Originally Posted by ZytheEKS
For future reference I would stick to lemon juice as opposed to vinegar, and if you do use vinegar don't use it in the loop for more than an hour. It will make your water rather acidic. Vinegar is 90% water, 8% acetic acid, and 2% fermentation biproducts. The key there is acetic acid, that is REALLY potent stuff. If you were to pour acetic acid on someones face than their face would literally start to melt, and if you threw a match on them or it was over 98degrees Fahrenheit outside then the acid would catch fire and you would be melting their face off with chemicals AND fire.
That's not just a joke, it's seriously some crazy potent stuff, and if you have nickle in your loop it might do some damage.
No nickel so I think everything should be good! All copper rads and blocks and I have brass fittings.
I ended up running a nearly 50/50 mix with slightly more water in the loop. Air bubbles went away very quickly compared to water so I ran that until 745 yesterday for a total of one hour 45 minutes. Out of that about 30 minutes was without significant air bubbles.
Then I drained once, refilled and ran that. Fell asleep and woke up to a thirsty pump so I turned it off and topped it off again. Ran it all night. Then I drained it this morning, filled it up again to the point I know it will stay safe while I'm at work.
Once I get home I will drain it again and refill. This time using my remaining X1 and filling the rest with DI. I hope it is really clean after today!
Originally Posted by PepeLapiu
Would that blend well with the pickled egg in the res?
Just quoting so you know.
Thanks for all the help so far!