudioOther
AKG K550 Pexon PC's Custom Cables 
  hide details  
Reply
Disquiet
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-4670K 4.5Ghz MSI Z97 Gaming 7 ASUS Fury Strix Kingston HyperX Fury 1866Mhz 16GB White 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung EVO 850 500GB Samsung EVO 840 120GB WD Caviar Green 3TB WD Caviar Blue 1TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cooler Master Nepton 240M Windows 7 Home Premium 64 BenQ XL2730Z Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX760 Fractal Define R4 Black Mionix Naos 7000 Steelseries QcK Mini 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Audio-GD NFB-15 EVE Audio SC205 Philips Fidelio X2 AKG K7XX 
AudioOther
AKG K550 Pexon PC's Custom Cables 
  hide details  
Reply
post #504 of 1929
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal571 View Post

Not that they require certain distances, just that liftoff distances are classically higher on optical mice. Both now have tunable lift off distances, and laser can still go lower while tracking 100% perfectly than optical but optical is real close now and tracks a lot more accurately.
I getcha.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineDark View Post

ADNS9500/9800 mice have lift off control, and are typically around 2.0mm. PTE laser mice have a fairly low LOD, but they have a z-axis bug that causes the cursor to move as it's lifted. This can be considered a lift off distance issue, but I've never experienced anywhere near the LOD of some of the 3.5G optical sensors.

Also, I own 3 Roccat mice with Easyshift buttons and I have all of them remapped to "back". I couldn't handle the easyshift functionality. I'm sure it's nice for people that are just starting with mice with side buttons, but for those of us that have been using side buttons for years, it was just too hard of a change to deal with.
Thanks. I love the idea of EasyShift for gaming because I traditionally don't use the back buttons for anything. I don't know why, I just never did, but I thought the EasyShift functionality would allow me to fully integrate them into my gaming, plus a whole lot more. But then I wanted another profile that turned off EasyShift and allowed the mouse to function normally, which would be better for web browsing, file browsing, listening to music, etc. etc. .
Disquiet
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-4670K 4.5Ghz MSI Z97 Gaming 7 ASUS Fury Strix Kingston HyperX Fury 1866Mhz 16GB White 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung EVO 850 500GB Samsung EVO 840 120GB WD Caviar Green 3TB WD Caviar Blue 1TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cooler Master Nepton 240M Windows 7 Home Premium 64 BenQ XL2730Z Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX760 Fractal Define R4 Black Mionix Naos 7000 Steelseries QcK Mini 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Audio-GD NFB-15 EVE Audio SC205 Philips Fidelio X2 AKG K7XX 
AudioOther
AKG K550 Pexon PC's Custom Cables 
  hide details  
Reply
Disquiet
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-4670K 4.5Ghz MSI Z97 Gaming 7 ASUS Fury Strix Kingston HyperX Fury 1866Mhz 16GB White 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung EVO 850 500GB Samsung EVO 840 120GB WD Caviar Green 3TB WD Caviar Blue 1TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cooler Master Nepton 240M Windows 7 Home Premium 64 BenQ XL2730Z Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX760 Fractal Define R4 Black Mionix Naos 7000 Steelseries QcK Mini 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Audio-GD NFB-15 EVE Audio SC205 Philips Fidelio X2 AKG K7XX 
AudioOther
AKG K550 Pexon PC's Custom Cables 
  hide details  
Reply
post #505 of 1929
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryGoldfish View Post

That is awesome! Thank you very much, good sir.

I believe the G602 has the AM010 sensor. I hear it's not as flawless as the PMW3310H, but that was just from one person. I can't find a review that confirms that, so it might not be true.

You are welcome.
smile.gif
Here is a link of the pixart (ADNS) optical gaming sensors
Pixart Optical Navigation Sensors > Gaming
And those are some mice-sensor list
OCN Gaming Mouse Sensor List
mouses using flawless sensors

Before deciding on the G602 you must fully know the sensor, i can't seem to find a sensor named AM010 and i would advice against buying a mouse without a proper review (Like the ones made by OCN members)

Also check the Roccat Kone Pure Optical It seems like a good ADNS-3090 mouse.
Cableton
(21 items)
 
X79
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel® Core™ i7-5930K ASUS X99-E WS Gigabyte GV-N98TG1 GAMING-6GD Gigabyte GV-N98TG1 GAMING-6GD 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
GSkill Ripjaws 4 DDR4 32GB (8GBx4) 2400MHz CL15... WD Black 4 TB (WD4003FZEX) WD Green 6 TB (WD60EZRX) SAMSUNG 850 PRO 1TB (MZ-7KE1T0BW) 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
SAMSUNG 850 PRO 1TB (MZ-7KE1T0BW) Nidec Servo D1225C (Gentle Typhoon) 1150 RPM x9... Watercool MO-RA3 360 PRO black Nidec Servo D1225C (Gentle Typhoon) 1850 rpm x1... 
CoolingCoolingMonitorKeyboard
EK-Supremacy EVO - Full Copper (Original CSQ) KOOLANCE D5 Strong 24v Dell U2715H CORSAIR GAMING K95 RGB Cherry MX Red 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA SUPERNOVA 1600T2 Thermaltake Core X9 Roccat Kone Pure Military Zowie G TF X 
Audio
O2+ODAC 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3960x Asus Rampage IV Extreme MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4g G Skill 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB EK Perdator 360 Windows 10 Samsung S27A750D 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G18 Enermax MaxRevo 1500W Cooler Master COSMOS 2 Razer taipan 
Mouse Pad
Razer goliathus 
  hide details  
Reply
Cableton
(21 items)
 
X79
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel® Core™ i7-5930K ASUS X99-E WS Gigabyte GV-N98TG1 GAMING-6GD Gigabyte GV-N98TG1 GAMING-6GD 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
GSkill Ripjaws 4 DDR4 32GB (8GBx4) 2400MHz CL15... WD Black 4 TB (WD4003FZEX) WD Green 6 TB (WD60EZRX) SAMSUNG 850 PRO 1TB (MZ-7KE1T0BW) 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
SAMSUNG 850 PRO 1TB (MZ-7KE1T0BW) Nidec Servo D1225C (Gentle Typhoon) 1150 RPM x9... Watercool MO-RA3 360 PRO black Nidec Servo D1225C (Gentle Typhoon) 1850 rpm x1... 
CoolingCoolingMonitorKeyboard
EK-Supremacy EVO - Full Copper (Original CSQ) KOOLANCE D5 Strong 24v Dell U2715H CORSAIR GAMING K95 RGB Cherry MX Red 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA SUPERNOVA 1600T2 Thermaltake Core X9 Roccat Kone Pure Military Zowie G TF X 
Audio
O2+ODAC 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3960x Asus Rampage IV Extreme MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4g G Skill 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB EK Perdator 360 Windows 10 Samsung S27A750D 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G18 Enermax MaxRevo 1500W Cooler Master COSMOS 2 Razer taipan 
Mouse Pad
Razer goliathus 
  hide details  
Reply
post #506 of 1929
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeElectron View Post

You are welcome.
smile.gif
Here is a link of the pixart (ADNS) optical gaming sensors
Pixart Optical Navigation Sensors > Gaming
And those are some mice-sensor list
OCN Gaming Mouse Sensor List
mouses using flawless sensors

Before deciding on the G602 you must fully know the sensor, i can't seem to find a sensor named AM010 and i would advice against buying a mouse without a proper review (Like the ones made by OCN members)

Also check the Roccat Kone Pure Optical It seems like a good ADNS-3090 mouse.
What sensor does the G100s use? I think it's the same as that, maybe. I'm really just going by what I've read from other people, and so far I've read some very polarizing opinions.

I just read a thread on here completely bashing the G602 before anyone even tried one. This nonsense happens all the time in every field of technology, but I will try and find some reviews on it that were written by an OCN forumite.
Disquiet
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-4670K 4.5Ghz MSI Z97 Gaming 7 ASUS Fury Strix Kingston HyperX Fury 1866Mhz 16GB White 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung EVO 850 500GB Samsung EVO 840 120GB WD Caviar Green 3TB WD Caviar Blue 1TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cooler Master Nepton 240M Windows 7 Home Premium 64 BenQ XL2730Z Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX760 Fractal Define R4 Black Mionix Naos 7000 Steelseries QcK Mini 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Audio-GD NFB-15 EVE Audio SC205 Philips Fidelio X2 AKG K7XX 
AudioOther
AKG K550 Pexon PC's Custom Cables 
  hide details  
Reply
Disquiet
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-4670K 4.5Ghz MSI Z97 Gaming 7 ASUS Fury Strix Kingston HyperX Fury 1866Mhz 16GB White 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung EVO 850 500GB Samsung EVO 840 120GB WD Caviar Green 3TB WD Caviar Blue 1TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cooler Master Nepton 240M Windows 7 Home Premium 64 BenQ XL2730Z Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX760 Fractal Define R4 Black Mionix Naos 7000 Steelseries QcK Mini 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Audio-GD NFB-15 EVE Audio SC205 Philips Fidelio X2 AKG K7XX 
AudioOther
AKG K550 Pexon PC's Custom Cables 
  hide details  
Reply
post #507 of 1929
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryGoldfish View Post

What sensor does the G100s use? I think it's the same as that, maybe. I'm really just going by what I've read from other people, and so far I've read some very polarizing opinions.

I just read a thread on here completely bashing the G602 before anyone even tried one. This nonsense happens all the time in every field of technology, but I will try and find some reviews on it that were written by an OCN forumite.
I don't know about the AM010 sensor.
But could you post a link to the forum topic where they are discussing it?
Cableton
(21 items)
 
X79
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel® Core™ i7-5930K ASUS X99-E WS Gigabyte GV-N98TG1 GAMING-6GD Gigabyte GV-N98TG1 GAMING-6GD 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
GSkill Ripjaws 4 DDR4 32GB (8GBx4) 2400MHz CL15... WD Black 4 TB (WD4003FZEX) WD Green 6 TB (WD60EZRX) SAMSUNG 850 PRO 1TB (MZ-7KE1T0BW) 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
SAMSUNG 850 PRO 1TB (MZ-7KE1T0BW) Nidec Servo D1225C (Gentle Typhoon) 1150 RPM x9... Watercool MO-RA3 360 PRO black Nidec Servo D1225C (Gentle Typhoon) 1850 rpm x1... 
CoolingCoolingMonitorKeyboard
EK-Supremacy EVO - Full Copper (Original CSQ) KOOLANCE D5 Strong 24v Dell U2715H CORSAIR GAMING K95 RGB Cherry MX Red 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA SUPERNOVA 1600T2 Thermaltake Core X9 Roccat Kone Pure Military Zowie G TF X 
Audio
O2+ODAC 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3960x Asus Rampage IV Extreme MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4g G Skill 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB EK Perdator 360 Windows 10 Samsung S27A750D 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G18 Enermax MaxRevo 1500W Cooler Master COSMOS 2 Razer taipan 
Mouse Pad
Razer goliathus 
  hide details  
Reply
Cableton
(21 items)
 
X79
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel® Core™ i7-5930K ASUS X99-E WS Gigabyte GV-N98TG1 GAMING-6GD Gigabyte GV-N98TG1 GAMING-6GD 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
GSkill Ripjaws 4 DDR4 32GB (8GBx4) 2400MHz CL15... WD Black 4 TB (WD4003FZEX) WD Green 6 TB (WD60EZRX) SAMSUNG 850 PRO 1TB (MZ-7KE1T0BW) 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
SAMSUNG 850 PRO 1TB (MZ-7KE1T0BW) Nidec Servo D1225C (Gentle Typhoon) 1150 RPM x9... Watercool MO-RA3 360 PRO black Nidec Servo D1225C (Gentle Typhoon) 1850 rpm x1... 
CoolingCoolingMonitorKeyboard
EK-Supremacy EVO - Full Copper (Original CSQ) KOOLANCE D5 Strong 24v Dell U2715H CORSAIR GAMING K95 RGB Cherry MX Red 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA SUPERNOVA 1600T2 Thermaltake Core X9 Roccat Kone Pure Military Zowie G TF X 
Audio
O2+ODAC 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3960x Asus Rampage IV Extreme MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4g G Skill 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB EK Perdator 360 Windows 10 Samsung S27A750D 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G18 Enermax MaxRevo 1500W Cooler Master COSMOS 2 Razer taipan 
Mouse Pad
Razer goliathus 
  hide details  
Reply
post #508 of 1929
If you're hellbent on buying a mouse today then I think the Avior 7000 would be a good choice.

It doesn't quite fit what you wanted because it isn't ergonomic and it doesn't have as many buttons.

However I have several ambidextrous and ergonomic mice and find it very easy to switch between them - I personally adjust to the shape quite quickly and imagine that most other people are the same. Similarly if you have fewer buttons on the mouse you might be able to change binds to the keyboard and get used to them over time.

I think the Avior 7000 with its great sensor and excellent build quality is worth making a few adjustments to the way you play!

Regarding where to buy them in the UK, I managed to get mine second hand, but basically new, from ebay for £30 plus postage.

All that said, if you can wait a few weeks then there are several other mice being released with the 3310 sensor and the Logitech G502 will also be available in the UK giving you far more choice.
post #509 of 1929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necroblob View Post

If you're hellbent on buying a mouse today then I think the Avior 7000 would be a good choice.

It doesn't quite fit what you wanted because it isn't ergonomic and it doesn't have as many buttons.

However I have several ambidextrous and ergonomic mice and find it very easy to switch between them - I personally adjust to the shape quite quickly and imagine that most other people are the same. Similarly if you have fewer buttons on the mouse you might be able to change binds to the keyboard and get used to them over time.

I think the Avior 7000 with its great sensor and excellent build quality is worth making a few adjustments to the way you play!

Regarding where to buy them in the UK, I managed to get mine second hand, but basically new, from ebay for £30 plus postage.

All that said, if you can wait a few weeks then there are several other mice being released with the 3310 sensor and the Logitech G502 will also be available in the UK giving you far more choice.
G502 looks promising.
But we need testers biggrin.gif
Cableton
(21 items)
 
X79
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel® Core™ i7-5930K ASUS X99-E WS Gigabyte GV-N98TG1 GAMING-6GD Gigabyte GV-N98TG1 GAMING-6GD 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
GSkill Ripjaws 4 DDR4 32GB (8GBx4) 2400MHz CL15... WD Black 4 TB (WD4003FZEX) WD Green 6 TB (WD60EZRX) SAMSUNG 850 PRO 1TB (MZ-7KE1T0BW) 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
SAMSUNG 850 PRO 1TB (MZ-7KE1T0BW) Nidec Servo D1225C (Gentle Typhoon) 1150 RPM x9... Watercool MO-RA3 360 PRO black Nidec Servo D1225C (Gentle Typhoon) 1850 rpm x1... 
CoolingCoolingMonitorKeyboard
EK-Supremacy EVO - Full Copper (Original CSQ) KOOLANCE D5 Strong 24v Dell U2715H CORSAIR GAMING K95 RGB Cherry MX Red 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA SUPERNOVA 1600T2 Thermaltake Core X9 Roccat Kone Pure Military Zowie G TF X 
Audio
O2+ODAC 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3960x Asus Rampage IV Extreme MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4g G Skill 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB EK Perdator 360 Windows 10 Samsung S27A750D 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G18 Enermax MaxRevo 1500W Cooler Master COSMOS 2 Razer taipan 
Mouse Pad
Razer goliathus 
  hide details  
Reply
Cableton
(21 items)
 
X79
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel® Core™ i7-5930K ASUS X99-E WS Gigabyte GV-N98TG1 GAMING-6GD Gigabyte GV-N98TG1 GAMING-6GD 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
GSkill Ripjaws 4 DDR4 32GB (8GBx4) 2400MHz CL15... WD Black 4 TB (WD4003FZEX) WD Green 6 TB (WD60EZRX) SAMSUNG 850 PRO 1TB (MZ-7KE1T0BW) 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
SAMSUNG 850 PRO 1TB (MZ-7KE1T0BW) Nidec Servo D1225C (Gentle Typhoon) 1150 RPM x9... Watercool MO-RA3 360 PRO black Nidec Servo D1225C (Gentle Typhoon) 1850 rpm x1... 
CoolingCoolingMonitorKeyboard
EK-Supremacy EVO - Full Copper (Original CSQ) KOOLANCE D5 Strong 24v Dell U2715H CORSAIR GAMING K95 RGB Cherry MX Red 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA SUPERNOVA 1600T2 Thermaltake Core X9 Roccat Kone Pure Military Zowie G TF X 
Audio
O2+ODAC 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3960x Asus Rampage IV Extreme MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4g G Skill 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB EK Perdator 360 Windows 10 Samsung S27A750D 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G18 Enermax MaxRevo 1500W Cooler Master COSMOS 2 Razer taipan 
Mouse Pad
Razer goliathus 
  hide details  
Reply
post #510 of 1929
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeElectron View Post

I don't know about the AM010 sensor.
But could you post a link to the forum topic where they are discussing it?
Not sure if you need to be a member to view the post, but here is a direct link. Just use your 'find' key to pick out the words "AM010". Otherwise here is the entire thread I made on LinusTechTips when I first started looking for a new mouse a couple of days ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necroblob View Post

If you're hellbent on buying a mouse today then I think the Avior 7000 would be a good choice.

It doesn't quite fit what you wanted because it isn't ergonomic and it doesn't have as many buttons.

However I have several ambidextrous and ergonomic mice and find it very easy to switch between them - I personally adjust to the shape quite quickly and imagine that most other people are the same. Similarly if you have fewer buttons on the mouse you might be able to change binds to the keyboard and get used to them over time.

I think the Avior 7000 with its great sensor and excellent build quality is worth making a few adjustments to the way you play!

Regarding where to buy them in the UK, I managed to get mine second hand, but basically new, from ebay for £30 plus postage.

All that said, if you can wait a few weeks then there are several other mice being released with the 3310 sensor and the Logitech G502 will also be available in the UK giving you far more choice.
I think I maybe used the word 'ergonomic' in the wrong context, or maybe I misinterpreted what it means in this context. When I said ergonomic, I meant comfortable. I just wanted a shape that conformed to the hand better the current mouse I've borrowed from my mother, the Logitech M705, which I find far too small for palm grip. I basically need a mouse with a bigger ass, which the Naos and Avoir both have. thumb.gif

I would like to wait for the G502 because it seems to correct all the personal misgivings I have with the G602, which is the button layout and wireless technology, but it could be four weeks before they arrive over here in the UK, and then I'd have to wait for a few consumer reviews to make sure there are no bugs in the software or the mouse is not a piece of crap that was nothing more than an excellent marketing scheme.
Disquiet
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-4670K 4.5Ghz MSI Z97 Gaming 7 ASUS Fury Strix Kingston HyperX Fury 1866Mhz 16GB White 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung EVO 850 500GB Samsung EVO 840 120GB WD Caviar Green 3TB WD Caviar Blue 1TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cooler Master Nepton 240M Windows 7 Home Premium 64 BenQ XL2730Z Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX760 Fractal Define R4 Black Mionix Naos 7000 Steelseries QcK Mini 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Audio-GD NFB-15 EVE Audio SC205 Philips Fidelio X2 AKG K7XX 
AudioOther
AKG K550 Pexon PC's Custom Cables 
  hide details  
Reply
Disquiet
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-4670K 4.5Ghz MSI Z97 Gaming 7 ASUS Fury Strix Kingston HyperX Fury 1866Mhz 16GB White 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung EVO 850 500GB Samsung EVO 840 120GB WD Caviar Green 3TB WD Caviar Blue 1TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cooler Master Nepton 240M Windows 7 Home Premium 64 BenQ XL2730Z Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX760 Fractal Define R4 Black Mionix Naos 7000 Steelseries QcK Mini 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Audio-GD NFB-15 EVE Audio SC205 Philips Fidelio X2 AKG K7XX 
AudioOther
AKG K550 Pexon PC's Custom Cables 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › MIONIX AVIOR 7000 First Impressions/Review