Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › AMD No longer a viable option for mid-high end?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AMD No longer a viable option for mid-high end? - Page 24  

post #231 of 1593
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDATI View Post

No it's not even about the socket at all.....especially, as I pointed out, if you're already in line for a new socket type regardless of whether it's AMD or Intel. So socket type is pretty much inconsequential. Although, I am seeing more staying power in Intel sockets rather than AMD.

In fact, even being with AMD all of these years, I find that unless you plan on upgrading within 2 years of a sockets release, you're not going to really have an upgrade path much beyond that, and have to buy a new motherboard.

Exactly it's not about the socket. Your original post was:

1. Power Consumption

2. Performance per Dollar

3. FPU

1. This has already been proven that it's a non issue,
2. Proven again that this is entirely based on the User need,

3. Everyone here knows that the FX FPU is a decent performer at best, but it's still a very situation scenario. You specifically brought up rendering, etc, tasks that required heavy FPU usage. To that end, any person that has their primary task of heavy FPU usage, would obviously use IVY-E or Xeon options.

Alas, since you don't do any research, ala claiming that i7 4770K has triple channel memory......rolleyes.gif, AMD has moved on to a different approach in computing, and that is HSA. The FPU functionality will likely be offloaded to the APU for all future AMD processors. Why would they invest any more time to improve the FPU on their existing lineup?

So to point number 1 - 2, then AMD is VIABLE option base on the person's needs.
If HSA is well adopted by software developers then AMD is definitely a viable option.
post #232 of 1593
Thread Starter 
LOL I'm soo not the one being inflammatory in this discussion. Unless you consider people getting angry at the truth I said that they are unwilling to accept as being 'inflammatory". I've actually been both polite and responsive the entire time, and it can't be argued otherwise.

I've made no personal attacks, just laid out the facts....so relax max, and cuts me some slacks ;P
Edited by AMDATI - 3/4/14 at 3:49pm
Not Yours
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790k ASRock Z97E-ITX/AC MSI GTX 1080Ti G.SKILL DDR3  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
SAMSUNG 830 OCZ Deneva 2R WD Scorpio Noctua U14S 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Acer XB270HU IPS CM Quickfire Rapid Fractal Design 650w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Node 304 SteelSeries Rival 700 SteelSeries Qck Sennheiser HD598 
  hide details  
Not Yours
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790k ASRock Z97E-ITX/AC MSI GTX 1080Ti G.SKILL DDR3  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
SAMSUNG 830 OCZ Deneva 2R WD Scorpio Noctua U14S 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Acer XB270HU IPS CM Quickfire Rapid Fractal Design 650w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Node 304 SteelSeries Rival 700 SteelSeries Qck Sennheiser HD598 
  hide details  
post #233 of 1593
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDATI View Post

LOL I'm soo not the one being inflammatory in this discussion. Unless you consider people getting angry at the truth I said that they are unwilling to accept as being 'inflammatory". I've actually been both polite and responsive the entire time, and it can't be argued otherwise.

I've made no personal attacks, just laid out the facts....so relax max, and cuts me some slacks ;P

Let's take your post as an example, right or wrong you are being disrespectful of my opinion.

The post where you declared xenon 1230V3 to be the best performance per dollar winner was worded in an inciteful manner, attempting to illicit an emotional response from people with differing opinons.

I was easily able to provide proof that it is most certainly not in a position where it's performance per dollar isn't refutable.

Unlike the facts that you say you have provided, the ones that I have submitted are from direct personal experience actually pitting 2 processors in the segment I think most consider to be mentioned in the OP against each other

When I expressed my heartfelt opinion that the AMD is a better solution for everyday use, I was asked to provide a measurable example of why that is at the very least a plausable notion.

My opinion wasn't readily acceptable to all, so I gave an example where the FX was not only viable but outperformed much more expensive Intel processors. This fact alone should answer the OP's question.
Ryzen Shine!
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1800X @ 4125mhz 1.432 Volts MSI X370 Titanium   Fury  G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-Pin... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 pro Hp 1260 I liquid unobtanium Koolance 480mm radiator, 39... Win 7 HP/Winspy 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
24" hp @ 1900x1200 Logitech G19 PC power and cooling 910 watt silencer Thermaltake P5 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech MX 518 fUnc industries 
  hide details  
Ryzen Shine!
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1800X @ 4125mhz 1.432 Volts MSI X370 Titanium   Fury  G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-Pin... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 pro Hp 1260 I liquid unobtanium Koolance 480mm radiator, 39... Win 7 HP/Winspy 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
24" hp @ 1900x1200 Logitech G19 PC power and cooling 910 watt silencer Thermaltake P5 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech MX 518 fUnc industries 
  hide details  
post #234 of 1593
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDATI View Post

LOL I'm soo not the one being inflammatory in this discussion. Unless you consider people getting angry at the truth I said that they are unwilling to accept as being 'inflammatory". I've actually been both polite and responsive the entire time, and it can't be argued otherwise.

I've made no personal attacks, just laid out the facts....so relax max, and cuts me some slacks ;P

Please see the Professionalism Initiative and Quality of Content threads for this site.

Please read them and acknowledge that what ever vendor you prefer, which in the end (most of the time) doesnt really matter as both vendors can supply a positive PC experience in most scenarios, to keep OCN a high standard and drama free forum.

We may not follow them to a T, however with many of our members here being very passionate in this hobby they are kind enough to help the ignorant become an intelligent consumer when concerning PC components and most of the time software to go with it.

Please remember that being ignorant is not an insult, we all start somewhere and frankly is more exciting discovering technology and how it can benefit the consumer.

Thank You
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2670 @ 2.8Ghz m4600 m5100 @ 1100c/1500m 16GB DDR3 1333Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
c300 128GB SSD 2TB FireCuda 7mm 2TB Firecuda 7mm 1TB 5400rpm 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
750GB 5400rpm Windows 10 x64  1920x1080 @90hz 150w 
Mouse
Corsair M40 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2670 @ 2.8Ghz m4600 m5100 @ 1100c/1500m 16GB DDR3 1333Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
c300 128GB SSD 2TB FireCuda 7mm 2TB Firecuda 7mm 1TB 5400rpm 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
750GB 5400rpm Windows 10 x64  1920x1080 @90hz 150w 
Mouse
Corsair M40 
  hide details  
post #235 of 1593
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cssorkinman View Post

Let's take your post as an example, right or wrong you are being disrespectful of my opinion.
.

Proving an opinion wrong with facts, really isn't disrespectful. Now I can see how people would perceive it that way, if they don't like being wrong. But that's really all in their heads, and says nothing toward the other person.

I don't keep track of names and who said what though....and considering there's 20 pages of this thread, that'd be a bit excessive.



What I can say in summary, is that in no price range, does AMD beat out Intel on price to performance, all things considered. Not in the $100-$400 price range.
Edited by AMDATI - 3/4/14 at 5:42pm
Not Yours
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790k ASRock Z97E-ITX/AC MSI GTX 1080Ti G.SKILL DDR3  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
SAMSUNG 830 OCZ Deneva 2R WD Scorpio Noctua U14S 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Acer XB270HU IPS CM Quickfire Rapid Fractal Design 650w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Node 304 SteelSeries Rival 700 SteelSeries Qck Sennheiser HD598 
  hide details  
Not Yours
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790k ASRock Z97E-ITX/AC MSI GTX 1080Ti G.SKILL DDR3  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
SAMSUNG 830 OCZ Deneva 2R WD Scorpio Noctua U14S 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Acer XB270HU IPS CM Quickfire Rapid Fractal Design 650w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Node 304 SteelSeries Rival 700 SteelSeries Qck Sennheiser HD598 
  hide details  
post #236 of 1593
Quote:
Originally Posted by nX3NTY View Post

I don't know how that site posted such poor framerate, there is clearly something terribly wrong with their AMD rig. I never experience anything THAT bad on my rig when playing those games. I play Starcraft 2 and other RTS among other FPS in that list but I never seen any bad performance to the point I'm throwing my rig out because of it's poor performance. This isn't Celeron s478 FFS.

Wanna come bench sc2 with me? I need more AMD results.
Insert Name Here
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k Asus Maximus VIII Hero Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti Corsair LPX 2x8GB 3200c16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Old Seagate HDD Samsung 850 EVO Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E SE Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PG258Q (240hz + Gsync) WASDKeyboards.com v1 semi custom w/ mx browns, ... Superflower Golden Green HX550 Air540 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G Pro Qck+ 
  hide details  
Insert Name Here
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k Asus Maximus VIII Hero Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti Corsair LPX 2x8GB 3200c16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Old Seagate HDD Samsung 850 EVO Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E SE Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PG258Q (240hz + Gsync) WASDKeyboards.com v1 semi custom w/ mx browns, ... Superflower Golden Green HX550 Air540 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G Pro Qck+ 
  hide details  
post #237 of 1593
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDATI View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by cssorkinman View Post

Let's take your post as an example, right or wrong you are being disrespectful of my opinion.
.

Proving an opinion wrong with facts, really isn't disrespectful. Now I can see how people would perceive it that way, if they don't like being wrong. But that's really all in their heads, and says nothing toward the other person.

I don't keep track of names and who said what though....and considering there's 20 pages of this thread, that'd be a bit excessive.



What I can say in summary, is that in no price range, does AMD beat out Intel on price to performance, all things considered. Not in the $100-$400 price range.

You have as much right as anyone to be wrong and at least as much ability . (me too for that matter ) smile.gif
Ryzen Shine!
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1800X @ 4125mhz 1.432 Volts MSI X370 Titanium   Fury  G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-Pin... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 pro Hp 1260 I liquid unobtanium Koolance 480mm radiator, 39... Win 7 HP/Winspy 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
24" hp @ 1900x1200 Logitech G19 PC power and cooling 910 watt silencer Thermaltake P5 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech MX 518 fUnc industries 
  hide details  
Ryzen Shine!
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1800X @ 4125mhz 1.432 Volts MSI X370 Titanium   Fury  G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-Pin... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 pro Hp 1260 I liquid unobtanium Koolance 480mm radiator, 39... Win 7 HP/Winspy 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
24" hp @ 1900x1200 Logitech G19 PC power and cooling 910 watt silencer Thermaltake P5 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech MX 518 fUnc industries 
  hide details  
post #238 of 1593
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDATI View Post

Proving an opinion wrong with facts, really isn't disrespectful. Now I can see how people would perceive it that way, if they don't like being wrong. But that's really all in their heads, and says nothing toward the other person.

I don't keep track of names and who said what though....and considering there's 20 pages of this thread, that'd be a bit excessive.



What I can say in summary, is that in no price range, does AMD beat out Intel on price to performance, all things considered. Not in the $100-$400 price range.
APUs would love to have a word with you. You state your opinions and then act as if they are facts. As so many here, even Cyro999 would agree, PUT UP OR SHUTUP. You can prove none of this yourself, you have to rely on others and then you hope that they are being honest, but you don't know, really, do you? I don't need a site to tell me how my FX 8350 should run, I KNOW how it runs. And 99.999% of the time I have better results, most of the time 40%-200% better.

Basing your whole argument on reviews is sad and ignorant at best. There are plenty of users here that have posted results that they have gotten, and a few with both Intel and AMD rigs. Many not showing this glaring issue you personally seem to have with AMD. The positive side to this is for you it is real easy to decide what you are going to buy. It is ok for you to have an opinion, but in this case you are so very wrong about the facts.
post #239 of 1593
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDATI View Post

Proving an opinion wrong with facts, really isn't disrespectful. Now I can see how people would perceive it that way, if they don't like being wrong. But that's really all in their heads, and says nothing toward the other person.

I don't keep track of names and who said what though....and considering there's 20 pages of this thread, that'd be a bit excessive.



What I can say in summary, is that in no price range, does AMD beat out Intel on price to performance, all things considered. Not in the $100-$400 price range.

Well I am certainly disappointed. I've quoted no one but you this 20 or so pages and haven't gotten a rise out of you. Maybe some of the things I said wasn't wrong at all then.. as you NEVER counter pointed the comments I made.
post #240 of 1593
Well, I just kind of skimmed the thread here and have just a few thoughts:

I disagree with the premise of the thread. You can certainly build a high end build using AMD and it will run great. I myself, would chose Intel for now, but that's not to say AMD wouldn't be competitive depending on the build's use, especially gaming. I'm actually highly tempted to make my next build an AMD build, just because. Honestly, I'm a gamer, bencher and some video work and a few FPS / minutes transcoding wouldn't make a world of difference to me and if you're honest, that's what we're talking about, very small differences; good or bad. Furthermore, I constantly go back and forth between intel and AMD. Same on the graphics side with AMD/nVidia. Unmitigated Loyalty to any company is.....misguided in my opinion, unless it's Asus motherboards. biggrin.gif

I think there is a lot of confusion of what 'facts' are and what 'opinions' are.


Regardless of ToS: Professionalism, should really never be touted by OCN, from my observations. I get what they want, but reality is much different.

Just my worthless 2 cents.
Edited by LancerVI - 3/4/14 at 6:33pm
Red Obsidian
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4770K Asus Maximus VI Extreme Galaxy GTX 680 2GB DDR5 Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 4x8 32GB DDR3 CMY3... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
OCZ Vertex 4 256GB SSD  Crucial RealSSD C300 64GB Koolance CPU-370 Koolance PMP-450 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Koolance HX-CU1320V 4x120 Copper Radiator Koolance HX-CU1020V 3x120 Copper Radiator Koolance HX-CU720V 2x120 Copper Radiator Koolance CTR-CD1224 12/24V Pump and Fan Controller 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Corsair AF120 High Performance Fans Windows 7 x64 Professional Dell S2409W Seasonic Platinum-1000  
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Corsair Obsidian 900D Logitech G700 Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD  Logitech Z5500 THX 5.1 Surround System 
  hide details  
Red Obsidian
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4770K Asus Maximus VI Extreme Galaxy GTX 680 2GB DDR5 Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 4x8 32GB DDR3 CMY3... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
OCZ Vertex 4 256GB SSD  Crucial RealSSD C300 64GB Koolance CPU-370 Koolance PMP-450 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Koolance HX-CU1320V 4x120 Copper Radiator Koolance HX-CU1020V 3x120 Copper Radiator Koolance HX-CU720V 2x120 Copper Radiator Koolance CTR-CD1224 12/24V Pump and Fan Controller 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Corsair AF120 High Performance Fans Windows 7 x64 Professional Dell S2409W Seasonic Platinum-1000  
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Corsair Obsidian 900D Logitech G700 Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD  Logitech Z5500 THX 5.1 Surround System 
  hide details  
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD CPUs
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › AMD No longer a viable option for mid-high end?