Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › Gigabyte R9 290 Windforce CF Problems
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gigabyte R9 290 Windforce CF Problems - Page 2

post #11 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace674 View Post

Ok, I tried the 14.1 drivers but for some reasons my frame rate dropped a lot when I installed them, so I reverted back to the old drivers. I have also come to the conclusion, that the cards are not at fault. I ran both cards (separate of each other) for one hour on the Unigine benchmarks, and I had no problems. I have not tried running them in CF again after this. So, if the cards, on their own, don't look to be at fault, what is the issue here? Sorry for the late reply also.

UPDATE: Just ran the cards in Crossfire and faced the same problem. Tried running Borderlands 1 and it froze and showed various graphical artifacts. After restarting, I got the exact same problem as before.

Reverted back to what driver version? try 13.12 WHQL. stay away from 14.1. that's the first driver specific for BF4 and mantle. buggy as hell.
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 290 (2) 16 / 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 360/240 10 64 28 2160 
PowerCase
850 540 
  hide details  
Reply
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 290 (2) 16 / 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 360/240 10 64 28 2160 
PowerCase
850 540 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 26
Thread Starter 
That is the driver I reverted back to haha! Still having the same problem!
post #13 of 26
what are your temps at LOAD? there are two you need to check - core and vrms. use gpuz. you may have to lower your dpi to see the vrms temps using the slider on the side. is your cpu oc stable?

btw, don't get mad . . . i would not crossfire 290s with the 8300. too much.
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 290 (2) 16 / 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 360/240 10 64 28 2160 
PowerCase
850 540 
  hide details  
Reply
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 290 (2) 16 / 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 360/240 10 64 28 2160 
PowerCase
850 540 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 26
While not our card, let me jump in here. Before doing anything else pull one of the cards and test with a single card installed. If the issue is there swap to the other card, again just one in and try again. This will determine if it is a single card being your issue. First step in diagnosing these kinds of issues is to always check out the individual cards first.
post #15 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdr09 View Post

what are your temps at LOAD? there are two you need to check - core and vrms. use gpuz. you may have to lower your dpi to see the vrms temps using the slider on the side. is your cpu oc stable?

btw, don't get mad . . . i would not crossfire 290s with the 8300. too much.

I will check later as I'm not at home, and yeah maybe this build was a bad idea. tongue.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaporX View Post

While not our card, let me jump in here. Before doing anything else pull one of the cards and test with a single card installed. If the issue is there swap to the other card, again just one in and try again. This will determine if it is a single card being your issue. First step in diagnosing these kinds of issues is to always check out the individual cards first.

I did not pull the cards out of the slot but I did unplug from the PSU. And, tested each one for one hour with the Unigine benchmark and they were both fine. If, you're saying I should unplug the cards from the motherboard, then I can do that aswell. Thanks for the help btw! smile.gif
post #16 of 26

Try to underclock the memory. My 290s artefact a lot if I clock it a bit too high. Even if it's stock, just underclock it and see if it helps.

post #17 of 26
Your method of doing it is likely enough. I am a touch of an extremist with my testing so I always pull the cards out of the box for testing like that. The odds are your testing is right and the individual cards are fine.
post #18 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by splinterize View Post

Try to underclock the memory. My 290s artefact a lot if I clock it a bit too high. Even if it's stock, just underclock it and see if it helps.

I think I tried doing that aswell, it didn't really seem to do anything either. Plus, I have them clocked at the default speed of the card, which is a factory overclock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaporX View Post

Your method of doing it is likely enough. I am a touch of an extremist with my testing so I always pull the cards out of the box for testing like that. The odds are your testing is right and the individual cards are fine.

Yeah, I could do it but I'm not sure if it would change the results. I'm wondering if something else is at fault, whether it be hardware or software related.
post #19 of 26
You might have a corrupted driver install. I'd use DDU to uninstall the gpu driver then reinstall 13.12WHQL.
Gaming Rig
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-4670K Asrock Z87 Extreme6 Powercolor RX 480 G-skill Ripjaws x-series  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Adata SPG 900X adata 120GB Antec H2O 620 Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
MG279Q 27inch free sync CM Storm quickfire Seasonic 650W Fractal Design R5 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G502 ZERO Sennheiser PC-363D 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming Rig
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-4670K Asrock Z87 Extreme6 Powercolor RX 480 G-skill Ripjaws x-series  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Adata SPG 900X adata 120GB Antec H2O 620 Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
MG279Q 27inch free sync CM Storm quickfire Seasonic 650W Fractal Design R5 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G502 ZERO Sennheiser PC-363D 
  hide details  
Reply
post #20 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiman View Post

You might have a corrupted driver install. I'd use DDU to uninstall the gpu driver then reinstall 13.12WHQL.

true. when i had crossfire (7950/7970), i had to disable crossfire first before driver update.
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 290 (2) 16 / 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 360/240 10 64 28 2160 
PowerCase
850 540 
  hide details  
Reply
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 290 (2) 16 / 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 360/240 10 64 28 2160 
PowerCase
850 540 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD/ATI
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › Gigabyte R9 290 Windforce CF Problems