Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › MIONIX AVIOR 7000 First Impressions/Review
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MIONIX AVIOR 7000 First Impressions/Review - Page 62

post #611 of 1929
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by woll3 View Post

Actually, it is. Money + Time Issue.
Many Players are proving that it is, if they are performing to their fullest is another story.
The illumination method isnt the issue.
Well it can be, but its often more than that, depending on various factors.
Nope, can change due to various factors, for example the way the laser diode is made.

Finally someone to put me in my place. +rep

I could have sworn that all 9500 and 9800 mice still have the acceleration issue though. I know they have it to differing degrees however. Mionix says it's a fault with Pixart just not spending time to actually make an SROM without the acceleration curve so I agree that it could be fixed it just isn't right now. Solid post.
L1m1t
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5 GHz ASUS P8Z68-V LX ASUS DirectCU II GTX 770 OC Patriot G2 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Caviar Black Kingston SSDNow Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Windows 8.1 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VG248QE SteelSeries 6Gv2 MX Red Corsair TX650 NZXT Source 210 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Zowie FK1 Puretrak Talent ASUS Xonar DG Sennheiser PC350 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Creative Fatal1ty HS-800 Shure SRH440 Audio Technica ATH-M40x AKG K701 
AudioAudio
beyerdynamic DT770 AKG K550 
  hide details  
Reply
L1m1t
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5 GHz ASUS P8Z68-V LX ASUS DirectCU II GTX 770 OC Patriot G2 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Caviar Black Kingston SSDNow Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Windows 8.1 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VG248QE SteelSeries 6Gv2 MX Red Corsair TX650 NZXT Source 210 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Zowie FK1 Puretrak Talent ASUS Xonar DG Sennheiser PC350 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Creative Fatal1ty HS-800 Shure SRH440 Audio Technica ATH-M40x AKG K701 
AudioAudio
beyerdynamic DT770 AKG K550 
  hide details  
Reply
post #612 of 1929
Mm maybe not with current package but it's correctable via modification of design.

Aside from the extreme mentality, you have to consider that not all units perform the same and thus accepted variance will be represented between samples. Especially those mice with different hardware and surface setups.
post #613 of 1929
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal571 View Post


The G502 and Naos are heavier palm mice, that's a different shape entirely. Steelseries is definitely worse in build quality just get either an Avior SK or wait on more stock. This mouse is golden.

I don't get this whole shape thing...
I mean before i even know that there were gaming mice. I used to just play games with mice that i do not even know their names.
I think i am a finger tip kinda guy but i have never considered shape when purchasing a mouse.
Cableton
(21 items)
 
X79
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel® Core™ i7-5930K ASUS X99-E WS Gigabyte GV-N98TG1 GAMING-6GD Gigabyte GV-N98TG1 GAMING-6GD 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
GSkill Ripjaws 4 DDR4 32GB (8GBx4) 2400MHz CL15... WD Black 4 TB (WD4003FZEX) WD Green 6 TB (WD60EZRX) SAMSUNG 850 PRO 1TB (MZ-7KE1T0BW) 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
SAMSUNG 850 PRO 1TB (MZ-7KE1T0BW) Nidec Servo D1225C (Gentle Typhoon) 1150 RPM x9... Watercool MO-RA3 360 PRO black Nidec Servo D1225C (Gentle Typhoon) 1850 rpm x1... 
CoolingCoolingMonitorKeyboard
EK-Supremacy EVO - Full Copper (Original CSQ) KOOLANCE D5 Strong 24v Dell U2715H CORSAIR GAMING K95 RGB Cherry MX Red 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA SUPERNOVA 1600T2 Thermaltake Core X9 Roccat Kone Pure Military Zowie G TF X 
Audio
O2+ODAC 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3960x Asus Rampage IV Extreme MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4g G Skill 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB EK Perdator 360 Windows 10 Samsung S27A750D 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G18 Enermax MaxRevo 1500W Cooler Master COSMOS 2 Razer taipan 
Mouse Pad
Razer goliathus 
  hide details  
Reply
Cableton
(21 items)
 
X79
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel® Core™ i7-5930K ASUS X99-E WS Gigabyte GV-N98TG1 GAMING-6GD Gigabyte GV-N98TG1 GAMING-6GD 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
GSkill Ripjaws 4 DDR4 32GB (8GBx4) 2400MHz CL15... WD Black 4 TB (WD4003FZEX) WD Green 6 TB (WD60EZRX) SAMSUNG 850 PRO 1TB (MZ-7KE1T0BW) 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
SAMSUNG 850 PRO 1TB (MZ-7KE1T0BW) Nidec Servo D1225C (Gentle Typhoon) 1150 RPM x9... Watercool MO-RA3 360 PRO black Nidec Servo D1225C (Gentle Typhoon) 1850 rpm x1... 
CoolingCoolingMonitorKeyboard
EK-Supremacy EVO - Full Copper (Original CSQ) KOOLANCE D5 Strong 24v Dell U2715H CORSAIR GAMING K95 RGB Cherry MX Red 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA SUPERNOVA 1600T2 Thermaltake Core X9 Roccat Kone Pure Military Zowie G TF X 
Audio
O2+ODAC 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3960x Asus Rampage IV Extreme MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4g G Skill 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB EK Perdator 360 Windows 10 Samsung S27A750D 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G18 Enermax MaxRevo 1500W Cooler Master COSMOS 2 Razer taipan 
Mouse Pad
Razer goliathus 
  hide details  
Reply
post #614 of 1929
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeElectron View Post

I don't get this whole shape thing...
I mean before i even know that there were gaming mice. I used to just play games with mice that i do not even know their names.
I think i am a finger tip kinda guy but i have never considered shape when purchasing a mouse.

Well much larger ergonomic mice hardly even let you use a fingertip grip so there are definitely mice targeted to the way you hold them.
L1m1t
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5 GHz ASUS P8Z68-V LX ASUS DirectCU II GTX 770 OC Patriot G2 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Caviar Black Kingston SSDNow Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Windows 8.1 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VG248QE SteelSeries 6Gv2 MX Red Corsair TX650 NZXT Source 210 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Zowie FK1 Puretrak Talent ASUS Xonar DG Sennheiser PC350 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Creative Fatal1ty HS-800 Shure SRH440 Audio Technica ATH-M40x AKG K701 
AudioAudio
beyerdynamic DT770 AKG K550 
  hide details  
Reply
L1m1t
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5 GHz ASUS P8Z68-V LX ASUS DirectCU II GTX 770 OC Patriot G2 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Caviar Black Kingston SSDNow Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Windows 8.1 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VG248QE SteelSeries 6Gv2 MX Red Corsair TX650 NZXT Source 210 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Zowie FK1 Puretrak Talent ASUS Xonar DG Sennheiser PC350 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Creative Fatal1ty HS-800 Shure SRH440 Audio Technica ATH-M40x AKG K701 
AudioAudio
beyerdynamic DT770 AKG K550 
  hide details  
Reply
post #615 of 1929
Well I have found the Avior to be one of the best mice I have ever owned period. Absolutely love it. One thing I really appreciate about it over my old Recon was the recons polling rate fluctuated wildly for some reason while you moved it around, this to me sometimes made me think my aim was inconsistent as a result. The Avior's polling rate stays rock solid steady right around 1000hz when it's set to 1000hz and works like a dream. I have it attached to a mouse bungee and I have to say I'm pretty sure it's also the lightest mouse I have ever had the pleasure of using. Definitely my DA black edition was heavier no questions about it. I absolutely despise razer mice, the only reason I ever had a DA was because at the time it was one of only a few mice on the market that had a reliable sensor but it was the cheapest piece of crap ever, I had to go through literally 3 of them before I got one that was working flawlessly and even then after only a couple months it began to develop some jitter at slow movements and also the scroll wheel was buggy. Sometimes when scrolling down it what freak out and shoot up like 3 or 4 scrolls for no apparent reason.

The Avior is of exceptional build quality, light as hell, has amazing specs, tracks perfectly even at the hardest of swipes you will never make this thing malfunction. Also the LOD is extremely low, when I set it to as low as it will go it literally like, you lift it up a hair off the pad and it stops tracking which is nice for low sense when you will be picking up your mouse often. Since I have been gaming with Avior I can say it is pinpoint accurate and reliable. It has replaced my Recon and is my new mouse of choice, highly recommend it to anyone and everyone who takes their gaming seriously and wants a mouse they can rely on. Mionix is a great company and I can see they have a bright future ahead of them if they take this kind of attention to detail and care into future products they are going to have a lot of happy customers.

Even the pickiest and snobbiest of mouse enthusiasts are going to have little to fuss about with the Avior, simply remarkable. The xai and Avior are definitely also equally great in terms of their shapes. The avior is just so damn comfortable, I can take ahold of this thing and whip it around while gaming I literally, it becomes like an extension of myself, fits perfectly in the hand and so light it just becomes part of you when you are in the zone. Dinking people in CSGO has never been as dependable and consistent as with any mouse I have ever used. Avior rocks plain and simple. Mionix knocked it out of the park with the Avior.

Also what I realized is don't make your LOD TOO low on your mouse or it will not track as well!!! I realized this when I ran tests on my MP's and I noticed that I was getting a lower tracking score when I set it to as low as it will go. At default LOD I get 100% tracking score on my QCK, and my CM Power mousepads, the Talent scored a 90% for some reason but even at default LOD the LOD is extremely low and completely satisfactory, it's maybe like 1 CD I don't even think it's 2.
Edited by immakulate - 4/18/14 at 12:58pm
My Rig
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2700k@4.8GHZ Gigabyte UD5H Z77 EVGA GTX 670FTW 2GB X2 Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz 1.5V RAM 4X4GB=16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Western Digital 1TB HDD 7200RPM Caviar Black M4 Crucial 128GB SSD(boot Drive) LG Blue Ray Player Corsair H100 with 4 Cougar vortex fans push/pull 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit Asus VG278H 3D 120HZ monitor + VG248QE 144 HZ CM QuickFirePro(Cherry Brown) and CMquickFire R... OCZ 1000W Full Modular 80+Gold 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cooler Master HAF X 942 Cooler Master Recon PureTrak Talent + SteelSeries QCK Heavy Logitech Z623 
AudioAudioAudio
AKG Q701 Quincy Jones signature Creative ZXR Zalman clip on headphone mic 
  hide details  
Reply
My Rig
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2700k@4.8GHZ Gigabyte UD5H Z77 EVGA GTX 670FTW 2GB X2 Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz 1.5V RAM 4X4GB=16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Western Digital 1TB HDD 7200RPM Caviar Black M4 Crucial 128GB SSD(boot Drive) LG Blue Ray Player Corsair H100 with 4 Cougar vortex fans push/pull 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit Asus VG278H 3D 120HZ monitor + VG248QE 144 HZ CM QuickFirePro(Cherry Brown) and CMquickFire R... OCZ 1000W Full Modular 80+Gold 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cooler Master HAF X 942 Cooler Master Recon PureTrak Talent + SteelSeries QCK Heavy Logitech Z623 
AudioAudioAudio
AKG Q701 Quincy Jones signature Creative ZXR Zalman clip on headphone mic 
  hide details  
Reply
post #616 of 1929
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by immakulate View Post

Well I have found the Avior to be one of the best mice I have ever owned period. Absolutely love it. One thing I really appreciate about it over my old Recon was the recons polling rate fluctuated wildly for some reason while you moved it around, this to me sometimes made me think my aim was inconsistent as a result. The Avior's polling rate stays rock solid steady right around 1000hz when it's set to 1000hz and works like a dream. I have it attached to a mouse bungee and I have to say I'm pretty sure it's also the lightest mouse I have ever had the pleasure of using. Definitely my DA black edition was heavier no questions about it. I absolutely despise razer mice, the only reason I ever had a DA was because at the time it was one of only a few mice on the market that had a reliable sensor but it was the cheapest piece of crap ever, I had to go through literally 3 of them before I got one that was working flawlessly and even then after only a couple months it began to develop some jitter at slow movements and also the scroll wheel was buggy. Sometimes when scrolling down it what freak out and shoot up like 3 or 4 scrolls for no apparent reason.

The Avior is of exceptional build quality, light as hell, has amazing specs, tracks perfectly even at the hardest of swipes you will never make this thing malfunction. Also the LOD is extremely low, when I set it to as low as it will go it literally like, you lift it up a hair off the pad and it stops tracking which is nice for low sense when you will be picking up your mouse often. Since I have been gaming with Avior I can say it is pinpoint accurate and reliable. It has replaced my Recon and is my new mouse of choice, highly recommend it to anyone and everyone who takes their gaming seriously and wants a mouse they can rely on. Mionix is a great company and I can see they have a bright future ahead of them if they take this kind of attention to detail and care into future products they are going to have a lot of happy customers.

Even the pickiest and snobbiest of mouse enthusiasts are going to have little to fuss about with the Avior, simply remarkable. The xai and Avior are definitely also equally great in terms of their shapes. The avior is just so damn comfortable, I can take ahold of this thing and whip it around while gaming I literally, it becomes like an extension of myself, fits perfectly in the hand and so light it just becomes part of you when you are in the zone. Dinking people in CSGO has never been as dependable and consistent as with any mouse I have ever used. Avior rocks plain and simple. Mionix knocked it out of the park with the Avior.

Exactly my thoughts.

You aren't alone on DA problems, the same thing happened to me on my 3.5G. My 4 3.5G RMA units. Every single one of them had a scroll wheel problem. That's when I sold off the last one. Absolutely terrible reliability.
L1m1t
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5 GHz ASUS P8Z68-V LX ASUS DirectCU II GTX 770 OC Patriot G2 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Caviar Black Kingston SSDNow Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Windows 8.1 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VG248QE SteelSeries 6Gv2 MX Red Corsair TX650 NZXT Source 210 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Zowie FK1 Puretrak Talent ASUS Xonar DG Sennheiser PC350 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Creative Fatal1ty HS-800 Shure SRH440 Audio Technica ATH-M40x AKG K701 
AudioAudio
beyerdynamic DT770 AKG K550 
  hide details  
Reply
L1m1t
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5 GHz ASUS P8Z68-V LX ASUS DirectCU II GTX 770 OC Patriot G2 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Caviar Black Kingston SSDNow Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Windows 8.1 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VG248QE SteelSeries 6Gv2 MX Red Corsair TX650 NZXT Source 210 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Zowie FK1 Puretrak Talent ASUS Xonar DG Sennheiser PC350 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Creative Fatal1ty HS-800 Shure SRH440 Audio Technica ATH-M40x AKG K701 
AudioAudio
beyerdynamic DT770 AKG K550 
  hide details  
Reply
post #617 of 1929
Had the mouse for a bit now and am getting used to it, basically zero complaints. I thought left handed buttons might get in the way of my right handed fingertip grip but doesn't seem to be the case.

I might do the unthinkable and cut the talent down a bit to better fit my keyboard tray. The stealth was too small.

Anyway, thanks for your recommendation, very solid mouse.

SLOWPOKE
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
980x@4.4ghz (29x152) 1.392 vcore 24/7 Gigabyte X58A-UD7 2x EVGA Titans Corsair Dominator GT 6GB 2000C7 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
3x 256GB Crucial C300 in Raid0 Loop1: mcp350>pa120.4>ek supreme hf loop2: mcp355>2xpa120.3>ek_titan_x2>ek nb/sb Windows 7 
MonitorPowerCase
Asus ROG Swift PG278Q Enermax EVO 1250 Mountain Mods Asscension 
  hide details  
Reply
SLOWPOKE
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
980x@4.4ghz (29x152) 1.392 vcore 24/7 Gigabyte X58A-UD7 2x EVGA Titans Corsair Dominator GT 6GB 2000C7 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
3x 256GB Crucial C300 in Raid0 Loop1: mcp350>pa120.4>ek supreme hf loop2: mcp355>2xpa120.3>ek_titan_x2>ek nb/sb Windows 7 
MonitorPowerCase
Asus ROG Swift PG278Q Enermax EVO 1250 Mountain Mods Asscension 
  hide details  
Reply
post #618 of 1929
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbreslin View Post

Had the mouse for a bit now and am getting used to it, basically zero complaints. I thought left handed buttons might get in the way of my right handed fingertip grip but doesn't seem to be the case.

I might do the unthinkable and cut the talent down a bit to better fit my keyboard tray. The stealth was too small.

Anyway, thanks for your recommendation, very solid mouse.


Glad you are enjoying. Definitely one of the best combinations available for FPS right now. I have a desk with no keyboard tray and a large flat top surface so I just move my Talent to the right, my keyboard to the left, and put the monitor just behind them both to use the full surface. That's really the best way I can think of to do it. I push my chair in and lay my arms on the top of the desk, with the KB, pad, and monitor pushed further back on the desk than most. Works well for me.
L1m1t
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5 GHz ASUS P8Z68-V LX ASUS DirectCU II GTX 770 OC Patriot G2 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Caviar Black Kingston SSDNow Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Windows 8.1 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VG248QE SteelSeries 6Gv2 MX Red Corsair TX650 NZXT Source 210 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Zowie FK1 Puretrak Talent ASUS Xonar DG Sennheiser PC350 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Creative Fatal1ty HS-800 Shure SRH440 Audio Technica ATH-M40x AKG K701 
AudioAudio
beyerdynamic DT770 AKG K550 
  hide details  
Reply
L1m1t
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5 GHz ASUS P8Z68-V LX ASUS DirectCU II GTX 770 OC Patriot G2 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Caviar Black Kingston SSDNow Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Windows 8.1 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VG248QE SteelSeries 6Gv2 MX Red Corsair TX650 NZXT Source 210 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Zowie FK1 Puretrak Talent ASUS Xonar DG Sennheiser PC350 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Creative Fatal1ty HS-800 Shure SRH440 Audio Technica ATH-M40x AKG K701 
AudioAudio
beyerdynamic DT770 AKG K550 
  hide details  
Reply
post #619 of 1929
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal571 View Post

Well much larger ergonomic mice hardly even let you use a fingertip grip so there are definitely mice targeted to the way you hold them.

I do not agree to that either.
Simply, because of the right side finger rests, you have more points to grip the moue. Therefore you are not lifting with 2 fingers, but you are with 3 (NAOS), or even 4 with the MS-3. So the weight and size is compensated well enough.
White Borg Cube
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700k ASUS Maximus VIII Gene GTX 1070 FE 16GB Corsair Vengeance Red LPX 2666 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Kingston HyperX Predator PCIE SSD Samsung 850Pro 256GB WD Red None 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Noctua NH-U9S Win10 64bit Panasonic 50GT60 Logitech G910 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W Corsair Air 240 Logitech G900 Func 1030L2 
AudioAudioAudio
ASUS Xonar Essence STU HD598 Mackie MR5 MK3 
  hide details  
Reply
White Borg Cube
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700k ASUS Maximus VIII Gene GTX 1070 FE 16GB Corsair Vengeance Red LPX 2666 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Kingston HyperX Predator PCIE SSD Samsung 850Pro 256GB WD Red None 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Noctua NH-U9S Win10 64bit Panasonic 50GT60 Logitech G910 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W Corsair Air 240 Logitech G900 Func 1030L2 
AudioAudioAudio
ASUS Xonar Essence STU HD598 Mackie MR5 MK3 
  hide details  
Reply
post #620 of 1929
More points to grip the mouse. Correct.
But not to hold the mouse in a firm grip.
That's why there exist thinner ambidextrous mice, so you can claw the mouse with a firm grip for easy and controlled lifting.
That is basic understanding of the human hands.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › MIONIX AVIOR 7000 First Impressions/Review