Another significant milestone in this update. All it took was some Dremeling, but all the components now fit inside the chassis.
I had to open up the video I/O space a little more after this to fit the HDMI cable, but everything is in there.
Here's some more pics:
Further work was needed on the lid.
The lid is just resting on it right now, but it's in place.
I've got the system running for stress tests now. I'll have to shorten the cables for the switches, but I want to get them properly situated first. I still think I can make the original buttons work. The hole on the right is where the "Open" butten went. That will get permanently glued in soon.
I stopped Furmark when it started pushing 87 degrees (It ran around 70 in the Falcon). I have to open up the front more for hot air exhaust. I've carved enough out that a custom I/O shield is going to be a necessity both for aesthetics and structure.
I ran Prime95 for about an hour and temps were stable around 60-63 degrees C, peaking at 65. The cooler gets a bit loud, as expected, at full load, but idle it's pretty quiet.